WHEN WILD BOARS ATTACK? Topic

Posted by dahsdebater on 1/23/2013 1:29:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 1/23/2013 1:19:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/23/2013 1:18:00 PM (view original):
I think they are.  In fact, I'd argue that smoking kills more Americans than those nastyass HCAW.
Of course it does. And if the the problem with HCAW was all the suicides they cause, I'd agree.
I'd agree with this statement if secondhand smoke didn't still kill more people than assault weapons...  The WHO estimates 600,000 a year worldwide, and that doesn't include birth defects, low birth weight babies, or the fact that there is a significant increase in the probability of a child who grows up around secondhand smoke becoming a smoker himself or herself later in life.
Some cities already ban all smoking in public. It certainly isn't a constitutional right. But like other drugs and alcohol, I'm OK with adults deciding they want to do something harmful to themselves in the privacy of their own home.
1/23/2013 1:37 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 1/23/2013 1:37:00 PM (view original):
Posted by dahsdebater on 1/23/2013 1:29:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 1/23/2013 1:19:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/23/2013 1:18:00 PM (view original):
I think they are.  In fact, I'd argue that smoking kills more Americans than those nastyass HCAW.
Of course it does. And if the the problem with HCAW was all the suicides they cause, I'd agree.
I'd agree with this statement if secondhand smoke didn't still kill more people than assault weapons...  The WHO estimates 600,000 a year worldwide, and that doesn't include birth defects, low birth weight babies, or the fact that there is a significant increase in the probability of a child who grows up around secondhand smoke becoming a smoker himself or herself later in life.
Some cities already ban all smoking in public. It certainly isn't a constitutional right. But like other drugs and alcohol, I'm OK with adults deciding they want to do something harmful to themselves in the privacy of their own home.
Like polish their legally acquired AW?
1/23/2013 1:39 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 1/23/2013 1:34:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/23/2013 1:23:00 PM (view original):
So shouldn't we ban all weapons?
No.

I'm sorry if the fact that this isn't 100% black and white is causing problems for you.
So you no longer want to prevent murders?

What do you really want?
1/23/2013 1:39 PM
Here, I'll post a repeat:

"Third, I think the number of mass shootings is being greatly overblown.   They're not an everyday thing and those that have happened haven't been solely with AW-type weapons.   Giffords-9mm.   Aurora-30 rounds from an AW, the rest from shotgun/handgun.   Columbine-not sure but I thought shotguns/handguns.  Beltway sniper-sniper rifle.   VaTech-handguns.   So, in reality, only the Sandy Hook was HCAW.   Therefore, I don't get the "BAN HCAW!!!!!  But don't worry about those other guns" mantra."

Thoughts?
1/23/2013 1:43 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/23/2013 1:39:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 1/23/2013 1:34:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/23/2013 1:23:00 PM (view original):
So shouldn't we ban all weapons?
No.

I'm sorry if the fact that this isn't 100% black and white is causing problems for you.
So you no longer want to prevent murders?

What do you really want?
Jackass...you say we should require registration. Are you trying to prevent murders? Yes, then why don't you want all weapons banned? Oh, yeah, because that's ridiculous. I say we should require registration and outlaw HCAW. Still trying to prevent murders, not advocating a total ban on all weapons.

The goal is the same. We're just drawing the line in different places.
1/23/2013 1:45 PM
Agreed.  Your line is stupid because handguns kill a lot more people than HCAW.    HCAW isn't even the weapon of choice for these mass shootings(see previous post).

Your line is stupid because it's simply a "We did something.  Everyone join hands and sing" solution.
1/23/2013 1:48 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/23/2013 1:48:00 PM (view original):
Agreed.  Your line is stupid because handguns kill a lot more people than HCAW.    HCAW isn't even the weapon of choice for these mass shootings(see previous post).

Your line is stupid because it's simply a "We did something.  Everyone join hands and sing" solution.
Do handguns serve a useful purpose? Yes.
Do HCAW serve a useful purpose? No.

See the difference?

1/23/2013 1:49 PM
The entire problem I have with this ban is that is solves nothing and doesn't even fit into the tiny little box of what you say you're trying to do.    IOW, it's just stupid. 
1/23/2013 1:50 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 1/23/2013 1:49:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/23/2013 1:48:00 PM (view original):

Do handguns serve a useful purpose? Yes.
Do HCAW serve a useful purpose? No.

See the difference?

Do both kill people?  Yes.

Which one kills more people?  Handguns.

See why you're a moron?
1/23/2013 1:51 PM
I don't know what your problem is. You are clearly capable of understanding that some things are dangerous and should remain legal and other things are dangerous and should be made illegal. Yet, you act like you can't see that difference.

If you disagree, fine, but stop playing dumb.
1/23/2013 1:56 PM
No, I don't like your reasons for banning a specific firearm.

Time and time again, I've mentioned that handguns kill a lot more people than AW.    I've listed mass shootings where handguns/shotguns were used.   Yet, you prattle on about wanting to prevent "murders" and "mass shootings".     What you want and what you want to prevent do not match up.

What part of this confuses you?
1/23/2013 1:59 PM
If you want to crap on the 2A, say so.   I can at least understand that.   Other countries have firearm bans.   If that's the America you want, just say so. 
1/23/2013 2:00 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/23/2013 1:59:00 PM (view original):
No, I don't like your reasons for banning a specific firearm.

Time and time again, I've mentioned that handguns kill a lot more people than AW.    I've listed mass shootings where handguns/shotguns were used.   Yet, you prattle on about wanting to prevent "murders" and "mass shootings".     What you want and what you want to prevent do not match up.

What part of this confuses you?
I'm not confused. Handguns are dangerous. Handguns kill a lot of people. So do cars.

Like cars, handguns are necessary for a lot of people despite the danger.

1/23/2013 2:05 PM
Why does Joe Citizen NEED a handgun?
1/23/2013 2:08 PM
1/23/2013 2:09 PM
◂ Prev 1...12|13|14|15|16...26 Next ▸
WHEN WILD BOARS ATTACK? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.