DOMA & Prop 8 Topic

Posted by MikeT23 on 4/3/2013 5:27:00 PM (view original):
Again, if we're allowing same sex marriage in the name of equality, and I find that a much better reason than "It makes people happy", I think we have to address the type of marriage a bisexual would require.   And that's polygamous. 

So, at this point, you have to say "I don't care about equality for bisexuals" or "I don't think one person have love both a man and a woman equally."

Are you prepared to make one of those statements?
Do you think polygamy should be allowed?
4/3/2013 5:28 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 4/3/2013 5:26:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tecwrg on 4/3/2013 5:20:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 4/3/2013 4:10:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tecwrg on 4/3/2013 3:32:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 4/3/2013 3:25:00 PM (view original):
Polygamy isn't the issue before the Supreme Court. But if someone wants to sue for that right, I won't stand in their way.

What's the damage in continuing to allow gay marriage?
It should never have been allowed in the first place.

That's the answer you're going to get, so no need for you to keep repeating the same question over and over.
That's not an answer.

Gay marriage is happening. Whether or not it should have been allowed, what damage is it causing?
What part of "That's the answer you're going to get, so no need for you to keep repeating the same question over and over" do you not understand?

If I change the word "answer" to "response", does that make it easier for you to understand that I'm not going to play this game with you?

Can you bring anything new to the conversation, or are you just going to keep repeating yourself?
I'm asking you a question that you are refusing to answer.

If you are arguing that gay marriage is so harmful that no one should be allowed to do it, you should spell out the harm.
Please refer me to a post where I said gay marriage was harmful.
4/3/2013 5:29 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 4/3/2013 5:29:00 PM (view original):
Polygamy isn't the issue before the Supreme Court. But if someone wants to sue for that right, I won't stand in their way.

That's the answer you're going to get, so no need for you to keep repeating the same question over and over.
That's not an answer.

Gay marriage is happening. Whether or not it should have been allowed, what damage is it causing?
What part of "That's the answer you're going to get, so no need for you to keep repeating the same question over and over" do you not understand?

If I change the word "answer" to "response", does that make it easier for you to understand that I'm not going to play this game with you?

Can you bring anything new to the conversation, or are you just going to keep repeating yourself?

If you are arguing that gay marriage is so harmful that no one should be allowed to do it, you should spell out the harm.
If it isn't harmful, why ban it?
4/3/2013 5:29 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 4/3/2013 5:29:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tecwrg on 4/3/2013 5:29:00 PM (view original):

That's not an answer.

If it isn't harmful, why ban it?
Page 1 of this thread.  3/28/2013 9:28 PM

Also, page 2.  
3/29/2013 11:11 AM
4/3/2013 5:51 PM (edited)
Posted by tecwrg on 3/28/2013 9:28:00 PM (view original):
I have no problem with giving equal rights with respect to taxes, benefits, etc. to same sex couples.

I do have a problem with calling it marriage.  Thousands of years of human culture and tradition have universally defined marriage as between men and women.  I'm not sure why that NEEDS to change now because of a vocal minority and "political correctness".
Because they want to be married.

Is there a reason that marriage can't change to include gays?
4/3/2013 5:56 PM
Why should somebody's WANT become society's NEED?
4/3/2013 6:06 PM
They want to get married. Is there a reason we should deny them that?
4/3/2013 6:12 PM
If they also wanted ponies, is society responsible for ensuring that they get one?
4/3/2013 6:40 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 4/3/2013 6:40:00 PM (view original):
If they also wanted ponies, is society responsible for ensuring that they get one?
No, but we wouldn't ban them from buying ponies either. 

I understand that the definition of marriage has changed significantly since gays started getting married. You say that never should have happened. I'm asking why.
4/3/2013 6:43 PM
Page 1 of this thread.  3/28/2013 9:28 PM

Also, page 2.  
3/29/2013 11:11 AM
4/3/2013 6:54 PM
Because they want to. Why do you want to stop them?
4/3/2013 7:01 PM
The circle continues. Do you ever answer a question directly?
4/3/2013 7:02 PM
The circle continues.  Why do you keep asking the same question over and over?
4/3/2013 7:13 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 4/3/2013 7:13:00 PM (view original):
The circle continues.  Why do you keep asking the same question over and over?
Because you won't answer it.
4/3/2013 7:15 PM
It should be painfully obvious by now that I'm not going to give you a different response that what I've already given you.  Yet you keep asking the same question over and over and over again, as if you expect that I will.

Which begs the question . . . are you really that stubborn, or are you just plain stupid?

Either one is equally likely, in my opinion.
4/3/2013 7:29 PM
◂ Prev 1...32|33|34|35|36...358 Next ▸
DOMA & Prop 8 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.