DOMA & Prop 8 Topic

No, it would be as bad as everyone choosing not to have kids. It would be worse than everyone waiting until their thirties to have kids.

Is your point that homosexuality is not ok because if everyone did it, it would be bad for the human race?
6/10/2013 6:12 PM (edited)
Do you think that would be good for the human race?
6/10/2013 5:37 PM
You've taken a hard left turn into Bistizaville.  Now, population: 2.

Are you implying that people waiting until their 30's to have children is somehow going to doom the human race?  That it would somehow be more harmful than the entire human race becoming exclusively homosexual, not procreating, and becoming extinct within the next 75-100 years?

Please explain this fascinating new theory to us.

My point is that, with respect to evolution and progression of the human race, homosexuality is not a desirable trait because it negatively impacts procreation.  Procreating being a vital component of evolution.
6/10/2013 5:37 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 6/10/2013 5:37:00 PM (view original):
You've taken a hard left turn into Bistizaville.  Now, population: 2.

Are you implying that people waiting until their 30's to have children is somehow going to doom the human race?  That it would somehow be more harmful than the entire human race becoming exclusively homosexual, not procreating, and becoming extinct within the next 75-100 years?

Please explain this fascinating new theory to us.

My point is that, with respect to evolution and progression of the human race, homosexuality is not a desirable trait because it negatively impacts procreation.  Procreating being a vital component of evolution.
Of course it wouldn't be as bad, but it would be bad. And, according to you that's the criteria for...well I'm not sure exactly. I asked bis if he thought homosexuality was ok and you brought up the evolutionary point. I can assume you're arguing that hosexuality isn't ok because if everyone did it, it would negatively impact evolution.

If everyone waited until their thirties to have kids, it would also negatively impact evolution

But who cares? Everyone isn't gay and everyone isn't waiting until their thirties to have kids.

So what's your point?
6/10/2013 6:11 PM
My point is that homosexuality is not a desirable trait with respect to advancing the human race through evolution.  It works against procreation, which is one part of the foundation of evolution.

Maybe you don't understand how evolution works (?). 

Did I really need to say that, you couldn't discern this yourself from my comments?
6/10/2013 6:43 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 6/10/2013 6:43:00 PM (view original):
My point is that homosexuality is not a desirable trait with respect to advancing the human race through evolution.  It works against procreation, which is one part of the foundation of evolution.

Maybe you don't understand how evolution works (?). 

Did I really need to say that, you couldn't discern this yourself from my comments?
Ok. So what? We've agreed that homosexuality isn't a choice. What do you suggest we do about the fact that a small percentage of the population will not reproduce?
6/10/2013 7:27 PM
I'm not suggesting anything.  I'm just pointing out a fact about homosexuality in regards to why people might not agree with your statement at the bottom of p176 that "homosexuality is OK".

Apparently, it took three pages to make you understand that.  And I'm still not sure you do.
6/10/2013 7:53 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 6/10/2013 7:53:00 PM (view original):
I'm not suggesting anything.  I'm just pointing out a fact about homosexuality in regards to why people might not agree with your statement at the bottom of p176 that "homosexuality is OK".

Apparently, it took three pages to make you understand that.  And I'm still not sure you do.
But that same fact applies to a lot of people - anyone who chooses not to have kids and anyone who waits until their thirties to have kids are two examples.

No one would argue that those choices aren't ok. And homosexuality isn't a choice.

People who disagree that homosexuality is ok based on the reasoning you supply (OMG it could wreck evolution!!!!) are probably stupid and deserve to be ignored.
6/10/2013 8:26 PM
There are lots of reasons why people may personally decide that homosexuality is wrong.  The reason I provided is just one of them.

And I'd really like to see you expound on your claim that people who wait until their 30's to have kids is somehow a problem.
6/10/2013 8:46 PM
Lots of reasons?  The only one I can think of is the bible...though I could just be short sighted here.  I've grown up around gay people my entire life, including one of my best friends being raised by two day dudes.
6/10/2013 9:01 PM
I should say religion in general there. just saying the bible is not really right.
6/10/2013 9:01 PM
Not all people agree.
6/10/2013 9:06 PM
No they don't, but I wonder how many of the people that are totally against homosexuality are against it because of religion.  My guess is 100 percent because it's the root of the hatred of it.  I can't think of any other reason why people would even question it.
6/10/2013 9:08 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 6/10/2013 8:46:00 PM (view original):
There are lots of reasons why people may personally decide that homosexuality is wrong.  The reason I provided is just one of them.

And I'd really like to see you expound on your claim that people who wait until their 30's to have kids is somehow a problem.
Waiting until you are past 30 to have kids increases the rate of birth defects. If everyone waited until they were over 30 to have kids, the evolution of the human race would suffer.

Like being gay, waiting to have kids is still ok because everyone isn't going to do it and it won't impact the human race as a whole.
6/10/2013 9:10 PM
It is one of the reasons my wife and I have decided not to have a baby.  After looking extensively into it, the dangers are real.  We are both 44.  We started thinking about it at 40.  After consulting with doctors we decided against it.  I just woudn't have the patience or energy to deal with a special needs kid. 
6/10/2013 9:13 PM
◂ Prev 1...177|178|179|180|181...358 Next ▸
DOMA & Prop 8 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.