DOMA & Prop 8 Topic

I have a gay friend who got drunk at a wedding last weekend and hooked up with a girl (true story). He's been out since high school and this was his first time with a girl. He has no plans to ever do it again. Is he still gay?
4/22/2013 2:57 PM
Also, it's only been 9ish days since the hookup and he hasn't hooked up with a guy since.
4/22/2013 2:58 PM
"Except you can be attracted to the same sex and not be homosexual."

I'm not using YOUR definition.  I'm using the commonly understood definition.

You described that <he who shall not be named> was a whore because you knew of 2 people he had sexual relations with.  I described that you had to be promiscuous to be a whore, and you said that having sex with 2 people made you promiscuous.  These are not commonly understood definitions.

See, I don't know if I can argue with you, because I may have different meanings for words than you do.  What do you mean by "argue?" Do you mean "conversing over a debatable topic," or do you mean "watching television?"  What do you mean by "dictionary?" Do you mean "book that gives definitions of words" or "fruit from a tree you can eat?" 
4/22/2013 2:59 PM
Posted by bistiza on 4/22/2013 2:53:00 PM (view original):
I didn't say I'm a warm weather dweller.  I said I'm attracted to warm weather.

Great. So that means you understand that dwelling in warm weather and being attracted to warm weather are two different things.

I didn't say homosexuals have gay sex.  I said they are attracted to the same sex.

Except you can be attracted to the same sex and not be homosexual. Or you could be attracted to the opposite sex and not be heterosexual. Now you're don't know how to define anyone's status.

I guess you're like BL - people are whatever they say they are for whatever reason they want or no reason at all. There's no need for anything to make sense, after all.

Arguing from the dictionary is the same thing as saying "lots of people agree with me", which is not a logical argument. We've already been over that.
I guess that's better than the position you're in with no one agreeing with you.
4/22/2013 3:00 PM
I have a gay friend who got drunk at a wedding last weekend and hooked up with a girl (true story). He's been out since high school and this was his first time with a girl. He has no plans to ever do it again. Is he still gay?

According to you he is whatever the hell he says he is, because it doesn't have to make any sense.

According to a logical line of reasoning, he is either bisexual or straight, depending upon what he does from here.

4/22/2013 3:01 PM
Posted by bistiza on 4/22/2013 3:01:00 PM (view original):

According to you he is whatever the hell he says he is, because it doesn't have to make any sense.

According to a logical line of reasoning, he is either bisexual or straight, depending upon what he does from here.

You're contradicting yourself.  He is now straight, based on your argument.  I does not depend on what he does from here.  
4/22/2013 3:02 PM
Posted by bistiza on 4/22/2013 3:01:00 PM (view original):

I'm pretty he still considers himself gay. And that's all that matters- his opinion on his sexuality. He's not accountable to anyone else. He's gay if he says he is. Or bi. Or straight. There are no prerequisites that he has to fulfill.
4/22/2013 3:03 PM
I'm not using YOUR definition.  I'm using the commonly understood definition.

You're not using the LOGICAL definition, you're using a made up definition that is commonly accepted because of propaganda. Gotcha.
I guess that's better than the position you're in with no one agreeing with you.
No. Anyone who understands how logical reasoning works agrees with me.

Will you ever learn than the the number of people who agree with something has NOTHING to do with how valid it is?
4/22/2013 3:05 PM
You're contradicting yourself.  He is now straight, based on your argument.  I does not depend on what he does from here.

As I said before, if someone goes back and forth between the genders, they are bisexual.

We only know of one change this person has made. If they don't make another and stay with women, then he has become straight. If he continues to see both genders, he is bisexual. If he goes back to only being with men, he will be homosexual again. As things stand, he is either heterosexual or bisexual at the present time.
I'm pretty he still considers himself gay. And that's all that matters- his opinion on his sexuality. He's not accountable to anyone else. He's gay if he says he is. Or bi. Or straight. There are no prerequisites that he has to fulfill.

Is that how everything works in your mind? Are you whatever the hell you think you are?

No wonder you're so ridiculous all the time. You think whatever you say is just the way things are. You don't need a reason for anything.

Wow. Thanks for the laughs. No, really. I just about busted a gut there.
4/22/2013 3:11 PM
"You're not using the LOGICAL definition, you're using a made up definition that is commonly accepted because of propaganda. Gotcha."

No.  I'm just using the ACTUAL definition.
4/22/2013 3:12 PM
Something is not the "actual" definition just because you say so.

Maybe I say the logical definition is the "actual" definition.

Looks like a stalemate.

4/22/2013 3:12 PM
"Is that how everything works in your mind? Are you whatever the hell you think you are?"

The definition of the word is based on what you prefer, what you think you are.  If you're laughing, there's something wrong with you.

4/22/2013 3:13 PM
Posted by bistiza on 4/22/2013 3:12:00 PM (view original):
Something is not the "actual" definition just because you say so.

Maybe I say the logical definition is the "actual" definition.

Looks like a stalemate.

Great.  Where do I buy your dictionary filled with "logical" definitions?
4/22/2013 3:15 PM
What is the point owning a dictionary if the definitions are wrong?
4/22/2013 3:18 PM
Posted by bistiza on 4/22/2013 3:11:00 PM (view original):

As I said before, if someone goes back and forth between the genders, they are bisexual.

We only know of one change this person has made. If they don't make another and stay with women, then he has become straight. If he continues to see both genders, he is bisexual. If he goes back to only being with men, he will be homosexual again. As things stand, he is either heterosexual or bisexual at the present time.

Is that how everything works in your mind? Are you whatever the hell you think you are?

No wonder you're so ridiculous all the time. You think whatever you say is just the way things are. You don't need a reason for anything.

Wow. Thanks for the laughs. No, really. I just about busted a gut there.
That's not how everything works, but it is how sexuality works. You are either attracted to men or women (or both), and that attraction is what defines your sexuality. Since no one else knows what's in your head, you are whatever you say you are.
4/22/2013 3:23 PM
◂ Prev 1...85|86|87|88|89...358 Next ▸
DOMA & Prop 8 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.