DOMA & Prop 8 Topic

Posted by MikeT23 on 4/5/2013 12:02:00 PM (view original):
Here's where the failure to communicate is happening:

I'm not say "no".   I'm saying "Can we consider the repercussions for a minute?"

You're saying "NOW!!!  WE GOTTA DO IT NOW BEFORE ALL THESE GAY PEOPLE REVOLT!!!!   IT MUST HAPPEN BEFORE 1 PM TODAY!!!!!  OMG!!!!  I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT'S GONNA HAPPEN IF IT DOESN'T BUT I BET IT WILL BE HORRIBLE!!!!!!  POSSIBLY WORLD-ENDING!!!!  OMFG!!!!!!!"
I am considering the repercussions.  Are you saying if I think about this for a year I may feel differently?  How long? 10 years? 30 years?  Should I wait 10 years before I make a decision on any particular political topic?

If we allow gay marriage nationally, and all chaos breaks loose, can't we go "WHOA, hold on.  Sorry gays, you can't get married.  I didn't see that coming."
4/5/2013 12:08 PM
Posted by burnsy483 on 4/5/2013 12:03:00 PM (view original):
"Being married to more than one person has never been an option for you."

Yes, but having a serious relationship with multiple people has been.  I don't think marriage is the reason I choose not to. I don't want that for obvious reasons, like jealously and a commitment to 1 person and all that nonsense.

Yes, if it's an option for people to marry multiple people, maybe people would.  But my point is bisexuals aren't more likely to do that.
How many bisexuals have you interviewed before determining this?
4/5/2013 12:11 PM
Posted by burnsy483 on 4/5/2013 12:08:00 PM (view original):

I'm not say "no".   I'm saying "Can we consider the repercussions for a minute?"

You're saying "NOW!!!  WE GOTTA DO IT NOW BEFORE ALL THESE GAY PEOPLE REVOLT!!!!   IT MUST HAPPEN BEFORE 1 PM TODAY!!!!!  OMG!!!!  I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT'S GONNA HAPPEN IF IT DOESN'T BUT I BET IT WILL BE HORRIBLE!!!!!!  POSSIBLY WORLD-ENDING!!!!  OMFG!!!!!!!"
I am considering the repercussions.  Are you saying if I think about this for a year I may feel differently?  How long? 10 years? 30 years?  Should I wait 10 years before I make a decision on any particular political topic?

If we allow gay marriage nationally, and all chaos breaks loose, can't we go "WHOA, hold on.  Sorry gays, you can't get married.  I didn't see that coming."
I don't know how long you need to think about it.   Yesterday you were all for pedophiles marrying children.   I don't think you thought about that long enough.

Do you think taking rights away is a good idea?   Or maybe attempting to determine potential chaos is a better idea?
4/5/2013 12:13 PM

OK.

What are the repercussions?
4/5/2013 12:21 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 4/5/2013 12:21:00 PM (view original):

OK.

What are the repercussions?
I don't know, let's think about it for several years.
4/5/2013 12:26 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 4/5/2013 12:11:00 PM (view original):

Yes, but having a serious relationship with multiple people has been.  I don't think marriage is the reason I choose not to. I don't want that for obvious reasons, like jealously and a commitment to 1 person and all that nonsense.

Yes, if it's an option for people to marry multiple people, maybe people would.  But my point is bisexuals aren't more likely to do that.
Have many bisexuals have you interviewed to determine that most want to marry multiple people?
4/5/2013 12:28 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 4/5/2013 12:13:00 PM (view original):

I don't know how long you need to think about it.   Yesterday you were all for pedophiles marrying children.   I don't think you thought about that long enough.

Do you think taking rights away is a good idea?   Or maybe attempting to determine potential chaos is a better idea?
I don't think taking rights away is a good idea, just like I don't think keeping rights from people is a good idea.

I'm doing my best to determine potential chaos.  Give me some time (might be a few decades), I'll get back to you with what I found.
4/5/2013 12:29 PM
I don't see why the government has anything to do with marriage. You don't need government approval to date, become monogamous in the first place, or get engaged. I don't see any reason why they should step in and suddenly start licensing and sanctioning relationships when it comes to marriage.

4/5/2013 1:06 PM
Posted by bistiza on 4/5/2013 1:06:00 PM (view original):
I don't see why the government has anything to do with marriage. You don't need government approval to date, become monogamous in the first place, or get engaged. I don't see any reason why they should step in and suddenly start licensing and sanctioning relationships when it comes to marriage.

Suddenly?
4/5/2013 1:24 PM
Posted by burnsy483 on 4/5/2013 12:28:00 PM (view original):

Have many bisexuals have you interviewed to determine that most want to marry multiple people?
I'm assuming as many as you.   Yet, oddly, I'm not the one saying "I doubt they'll do that."   I'm saying they WILL have that option if SSM is allowed under the premise of "happy people seeking equality."
4/5/2013 1:50 PM
Posted by burnsy483 on 4/5/2013 12:29:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 4/5/2013 12:13:00 PM (view original):

I don't think taking rights away is a good idea, just like I don't think keeping rights from people is a good idea.

I'm doing my best to determine potential chaos.  Give me some time (might be a few decades), I'll get back to you with what I found.
Do you promise to put more thought into it before deciding pedophile/child marriage is OK?
4/5/2013 1:51 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 4/5/2013 1:50:00 PM (view original):
Posted by burnsy483 on 4/5/2013 12:28:00 PM (view original):

I'm assuming as many as you.   Yet, oddly, I'm not the one saying "I doubt they'll do that."   I'm saying they WILL have that option if SSM is allowed under the premise of "happy people seeking equality."
Will they? Are we giving up any control over where to draw the line?

To me, gay marriage is much closer to heterosexual marriage than polygamy is.
4/5/2013 1:54 PM
Mike, you're insinuating that there will be many bisexuals who will want multiple wives and husbands.  More than people who have a preference one way or the other.  I don't think that's right, and I don't know why you would know either.

Yes, I'll put in more thought.  How many years will it take?
4/5/2013 2:08 PM
You're the one thinking, how the **** am I supposed to know how long it will take you?     Took you about 5 minutes to decide pedophile/child was OK.  

I'm just making assumptions based on human nature.   So I'll ask you this.    You have a female lover, long-term relationship.  You'd like marriage but she has a female lover, also a long-term relationship, and you're cool with it because you're able to stick something in there every now and then if you know what I mean.  You three live together.   Suddenly polygamy is accepted/allowed.    Your long-term lover says "I want to marry Martha but not you."     You good with that?
4/5/2013 2:15 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 4/5/2013 2:15:00 PM (view original):
You're the one thinking, how the **** am I supposed to know how long it will take you?     Took you about 5 minutes to decide pedophile/child was OK.  

I'm just making assumptions based on human nature.   So I'll ask you this.    You have a female lover, long-term relationship.  You'd like marriage but she has a female lover, also a long-term relationship, and you're cool with it because you're able to stick something in there every now and then if you know what I mean.  You three live together.   Suddenly polygamy is accepted/allowed.    Your long-term lover says "I want to marry Martha but not you."     You good with that?
What does that have to do with polygamy? He could date some girl now who is also seeing someone else and then have that girl decide she wants to marry the other person.

This is getting especially dumb, even for you, mike.
4/5/2013 2:32 PM
◂ Prev 1...42|43|44|45|46...358 Next ▸
DOMA & Prop 8 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.