WHEN WILD BOARS ATTACK? Topic

Posted by MikeT23 on 1/21/2013 9:04:00 PM (view original):
Posted by winnetka1 on 1/21/2013 8:30:00 PM (view original):
More Americans killed by guns since 1968 than in all of America's wars combined. That's my point. If not in schools, then malls, or on the streets of Chicago gun deaths are everywhere. Something either needs to be done about it or else we forget about it and move on.
Well, at least you're being honest.  This has nothing to do with HCAW per se, you want all guns banned. 

Yeah, that's stupid. 
not all guns but certainly some kinds of guns would be a good start....I'm of the thinking that something needs to be done as opposed to "ah, **** it nothing we can do...or should do."
1/21/2013 9:23 PM
Well if you go into a tower with a legal deer rifle you can kill lots of people.

If you take a pump action shotgun and a revolver into a school you can kill lots of people.

Gun control is not the solution.

1/21/2013 9:45 PM
Posted by swamphawk22 on 1/21/2013 8:20:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tecwrg on 1/21/2013 6:13:00 PM (view original):
Posted by swamphawk22 on 1/21/2013 3:07:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tecwrg on 1/21/2013 2:55:00 PM (view original):
Posted by swamphawk22 on 1/21/2013 2:50:00 PM (view original):
Posted by seamar_116 on 1/21/2013 6:32:00 AM (view original):
Posted by swamphawk22 on 1/21/2013 12:35:00 AM (view original):
Your opinion that reducing guns reduces crime isnt evidence.

The Clinton gun ban didnt reduce crime or shootings.

Counties with gun restrictions have high crime and counties with more gin freedom have less crime.
stop being so disingenuous (look it up). The ban on assault weapons is intended to reduce one particular type of crime. No one is claiming that all crime is going to go down. Intelligent people are trying to reduce the opportunity for some nut case to gun down large numbers of people in a short amount of time. Like at a school, a mall, or a theater.  Muggings, car jackings, rape, assaults, etc. will not be affected.Happy?
So is there any evidence to support the AW ban did anything to reduce shootings?

I am not willing to just jump over this. This isnt some oddball issue.

I can show a logical connection between "Fire in a movie house" and panic.

I dont see the same connection between AW ban and shootings.
Asked and answered.

Stop pretending that your question has not been addressed.
it has not.

The left has always went with "Guns cause crime"

They never had to prove it.

If it was answered than repeat the answer.

If it cannot be answered and you dont know how to respond stay silent.
The AW ban was ineffective because it didn't take the illegal guns out of circulation.

Take as many of the illegal guns out of circulation as you can, it logically follows that that they will be involved in less shootings.

Feel free to deny that with your ultra right-wing NRA Kool Aid bullshit.
Gun bans only impact law abiding citizens.

Are you claiming that Obama is suggesting taking away citizens guns?

Remember a man in a truck with some fertilizer and fuel oil took out over a thousand. Some Muslims with box cutters killed over 3 thousand.

In a free society it is almost impossible to prevent someone from killing people.

If you want to abolish the 2nd and take away everyone's guns you will not make people safer.
Where have I argued that we should take away everybody's guns?  In fact I have argued just the opposite . . . abolishing the second amendment would be a horrible idea.

I'm suggesting that high capacity assault weapons are not needed by Joe Citizen.  Nobody has made a good faith argument to counter that.  If that's the case, make sales to and ownership by private citizens illegal.  And if guns currently in possession are illegal, it's retarded to say "Bah, keep the ones you've got".  So yes, take them out of circulation.

BTW, the "man in a truck with some fertilizer and fuel oil" killed 168 people, not "over a thousand".  If you're going to continue to make your bad faith arguments, at least make half an effort to get what little facts you have straight.

And after "some Muslims with box cutters killed over 3 thousand", we saw a massive overhaul of airline security.  Maybe you haven't noticed, but going from the check-in counter to boarding an airplane is a lot more cumbersome than it used to be.  

1/21/2013 9:55 PM (edited)
Wouldn't registering all firearms be a massive overhaul?
Wouldn't an extended prison sentence for possessing an unregistered firearm be a massive overhaul?

Seriously, those who intend to do harm are not concerned with your proposal.  They will not be arriving at these gun collection stations with the assault weapons in hand.   They will not answer the door and willingly hand over their HCAW when the local popo come calling. 

