DOMA & Prop 8 Topic

I've been waiting 3 months for someone to give a potential bad effect.  "Opens the door to..." and "It's against my religion" and "That's not the way it's been done" are poor reasons.
7/8/2013 3:48 PM
And the reasons to allow it have been "Makes people happy", "More personal freedom" and "Doesn't affect anyone else".   Pretty poor reasons also. 
7/8/2013 3:49 PM
equality?
7/8/2013 3:51 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 7/8/2013 3:49:00 PM (view original):
And the reasons to allow it have been "Makes people happy", "More personal freedom" and "Doesn't affect anyone else".   Pretty poor reasons also. 
I think those are great reasons to allow it. All three are true. Is there a reason it shouldn't be allowed?
7/8/2013 3:52 PM
We've already determined "Doesn't affect anyone else" is incorrect.   Last page, remember?
We've already determined "More personal freedom" isn't always a good thing.  Many pages ago, remember?
We've already determined "Makes people happy" is dangerous because what makes people happy is a widely varied statement.  Many pages ago also, remember? 
7/8/2013 3:57 PM
Who does it affect?
How is more personal freedom bad (with regard to gay marriage)?
How is making people happy bad (again, with regard to gay marriage)?
7/8/2013 4:05 PM (edited)
Posted by MikeT23 on 7/8/2013 12:29:00 PM (view original):
I think what is most disturbing is the claim of "doesn't affect anybody but them".    We live in a society.    Chaos Theory(or Butterfly Effect is you're more familiar with that) would suggest that slight changes can have an effect on everything that happens in the future.   If that doesn't really work for you perhaps you're more familiar with "For every action, there is a reaction".    Hell, even go with Nature vs. Nurture if that floats your boat.   All of them suggest that a change could have far-reaching effects in the future. 

Start here and read the last few pages. 

7/8/2013 4:05 PM
Yeah, it doesn't affect anyone. We should allow it. We also allow people to jerk off. Your point fell flat.
7/8/2013 4:08 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 7/8/2013 4:05:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 7/8/2013 12:29:00 PM (view original):
I think what is most disturbing is the claim of "doesn't affect anybody but them".    We live in a society.    Chaos Theory(or Butterfly Effect is you're more familiar with that) would suggest that slight changes can have an effect on everything that happens in the future.   If that doesn't really work for you perhaps you're more familiar with "For every action, there is a reaction".    Hell, even go with Nature vs. Nurture if that floats your boat.   All of them suggest that a change could have far-reaching effects in the future. 

Start here and read the last few pages. 

I'm going to drive my car home today.  Reasons I shouldn't do that - emissions into the atmosphere, I may get into a car accident and hurt someone else, I'll be burning gas, thus speeding up the time I'll need to spend money on gas again.  And thus I have less cash to spend on other things to help our economy.

SSM - reasons we shouldn't do that...

It makes more sense for me to walk home than ban same sex marriage.
7/8/2013 4:10 PM
Burns, mike's not even bothering to log in as bistiza before going full retard on us. It's probably time to ignore the troll.
7/8/2013 4:25 PM
Yeah, if you live in society, a change in the laws of society affect you.  Too bad you're too stupid to realize this.

As for "happy people" and "personal freedom" why does on only relate to SSM?     Is SSM the only thing out there that could possibly make more people happy and grant more personal freedoms?
7/8/2013 5:37 PM
I started typing a response that I realized I've typed many times before (or something close to it) and I've decided I'm tired of this....I'm done.  I tap out.  For real, now.  
7/8/2013 5:56 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 7/8/2013 5:37:00 PM (view original):
Yeah, if you live in society, a change in the laws of society affect you.  Too bad you're too stupid to realize this.

As for "happy people" and "personal freedom" why does on only relate to SSM?     Is SSM the only thing out there that could possibly make more people happy and grant more personal freedoms?
And how does allowing gay marriage negatively affect anyone?
7/8/2013 6:18 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 7/8/2013 2:26:00 PM (view original):
So what?    My point it "It doesn't affect anyone" is stupid.    We live in a society where rules, actions, guidelines, reactions, boundaries, behaviors, etc, etc. has an effect on said society. 
Start here and read the next few pages.
7/8/2013 8:59 PM
Exactly. What's the negative effect of allowing gay marriage?

You can't answer because there isn't one.
7/8/2013 9:23 PM
◂ Prev 1...275|276|277|278|279...358 Next ▸
DOMA & Prop 8 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.