DOMA & Prop 8 Topic

So you have no point? I'm going to start calling you bis-lite. All of the idiot trolling packed into posts significantly shorter than a doctoral thesis.

Funny how according to you, everyone who whips your *** in a debate is some kind of troll.
Holy ****, I don't have an agenda.

You believe sexuality isn't a choice. There are two types of people who believe that way - those whose agenda it benefits and those who have been influenced by propaganda because they are foolish enough to allow that.

So if what you say here is true, you're a fool who can't see critically enough to get past buying into lies based on propaganda.
I base that opinion on my own personal experience.
This is the root of the problem with several of you, including burnsy and badluck (and as someone suggested, those two may well be one in the same).

You can't see anything but your own perspective, and that is your downfall when it comes to arguing virtually anything.

As MikeT23 asked, is it possible your personal expereince does not apply to every other human being on earth?

5/1/2013 2:49 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 5/1/2013 2:46:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 5/1/2013 2:41:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 5/1/2013 2:40:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 5/1/2013 2:38:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 5/1/2013 2:36:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 5/1/2013 2:34:00 PM (view original):
First, I'm not saying sexual attraction should be controlled.

Second, I think a lot of things can be controlled but we, as a people, choose not to.  Behavior can be changed.   So the real question is "Can the inner workings that control that behavior be changed?"   I think so.   Clockwork Orange-type ****.
So you have no point? I'm going to start calling you bis-lite. All of the idiot trolling packed into posts significantly shorter than a doctoral thesis.
You don't like my point.

You say "sexual attraction cannot be controlled" without any basis for your belief.    I think it can.   Pavlov's dog, if nothing else. 
I base that opinion on my own personal experience.

When did you experience a change in gender preference?
Is it possible that your personal experience does not apply to every other human being on earth?
Sure. That's possible. But based on my experience, I'd say that it's more likely that sexual attraction is not a choice. What experience do you have that leads you to believe the opposite, bis-lite?
You know the story behind Pavlov's dog, right?   Do you think that was controlled conditioning?

Clockwork Orange was extreme aversion therapy.    Do you think that extreme discomfort when aroused by the same sex would work?
5/1/2013 2:56 PM
And, before I'm called HitlerT23 or something, I'm not saying that's what should be tried.   I'm not biz, after all.   I'm just saying let's not use "uncontrollable" so freely.
5/1/2013 3:00 PM
Once again, you really don't want to express an opinion on one side or the other, do you?

I don't know if extreme aversion therapy would change anything or just force the person to suppress feelings to end the discomfort.

It's really irrelevant to the marriage question. We aren't forcing gays to undergo aversion therapy.
5/1/2013 3:00 PM
Well, to go full circle, one of the reasons given for denying SSM was that homosexuality is a choice.   You've agreed, in some cases, that it could be.   That simply changes the dynamic of your argument. 

And it's not that I don't want to express an opinion on gay marriage as I really don't have one.    I've just enjoyed shitting all over your arguments for the last 24 hours or so. 
5/1/2013 3:03 PM
Just because sexual preference might change doesn't mean it's a choice.
5/1/2013 3:06 PM
And, before I'm called HitlerT23 or something, I'm not saying that's what should be tried.   I'm not biz, after all.   I'm just saying let's not use "uncontrollable" so freely.

I would never suggest trying to put people through extreme discomfort to control them, and you shouldn't be saying I would.

And it's clear you aren't me. While you and I have both gotten the best of bad_luck on a regular basis, including in this thread, the similarities largely end there.

I argue things I truly believe and defend them so well it routinely gets people's panties in a bunch because they disagree but can't articulate an effective argument against me.

By contrast, you get people's panties in a bunch by arguing from devil's advocate points of view you don't truly believe in, and half the time you can't even argue those right.
5/1/2013 3:06 PM

Yes, because people change their minds all the time on things that aren't choices. LOL
5/1/2013 3:07 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 5/1/2013 3:06:00 PM (view original):
But it could be, right?
5/1/2013 3:08 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 5/1/2013 3:08:00 PM (view original):
But it could be, right?
I doubt it. Do you have reason to believe sexual preference is a choice?
5/1/2013 3:11 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 5/1/2013 3:11:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 5/1/2013 3:08:00 PM (view original):
But it could be, right?
I guess I could go back 8-10 pages and find the post where you agreed that asexuals could exist and, based on any number of factors, choose a gay/straight life at some point.  But I won't.    We know it's there.    Have you waffled again?
5/1/2013 3:19 PM

Yes. Everyone has some level of attraction (big or small) to both genders (even if they deny it). You pick what attraction you want to respond to, even if you argue that all you respond to is attraction.

5/1/2013 3:22 PM
Sure they could choose to live a gay or straight life, but does that mean that their attraction has changed? And if it did, was the changing attraction their choice?

Still waiting for you to give some sort of evidence/personal story of sexual attraction being a choice.
5/1/2013 3:22 PM

You're married, right?  Attracted to women only, right?   Do you look at every woman you see and think "Yep, I'd **** her" or "They don't sell enough beer"?

5/1/2013 3:26 PM
Sure they could choose to live a gay or straight life, but does that mean that their attraction has changed? And if it did, was the changing attraction their choice?

The attraction COULD have changed, and if it did, it COULD have been by choice (I use could because it doesn't have to be that way but it can be).

5/1/2013 3:28 PM
◂ Prev 1...117|118|119|120|121...358 Next ▸
DOMA & Prop 8 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.