DOMA & Prop 8 Topic

6/10/2013 1:50 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 6/10/2013 1:46:00 PM (view original):
One can argue that homosexuality, by definition, does nothing to further the forward evolutionary development of the human species.

In that aspect, with respect to evolution, it's not a positive trait.
Is it a genetic trait?
6/10/2013 1:53 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 6/10/2013 1:53:00 PM (view original):
One can argue that homosexuality, by definition, does nothing to further the forward evolutionary development of the human species.

Is it a genetic trait?
Dumbass.

How do homosexual couples procreate?
6/10/2013 1:55 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 6/10/2013 1:55:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 6/10/2013 1:53:00 PM (view original):

Is it a genetic trait?
Dumbass.

How do homosexual couples procreate?
You said, "with respect to evolution, it isn't a positive trait."

Usually, in that context, you'd be talking about a genetic trait. Plenty of gay people get married to someone of the opposite sex and have kids. I'm asking if you think homosexuality is a genetic trait.
6/10/2013 1:59 PM
How does evolution occur without procreation?

More to the point: how would Lance and Chuck have their own natural, genetic "love-child"?
6/10/2013 2:05 PM
6/10/2013 2:06 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 6/10/2013 2:05:00 PM (view original):
How does evolution occur without procreation?

More to the point: how would Lance and Chuck have their own natural, genetic "love-child"?
Do you think homosexuality is a genetic trait? This isn't a gotcha question. I don't know. I don't think science knows.
6/10/2013 2:10 PM
I don't know.  I'm not a geneticist.

Can homosexuals procreate with each other?

Is the inability to procreate a positive or negative trait with respect to evolution?
6/10/2013 2:13 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 6/10/2013 2:13:00 PM (view original):

Is the inability to procreate a positive or negative trait with respect to evolution?
No, two homosexuals cannot procreate. I guess my response to that is, so what? We agree that homosexuality isn't a choice so either society says, "be happy and maybe adopt if you think you'll be a good parent." Or "shame on you for being gay, suppress your feelings and find a wife to procreate with." Either way, gays aren't going away.
6/10/2013 2:17 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 6/10/2013 2:17:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tecwrg on 6/10/2013 2:13:00 PM (view original):

No, two homosexuals cannot procreate. I guess my response to that is, so what? We agree that homosexuality isn't a choice so either society says, "be happy and maybe adopt if you think you'll be a good parent." Or "shame on you for being gay, suppress your feelings and find a wife to procreate with." Either way, gays aren't going away.
Is the inability to procreate a positive or a negative trait with respect to evolution?
6/10/2013 2:20 PM
I think you're confusing the issue. Individual homosexuals aren't unable to procreate. They usually choose not to. This is no different than a straight person who chooses not to have kids. It's evolution neutral.
6/10/2013 2:27 PM
I'm not confusing the issue.  You're just reluctant and refusing to answer the question.
6/10/2013 2:35 PM
I answered. It's evolution neutral. Someone is, for whatever reason, choosing not to procreate.
6/10/2013 2:36 PM
Here's an example of something that is a negative trait with regards to evolution: waiting until your 30s to have kids. Birth defect rates increase dramatically.

But we don't make moral judgements of people who wait. Why? Because we aren't really worried about what minuscule impact we might make on the human race regarding evolution.
6/10/2013 2:42 PM
So homosexuality is ok and your problem is with the idea that it isn't a choice?
I have to repeat myself because of people like you, but here you go:

My problem is with those who knowingly and deliberately lie to forward an agenda, and to a lesser extent, with the people who are stupid enough to believe those lies.
We agree that homosexuality isn't a choice

There are two groups of people who think sexuality (and homosexuality is part of that) isn't a choice:

1. Those who honestly believe it because its what they've been told, which makes them fools for not being able to think critically enough to see how wrong they are;

2. People who know they're wrong but lie and perpetuate it anyway because it fits their agenda, which makes them, well, liars and con artists who try to manipulate others and the public.

So if you think sexuality doesn't involve choices, you're either a fool or a liar and a charlatan - pick one.
6/10/2013 3:04 PM
◂ Prev 1...175|176|177|178|179...358 Next ▸
DOMA & Prop 8 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.