WHEN WILD BOARS ATTACK? Topic

I'm fine with registering all guns.  I'm fine with halting the manufacture/sale of HCAW.  My only problem is the proposal that current weapons would be confiscated.

Why is that where you draw the line?
1/28/2013 11:18 AM
Pretty sure I've answered that a hundred times already.

Read back.   In this thread or tec's.
1/28/2013 11:32 AM
Posted by seamar_116 on 1/28/2013 7:29:00 AM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/27/2013 7:04:00 AM (view original):
Do you understand that they manage to kill almost 10x as many people without guns as they do with guns?
how many are mass murders? False equivalency. The focus now is to try and limit one particular type of murder, not all murder. I'd be satisfied if we applied the same standards to gun owners as we do to drivers. Fair enough?
And we are telling you that HCAWs are not going to do that.

Lets get a scenario going.

Crazy guy wants to kill everyone at his school. He cant get a HCAW so he abandons his plan?

He just uses more guns.

And if we are just trying to stop one type of crime and this doesnt do it where does that infamous slippery slope lead us?

Ban  handguns, shotguns, rifles and every other gun.

1/28/2013 1:42 PM
Crazy guy wants to kill everyone. He can't get a HCAW so he has to use a less effective weapon for killing a lot of people in public. Because of this, he is able to kill less people before the police stop him.
1/28/2013 2:04 PM
I thought I killed this thread with the Indiana Jones analogy.
1/28/2013 2:12 PM
Not all shooting sprees are planned in advance.  When they're not, the attacker will use the weapons that are readily at hand.

Which scenario has the capacity to kill more people in the shortest amount of time:

a)  Going to a public place where a number of people may be gathered, armed with a handgun and a bunch of clips?

or

b)  Going to a public place where a number of people may be gathered, armed with an assault weapon and a bunch of high capacity clips?

Bonus question: if a person intent on doing quite a bit of harm to a group of people has a HCAW and a handgun, and multiple clips for both, which weapon is he most likely to use first, and why?
1/28/2013 2:12 PM
Of these recent mass shootings, which one, other than Sandy Hook, wasn't planned well in advance?

a) was the Giffords shooting.   And the Aurora shooting as the AW jammed after about 30 rounds.
1/28/2013 2:26 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/28/2013 2:26:00 PM (view original):
Of these recent mass shootings, which one, other than Sandy Hook, wasn't planned well in advance?

a) was the Giffords shooting.   And the Aurora shooting as the AW jammed after about 30 rounds.
Loughner had a 33 round magazine and, when he stopped to reload, he dropped the loaded clip. Restricting the size of the clips may have saved some lives. If he had been armed with an assault rifle, more accurate from a distance than a handgun and capable of holding more bullets, more people probably would have died.
1/28/2013 2:35 PM
If a frog had wings, he wouldn't bump his *** on the ground when he jumped.

Let's stick to what happened.    He used 9mm handguns. 
1/28/2013 2:38 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/28/2013 2:38:00 PM (view original):
If a frog had wings, he wouldn't bump his *** on the ground when he jumped.

Let's stick to what happened.    He used 9mm handguns. 
Yes, of course. Let's not imagine scenarios that are ridiculous in an attempt to make a point.

What were you saying about wild boars?
1/28/2013 2:39 PM
Well, if John Wilkes Booth had an AW, they'd have never caught him.    He'd have shot up the entire theater and escaped with no witnesses.

This IS fun.
1/28/2013 2:41 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/28/2013 2:26:00 PM (view original):

Bonus question: if a person intent on doing quite a bit of harm to a group of people has a HCAW and a handgun, and multiple clips for both, which weapon is he most likely to use first, and why?
1/28/2013 2:48 PM

So we're now peeking into the minds of crazies?    Can we imagine the damage they'd have done if they flew F16s?

1/28/2013 2:50 PM

So we're now peeking into the minds of crazies?    Can we imagine the damage they'd have done if they flew F16s?

1/28/2013 2:50 PM
OH, I'VE GOT A BETTER IDEA!!!!   LET'S GIVE THEM SUPER POWERS TOO!!!!

1/28/2013 3:00 PM
◂ Prev 1...19|20|21|22|23...26 Next ▸
WHEN WILD BOARS ATTACK? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.