DOMA & Prop 8 Topic

Posted by MikeT23 on 6/20/2013 5:21:00 PM (view original):
"I'm leaving your club."
"Sorry, the rules says you can't."
"So what?   I'm not part of your club anymore.  The rules don't apply."

The only place on Earth that this matters is the Mafia.  The seceding states in the 1860s didn't care what the US Constitution or President or courts said.
What is your point?
6/20/2013 5:31 PM
Point A)  You're a ******* idiot with the retention capabilities of an ADD-addled 3 y/o
Point B)  The states that seceded in the 1860s didn't care if it was legal
Point C)  Just because a state does something, like allowing SSM, doesn't mean the Feds have to recognize it
6/20/2013 5:36 PM
C) they will when DOMA gets tossed. That's the way it works. Your entire argument goes to **** in seven days.

Hearing you argue that it was legal for the states to secede made this 4 page side argument/circle jerk totally worth it.
6/20/2013 5:39 PM

Please quote the post where I said it was legal, dipshit.

6/20/2013 5:42 PM
Is it safe to assume that post doesn't exist, dumbass?   Because, if it did, I know you'd have quoted by now.

******* idiot. 

But now I know why this thread won't die.  You can't understand or remember anything, you simple-minded ****.
6/20/2013 5:49 PM
Oh, I love this. Lets go through it point by point:

Mike: It's unprecedented to allow gay marriage.
Me: 11 states do it now. Not unprecedented.
Mike: Sometimes states do stupid **** and the feds have to correct them. Like secession.
Me: Well, ok, but secession wasn't legal for the states. Regulating marriage is.
MIke: Brown hair don't care.
Me: Um, secession was illegal. Regulating marriage isn't. What's your point?
Mike: Feds don't have to recognize gay marriage.
Me: But they will, once DOMA is gone.
Mike: BLAH BLAH BLAH FINGERS IN MY EARS
6/20/2013 6:00 PM
Quote the post, you dumb ****.

If you can't understand things, that's on you.   No one else.  Just you.

Quote the post.
6/20/2013 6:02 PM
Should I wait here or will you just make things up to cover your dumbassery?
6/20/2013 6:03 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 6/20/2013 3:39:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 6/20/2013 2:52:00 PM (view original):
Several states seceded back in the day.   We saw how that worked out.   The Feds said "No thank you" with force.   Think those 11 states will take up arms to defend their gay marriage?
Seceding wasn't legal. Setting marriage law is a power reserved for the states.

Again, a high school level government class would prevent you from embarrassing yourself like this again.
You should have just listened to me here.
6/20/2013 6:03 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 6/20/2013 6:02:00 PM (view original):

Quote the post.
You never specifically said it was legal. OK, wow, you win??? You still haven't made a point. Unless your point was, "something happened 150 years ago that has exactly zero bearing on anything we are talking about today. So there." 
6/20/2013 6:05 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 6/20/2013 3:50:00 PM (view original):
Will you tell me about the time the Civil War was fought in a courtroom because seceding was illegal?
You were sort of implying that seceding was legal here.

Still not seeing your point.
6/20/2013 6:06 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 6/20/2013 3:54:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 6/20/2013 3:50:00 PM (view original):
Will you tell me about the time the Civil War was fought in a courtroom because seceding was illegal?
You do realize that the seceding issue was settled with war because there wasn't a legal way to do it, right?
And then I said this.

6/20/2013 6:06 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 6/20/2013 4:03:00 PM (view original):
Are you looking up "Civil War" on Wikipedia now?  I hope so.   You'll look a lot less stupid with your "legal" bullshit if you do.
And then you said this.

And then I actually took a second to look, just to make sure I wasn't missing something.

I wasn't.
6/20/2013 6:07 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 6/20/2013 4:21:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 6/20/2013 4:14:00 PM (view original):
Did you even read the thread BEFORE you posted?

BL was claiming 11 states legalized gay marriage.  I pointed out that the Feds don't recognize it.   That sometimes states do dumb ****(like secede).   And the Feds "correct" the problem.  

How ******* stupid are you?  
Yikes. Again...a basic government class would do you some good.

The states have the power to regulate marriage, not the feds. The feds can't "correct" this, which is why DOMA is going to be tossed next week.

In the 1800's the states didn't have any legal basis for secession (like they do regarding their marriage laws) so they had to go to war to attempt it. Had it been legal, they would have done it without war.

and, LOL again. Secession isn't legal:

the court further held that the Constitution did not permit states to unilaterally secede from the United States, and that the ordinances of secession, and all the acts of the legislatures within seceding states intended to give effect to such ordinances, were "absolutely null".
Your quote within my post is the closest thing you had to a point.

It's completely irrelevant today since no one is going to war over gay marriage. DOMA will get tossed and states will maintain control over marriage laws.

And, full circle, gay marriage isn't unprecedented since 11 states allow it.
6/20/2013 6:10 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 6/20/2013 6:05:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 6/20/2013 6:02:00 PM (view original):

Quote the post.
You never specifically said it was legal. OK, wow, you win??? You still haven't made a point. Unless your point was, "something happened 150 years ago that has exactly zero bearing on anything we are talking about today. So there." 
Yeah, that's how I recalled it.  You ran with something you made up in your tiny little head.

My point was, and still is, just because a state does something, the Feds don't have to recognize it. 

Put 1 and 1 together, you ******* rocket surgeon.
6/20/2013 6:19 PM
◂ Prev 1...221|222|223|224|225...358 Next ▸
DOMA & Prop 8 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.