DOMA & Prop 8 Topic

Posted by MikeT23 on 4/23/2013 11:08:00 AM (view original):
You guys are either super bored or super stupid.     Which is it?
Same as you.
4/23/2013 11:20 AM
"You could very well be attracted to the same sex and still have romantic and/or sexual encounters with someone of the opposite sex. Now what are you?"

I'm heterosexual, since I'm a male attracted to women.

You'd make a lot of money selling a dictionary with the correct definitions of words.  When does that come out?
4/23/2013 11:22 AM
You see how that's not the same right? Sexuality vs being the pope, et al?

I'm just applying your reasoning to other situations to demonstrate to you that it isn't logical. You see that right? No, I didn't think so.

Go back to living in your own head where you can be whatever you want to be.

So you're heterosexual because you say so, even if you were to have a sexual encounter with a man? You know, because you are whatever the hell you say, no matter what you do?

I wonder what's going to happen when the criminals in jail get wind of this new development where you are what you say you are. Maybe I should be afraid, because I think a lot of them will say they are innocent and should be set free, and that means its true since that's what they say. You are whatever you say you are, after all.

4/23/2013 11:26 AM
Definition of criminal - someone who commits a crime.

Definition of homosexual - someone who is attracted to member of the same sex.

Definition of apple - usually round, edible red fruit of the tree malus sylvestris.

Definition of duck - any of numerous wild or domesticated web-footed swimming birds.

Do all definitions have to be similar to each other?  Since you're writing the dictionary and all.
4/23/2013 11:34 AM
Posted by bistiza on 4/23/2013 11:26:00 AM (view original):
You see how that's not the same right? Sexuality vs being the pope, et al?

I'm just applying your reasoning to other situations to demonstrate to you that it isn't logical. You see that right? No, I didn't think so.

Go back to living in your own head where you can be whatever you want to be.

So you're heterosexual because you say so, even if you were to have a sexual encounter with a man? You know, because you are whatever the hell you say, no matter what you do?

I wonder what's going to happen when the criminals in jail get wind of this new development where you are what you say you are. Maybe I should be afraid, because I think a lot of them will say they are innocent and should be set free, and that means its true since that's what they say. You are whatever you say you are, after all.

Oh. I get it now. Your limited brain function doesn't allow you to see that not all situations are the same.

Your job and/or your time in prison are determined by external actions and circumstances, along with the actions and opinions of others. Your sexuality, on the other hand, can only be determined by you because it isn't the same as a job or a crime.
4/23/2013 11:35 AM

So according to you, you have to take action to be a criminal, but you don't have to take any action to be a homosexual. There is no consistent or logical reason behind why this is the case, it just is because you say so, or propaganda says so, or a group of people agree it should be so, or some other logical fallacy.

I challenge you to give me one LOGICAL (not a fallacy) reason to back up this contradiction, because I know there is none.
Oh. I get it now. Your limited brain function doesn't allow you to see that not all situations are the same.
No. My proper application of logic says action determines what you are, and you can't change the rules and say "you are whatever you want to be" just because it fits your agenda.
Your job and/or your time in prison are determined by external actions and circumstances, along with the actions and opinions of others. Your sexuality, on the other hand, can only be determined by you because it isn't the same as a job or a crime.
Why isn't it the same? Because you say so? Because propaganda says so? Because someone else says so? Because a group of people agree with you? Because in your head you think it should be so?

Those are all you've given as reasons so far. You can't come up with a single logical reason why sexuality is different. If you could have, you'd have done it by now, but feel free to try again so I can smack you over the head with whatever illogical crap you try to come up with next.

4/23/2013 11:45 AM
"Definition of criminal - someone who commits a crime.

So according to you..."

According to me, they are 2 different definitions that have nothing to do with each other.  Like ducks and apples.
4/23/2013 11:47 AM
Why do you have so much resistance to the common definition of the word "homosexual?"
4/23/2013 11:51 AM
According to me, they are 2 different definitions that have nothing to do with each other.  Like ducks and apples.

That's fine, but realize logic says otherwise.

People are defined by what they do - the actions they take - in almost every way, and yet you want to change the rules for sexuality because it fits your agenda. Gotcha.
4/23/2013 11:52 AM
Posted by bistiza on 4/23/2013 11:45:00 AM (view original):

So according to you, you have to take action to be a criminal, but you don't have to take any action to be a homosexual. There is no consistent or logical reason behind why this is the case, it just is because you say so, or propaganda says so, or a group of people agree it should be so, or some other logical fallacy.

I challenge you to give me one LOGICAL (not a fallacy) reason to back up this contradiction, because I know there is none.
No. My proper application of logic says action determines what you are, and you can't change the rules and say "you are whatever you want to be" just because it fits your agenda.
Why isn't it the same? Because you say so? Because propaganda says so? Because someone else says so? Because a group of people agree with you? Because in your head you think it should be so?

Those are all you've given as reasons so far. You can't come up with a single logical reason why sexuality is different. If you could have, you'd have done it by now, but feel free to try again so I can smack you over the head with whatever illogical crap you try to come up with next.

My favorite color is blue. My truck is grey. The walls on the outside of my house are cream colored. The walls on the inside of my house are white and green. Other than jeans, I own just a couple of pieces of clothes that are blue- a suit that I never wear and 2 T-shirts that I wear to the gym. Most of my clothes are black, white, or grey.

All of my choices indicate that I like colors other than blue, yet blue is my favorite color. Why? Because I say it is.

I can't say that I'm the pope or batman, but I can say that blue is my favorite color and that I'm straight, and those determinations don't require outside validation to be true.
4/23/2013 12:00 PM
Posted by burnsy483 on 4/23/2013 11:20:00 AM (view original):
Same as you.
I left this thread a week ago.   I stopped exchanging with biz 4-5 months ago.

I'm not sure you understand the meaning of "same".
4/23/2013 12:05 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 4/23/2013 12:05:00 PM (view original):
Same as you.

True. Mike's never gotten carried away in a ridiculous argument before.
4/23/2013 12:11 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 4/23/2013 12:05:00 PM (view original):
Same as you.

I do.  But biz might have a different definition.
4/23/2013 12:16 PM
Posted by bistiza on 4/23/2013 11:52:00 AM (view original):

That's fine, but realize logic says otherwise.

People are defined by what they do - the actions they take - in almost every way, and yet you want to change the rules for sexuality because it fits your agenda. Gotcha.
Right, I prefer chicken parm to eggplant parm.  If i eat eggplant parm, it doesn't necessarily mean I like it or prefer it to chicken parm.

Have you ever eaten a food you didn't like?  Did eating it mean that you now like it?

What other words in the dictionary do you think are wrong?

EDIT: I just realized you think I have an agenda.  What is my agenda, exactly? Do we have the same definition of agenda?

4/23/2013 12:20 PM (edited)
Since, according to bis, your actions define you more than anything else . . . .

If somebody is 5''6", 350 lbs, and they shop at the "Big and Tall" store for their clothing, does that mean they are tall?
4/23/2013 12:19 PM
◂ Prev 1...87|88|89|90|91...358 Next ▸
DOMA & Prop 8 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.