WHEN WILD BOARS ATTACK? Topic

if you are out in the woods with a gun I gotta assume you know how to shoot it...most good hillbillies do...so a single shot or maybe two from a hand gun should put away a wild boar...if it's a pack of em well, you still have 4 shots left
1/21/2013 2:43 PM
From people who know, a single shot will take down a wild boar.   At about 4 feet.  I think I'd prefer to shoot him a dozen times from a little further away.
1/21/2013 2:46 PM
Posted by seamar_116 on 1/21/2013 6:32:00 AM (view original):
Posted by swamphawk22 on 1/21/2013 12:35:00 AM (view original):
Your opinion that reducing guns reduces crime isnt evidence.

The Clinton gun ban didnt reduce crime or shootings.

Counties with gun restrictions have high crime and counties with more gin freedom have less crime.
stop being so disingenuous (look it up). The ban on assault weapons is intended to reduce one particular type of crime. No one is claiming that all crime is going to go down. Intelligent people are trying to reduce the opportunity for some nut case to gun down large numbers of people in a short amount of time. Like at a school, a mall, or a theater.  Muggings, car jackings, rape, assaults, etc. will not be affected.Happy?
So is there any evidence to support the AW ban did anything to reduce shootings?

I am not willing to just jump over this. This isnt some oddball issue.

I can show a logical connection between "Fire in a movie house" and panic.

I dont see the same connection between AW ban and shootings.
1/21/2013 2:50 PM
Posted by winnetka1 on 1/21/2013 2:43:00 PM (view original):
if you are out in the woods with a gun I gotta assume you know how to shoot it...most good hillbillies do...so a single shot or maybe two from a hand gun should put away a wild boar...if it's a pack of em well, you still have 4 shots left
So why should law abiding citizens be put in a position of danger against Boars?
1/21/2013 2:50 PM
This goes back to what I said in the HCAW thread.   Everyone tries to apply every situation to their situation.

"Well, I've never even seen a wild boar!"

Of course not, you live in a two room flat in the city.   Cattle Herder Joe sees bears, wolves, coyotes, etc, etc, 6 times a week.   If HE thnks he needs a HCAW, who am I to say he doesn't?
1/21/2013 2:54 PM
Posted by swamphawk22 on 1/21/2013 2:50:00 PM (view original):

Counties with gun restrictions have high crime and counties with more gin freedom have less crime.
stop being so disingenuous (look it up). The ban on assault weapons is intended to reduce one particular type of crime. No one is claiming that all crime is going to go down. Intelligent people are trying to reduce the opportunity for some nut case to gun down large numbers of people in a short amount of time. Like at a school, a mall, or a theater.  Muggings, car jackings, rape, assaults, etc. will not be affected.Happy?
So is there any evidence to support the AW ban did anything to reduce shootings?

Asked and answered.

Stop pretending that your question has not been addressed.
1/21/2013 2:55 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/21/2013 12:16:00 PM (view original):
Wouldn't two 9m handguns and a backpack full of 7 shot clips allow one to gun down large numbers of people in a short amount of time?

I think it would.  And handguns are a hell of a lot easier to conceal.    What do we ban now?
This.
1/21/2013 2:57 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 1/21/2013 2:55:00 PM (view original):

Asked and answered.

it has not.

The left has always went with "Guns cause crime"

They never had to prove it.

If it was answered than repeat the answer.

If it cannot be answered and you dont know how to respond stay silent.
1/21/2013 3:07 PM
So why should law abiding citizens be put in a position of danger against Boars?
you're in the woods aren't ya? what do you expect...stay out of the dang woods. I've never ever been attacked by wild boars.
1/21/2013 3:38 PM
Posted by swamphawk22 on 1/21/2013 3:07:00 PM (view original):

Asked and answered.

it has not.

I don't think anyone has argued that guns cause crime. Guns make killing people easier. Reasonable restrictions on who can and can't own a gun and what guns are and are not legal is all that has been asked for.
1/21/2013 5:06 PM
Yes, the tiahrt amendment is a good place to start the revisiting of gun laws.
1/21/2013 5:10 PM
Posted by winnetka1 on 1/21/2013 3:38:00 PM (view original):
you're in the woods aren't ya? what do you expect...stay out of the dang woods. I've never ever been attacked by wild boars.
I'd counter "Don't want to have your children murdered by a madman at their school?  Home school!!!   Ain't no madman ever committed a mass murder on a home school!!!"
1/21/2013 5:37 PM
wanting assault weapons so you can defend yourself against wild boars???Get the **** outta here...
1/21/2013 6:04 PM
Posted by swamphawk22 on 1/21/2013 3:07:00 PM (view original):

Asked and answered.

it has not.

The AW ban was ineffective because it didn't take the illegal guns out of circulation.

Take as many of the illegal guns out of circulation as you can, it logically follows that that they will be involved in less shootings.

Feel free to deny that with your ultra right-wing NRA Kool Aid bullshit.
1/21/2013 6:13 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4...26 Next ▸
WHEN WILD BOARS ATTACK? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.