And I'll repeat, if your real concern is school security, address that.   Lock the doors, no one in, no one out is a great start,  Yes, it will make schools look a little more prison-like but, quite honestly, that's the world we live in.
1/22/2013 8:39 AM
Posted by winnetka1 on 1/21/2013 9:23:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/21/2013 9:04:00 PM (view original):
Posted by winnetka1 on 1/21/2013 8:30:00 PM (view original):
More Americans killed by guns since 1968 than in all of America's wars combined. That's my point. If not in schools, then malls, or on the streets of Chicago gun deaths are everywhere. Something either needs to be done about it or else we forget about it and move on.
Well, at least you're being honest.  This has nothing to do with HCAW per se, you want all guns banned. 

Yeah, that's stupid. 
not all guns but certainly some kinds of guns would be a good start....I'm of the thinking that something needs to be done as opposed to "ah, **** it nothing we can do...or should do."
Do you know the weapon of choice for execution-style killings?    .22 caliber.    They will kill Americans. 

What kinds of guns to you think should be legal?
1/22/2013 8:40 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/22/2013 8:39:00 AM (view original):
Wouldn't registering all firearms be a massive overhaul?
Wouldn't an extended prison sentence for possessing an unregistered firearm be a massive overhaul?

Seriously, those who intend to do harm are not concerned with your proposal.  They will not be arriving at these gun collection stations with the assault weapons in hand.   They will not answer the door and willingly hand over their HCAW when the local popo come calling. 

And I'll repeat, if your real concern is school security, address that.   Lock the doors, no one in, no one out is a great start,  Yes, it will make schools look a little more prison-like but, quite honestly, that's the world we live in.
Most schools in the Northeast (and I would guess through out America) have a "locked door" policy.  It's SOP that the only way to enter during the day is throught the front door after being buzzed in, by using a key card, or having someone open a door for you..  It's been that way for more than 5 years.

I don't know exactly what your suggesting but barring the door for 8 hours each day and not letting ANYONE in or out is not reasonable.  

1/22/2013 8:59 AM
I'm guessing that wasn't the case in CO, NJ or VA.   Otherwise, we wouldn't be having this discussion.

Why is securing access to schools unreasonable? 
1/22/2013 9:14 AM
This is really the part of all this that amazes me.   When I go to bed at night, I lock my doors.  No one in, no one out.  Not that people will roam about if I didn't but it makes me feel, and be, safer.   Yet, when it's suggested that access to schools be severely restricted, people think that's unreasonable.  Why should Joe Nokids be allowed to walk onto school grounds?  Gain access to hallways?

Fence the schools and lock the gates.    Then, when the kids are in the building, lock the buildings.    If someone gains access and is unidentified, lock down the school.   None of that seems crazy to me.
1/22/2013 9:26 AM
Really? You don't see a problem with every day, for the first 18 years of your life, you go to a place that gets locked up to keep people out and you in?

MikeTFSkinner?
1/22/2013 9:30 AM
Colorado was almost 20 years ago.   Many changes have gone into effect since then.

I don't know what NJ or VA case you are reffering to but if you mean CT I am pretty sure the doors were locked, he kicked them in or followed someone in.

Securing access is reasonable AND is being done.  Denying ANYONE entrance for the full day is for many reasons.   If that is what you mean, I would be happy to supply you reasons why.
And I haven't locked the doors of my house for 8 years, so we start off on a different plane.
"Fence the schools and lock the gates.    Then, when the kids are in the building, lock the buildings.    If someone gains access and is unidentified, lock down the school.   None of that seems crazy to me."

That is what is happening (minus the fence part) in most schools.
1/22/2013 9:31 AM
There is something functionally wrong with your society if that's ok.
1/22/2013 9:34 AM
"Police have already determined that gunman Adam Lanza, 20, was not buzzed into Sandy Hook, where he was once a student.
“He forced his way into the school,” Vance said. He did not provide specifics and said that broken windows at the school may have been shattered by police who responded to the emergency."

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/12/15/15926718-newtown-gunman-forced-his-way-into-school-police-say?lite

I think what you are talking about Mike is all ready in practice.  Schools are secure but if you REALLY want to get in to one you can.

1/22/2013 9:34 AM
Posted by deathinahole on 1/22/2013 9:34:00 AM (view original):
There is something functionally wrong with your society if that's ok.

We lock all doors in my school.  It started a number of years ago when there started to be notable child abduction cases.

We also conduct student intruder drills.  We lock the doors and hide in a corner. It' s pretty much SOP for most schools.   We practice it as often as we do fire drills.
1/22/2013 9:36 AM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5|6...26 Next ▸
WHEN WILD BOARS ATTACK? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.