Will stupid, wasteful govt spending save us? Topic

This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
I believe that would qualify as a biased and leading poll question.
3/4/2013 2:46 PM
KILLING THE TEA BAGGERS WILL SAVE US
3/4/2013 2:47 PM
Well, I only know of one person, real or internet, who says it's a good thing when the govt pays $85 for a $4 hammer.
3/4/2013 2:48 PM
Does Miket know what the deficit is?

Votes: 9
(Last vote received: 4/2/2013 2:39 PM)
3/4/2013 7:29 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 3/4/2013 2:48:00 PM (view original):
Well, I only know of one person, real or internet, who says it's a good thing when the govt pays $85 for a $4 hammer.
85? I understood it was a 500 dollar hammer!
3/5/2013 6:22 AM
Posted by antoncresten on 3/4/2013 2:47:00 PM (view original):
So can you explain how eliminatiing the most dynamic grass roots political movement in modern times would help anything?
3/12/2013 11:46 AM
Posted by antoncresten on 3/4/2013 2:47:00 PM (view original):
So can you explain how eliminatiing the most dynamic grass roots political movement in modern times would help anything?
3/12/2013 11:46 AM
The Tea Party is little more than a bunch of right wing nut jobs.

A friend of mine is a proud Tea party supporter.  He took exception to some comments that I made about the Tea Party, and referred me to a website that contained the Tea Party "mission statement".  On paper, it looks well thought out and reasonable.  But in practice, the Tea Party is dominated by the hard-core religious right, who distort the "mission statement" with utter foolishness, such as Todd Akin's rape comments.
3/12/2013 12:11 PM
1 Abortion is a special issue that cannot fit on most politial charts because there is in reality no middle ground. There is always a perception of wiggle room, but in reality either you support abotions or you dont. How you feel about them personally isnt really relevant on the issue. either they should be mostly available or they shouldnt. Parental consent, life of mother, rape and incest are all just regualtions after the fact. The vast majority of abortions dont fit in these areas. So when a person is mostly resonable and heir abortion issue doesnt fit you might still want to vote for this person.

2 Again Akin was trying to be smarter than he was. He clearly heard something about pregnancy being less likely during a rape and ran with it without actually knowing what he was talking about.

3 None of his is actually what the Tea Party is about. I would assume a large hunk of the Tea Party is pro-life. It isnt the point though. No one in the Tea Party wants congressmen to sign an abortion pledge, just a tax pledge.

The Tea Party scares the left because it its an issue they canot win. Less government. Less Taxes.

And who do you see as closer to the Center of America...

The Tea Party

-or-

The Congressional Progressive Caucous?
3/12/2013 12:43 PM
Bump for response from someone on the left!
3/20/2013 5:28 PM
Will stupid, wasteful govt spending save us? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.