Do Brussels sprouts taste good? Topic

They will look burnt when you get them out of the oven. That's what you want. If they are under cooked they are bitter.
3/15/2013 2:42 PM
bad_luck = Rachael Ray?

3/15/2013 2:51 PM
THEY TURN MY POO GREEN

ERIN GO BRALESS
3/15/2013 3:06 PM
Brussel sprouts are like really good small cabbages.

That being said if you really hate cabbage you will probably not love brussel sprouts.

I just boil them and add butter salt and pepper.

The basalmic sounds great...will try that.

3/15/2013 3:18 PM
See?  Wasn't that much nicer than being all argumentative?

Wouldn't it be a better start to your morning if you posted a recipe instead of some argumentative "So what"?   
3/15/2013 3:23 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 3/15/2013 3:23:00 PM (view original):
See?  Wasn't that much nicer than being all argumentative?

Wouldn't it be a better start to your morning if you posted a recipe instead of some argumentative "So what"?   
Sure, I'll try that. And wouldn't it be better if you kept your mouth shut when there's an argument about a topic that you don't know anything about, like the deficit?
3/15/2013 4:03 PM
Awww, now you're regressing.

I know "It's just debt" is stupid.  And "It's only 200 billion a year" is moronic.    And to say "It's only 6% of the budget" is dumber than the first two statements.  Even your retarded son knows that.
3/15/2013 4:06 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 3/15/2013 4:06:00 PM (view original):
Awww, now you're regressing.

I know "It's just debt" is stupid.  And "It's only 200 billion a year" is moronic.    And to say "It's only 6% of the budget" is dumber than the first two statements.  Even your retarded son knows that.
You "know" those things?

How could you possibly know those things? You think treasury bonds count as income that could reduce the deficit.
3/15/2013 4:27 PM

You think America has a budget.   What's that say about your "knowledge"?

3/15/2013 4:29 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 3/15/2013 12:07:00 PM (view original):
"I WIN!!!!!"

You with your "gotcha" moment?
3/15/2013 4:33 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 3/15/2013 4:29:00 PM (view original):

You think America has a budget.   What's that say about your "knowledge"?

Now you want to argue semantics? We don't have a formal budget but Congress passes continuing resolutions to authorize spending as if we had a budget.

But I'm sure you knew that.
3/15/2013 4:35 PM
BTW, it's about time for me to take off.   Although I stopped working hours ago, I haven't been having a cocktail or three so I won't be sticking around to argue today..

See you about 6 AM in the morning?   Or do you get up late on the weekend?
3/15/2013 4:36 PM
I mean really, it takes all of two seconds on wikipedia:

continuing resolution is a type of appropriations legislation used by the United States Congress to fund government agencies if a formal appropriations bill has not been signed into law by the end of the Congressional fiscal year.
3/15/2013 4:37 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 3/15/2013 2:41:00 PM (view original):
Posted by toddcommish on 3/15/2013 2:05:00 PM (view original):
OK, my wife and I were just discussing brussel sprouts.  She hates them and has never prepared them.  My mom hated them and never prepared them when I was a kid.  I have NFI what they taste like, but we have a number of friends who swear by them.

What's a good recipe for trying them?  I've seen them split and stir-fried (or broiled) with olive oil and seasoning.

What other veggie might they taste like?
They're like mini-cabbages but they taste...I don't know, nutty? Rinse them and trim the stems and cut them in half. Toss them with a little olive oil and salt/pepper. Spray a cookie sheet with non-stick spray and put them into a preheated oven at 400 for about 20 minutes. Then make up a glaze on the stove top. Balsamic vinegar, brown sugar, and soy sauce. That takes about 10 minutes so start it when the sprouts are about half done.

Then toss the sprouts in a mixing bowl with the reduction.
I'll have to try that.  I usually make them with just butter, salt and pepper.  Throw them in a covered roasting pan with diced sweet potatoes and chopped sweet onions.  Then go outside and grill flank steak that's been in a kalbi marinade for 24 hours.

I guess I know what I'm making for dinner Saturday night.
3/15/2013 4:47 PM
Posted by examinerebb on 3/15/2013 4:47:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 3/15/2013 2:41:00 PM (view original):
Posted by toddcommish on 3/15/2013 2:05:00 PM (view original):
OK, my wife and I were just discussing brussel sprouts.  She hates them and has never prepared them.  My mom hated them and never prepared them when I was a kid.  I have NFI what they taste like, but we have a number of friends who swear by them.

What's a good recipe for trying them?  I've seen them split and stir-fried (or broiled) with olive oil and seasoning.

What other veggie might they taste like?
They're like mini-cabbages but they taste...I don't know, nutty? Rinse them and trim the stems and cut them in half. Toss them with a little olive oil and salt/pepper. Spray a cookie sheet with non-stick spray and put them into a preheated oven at 400 for about 20 minutes. Then make up a glaze on the stove top. Balsamic vinegar, brown sugar, and soy sauce. That takes about 10 minutes so start it when the sprouts are about half done.

Then toss the sprouts in a mixing bowl with the reduction.
I'll have to try that.  I usually make them with just butter, salt and pepper.  Throw them in a covered roasting pan with diced sweet potatoes and chopped sweet onions.  Then go outside and grill flank steak that's been in a kalbi marinade for 24 hours.

I guess I know what I'm making for dinner Saturday night.
Good call with the potatoes and onions. Carrots and parsnips also roast well with the sprouts.
3/15/2013 5:20 PM
◂ Prev 1...15|16|17
Do Brussels sprouts taste good? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.