DOMA & Prop 8 Topic

Posted by greeny9 on 7/14/2013 3:02:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tecwrg on 7/13/2013 1:48:00 PM (view original):
Is that any different from those who feel that their "new" views or opinions are somehow "better" for society, and insist that the world change to fit their new views?  And whoever is reluctant or unwilling to jump on the bandwagon must be ostracized?
society is better when people have the right to do things that they want to do when what they want to do does not directly hurt others, especially when they simply want to do things that are legal for the majority of the population.  Or is society better when its unchanging and rigid?  Society changes, and our institutions should be able to change with them.
Shooting black tar heroin doesn't directly hurt anyone else.   I don't think BTH users are good for society. 
7/15/2013 10:18 AM
of course any normal person that doesn't think this is a "Christian nation" knows that marriage is a union between 2 adults..what I don't underastand is why gay people want same sex marriage..straight people have been complaining about same sex marriage for years.
7/15/2013 10:29 AM
See dino its just that no one is allowed to say anything that might offend anyone anymore, EVER, doesn't mater what you really think you can't say it. free speech you say? Only if you don't offend anyone, cause if you do youre in trouble. also you can't ever say anything bad about black ppl or its automatically racist, same with gays its automatically homephobic. never mind black ppl and gays can say anything they want about white ppl and straights. its a ****ed up world we live in man.
7/15/2013 11:05 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 7/15/2013 10:18:00 AM (view original):
Is that any different from those who feel that their "new" views or opinions are somehow "better" for society, and insist that the world change to fit their new views?  And whoever is reluctant or unwilling to jump on the bandwagon must be ostracized?
society is better when people have the right to do things that they want to do when what they want to do does not directly hurt others, especially when they simply want to do things that are legal for the majority of the population.  Or is society better when its unchanging and rigid?  Society changes, and our institutions should be able to change with them.
Shooting black tar heroin doesn't directly hurt anyone else.   I don't think BTH users are good for society. 
Allowing gay marriage isn't bad for society.
7/15/2013 11:23 AM
Because you say so.  You forgot to say that.
7/15/2013 11:51 AM
Posted by tecwrg on 7/15/2013 11:51:00 AM (view original):
Because you say so.  You forgot to say that.
Do you think it's bad for society?
7/15/2013 11:53 AM
3 1/2 months, and 301 pages into this thread, and you are still asking the same question.

What do you think?  Do you think that I think it's bad for society?
7/15/2013 12:01 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 7/15/2013 12:01:00 PM (view original):
3 1/2 months, and 301 pages into this thread, and you are still asking the same question.

What do you think?  Do you think that I think it's bad for society?
Hmmm, funny that when I refuse to answer your question, you ask it repeatedly but then get confused when I ask a question again after you have refused to answer it for 300 pages.
7/15/2013 12:17 PM
Is it good for society?
7/15/2013 1:05 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 7/15/2013 1:05:00 PM (view original):
Is it good for society?
Is it bad for society?
7/15/2013 1:25 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 7/15/2013 1:25:00 PM (view original):
Is it good for society?
Is it bad for society?

Is that your final answer?

7/15/2013 1:29 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 7/15/2013 1:29:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 7/15/2013 1:25:00 PM (view original):
Is it good for society?
Is it bad for society?

Is that your final answer?

Did you sleep in on Sunday?
7/15/2013 1:35 PM
Posted by bistiza on 7/15/2013 9:03:00 AM (view original):
I said one could argue you're implying you're a homophobe. Not that you said you were.
No, what you actually said was this:
By your logic, you would be a homophobe.
You didn't say anything about implying.
If I said those things it would be reasonable to infer that I was racist.
I don't think that's a reasonable inference at all. In fact, it is ridiculously short sighted.

Not everyone  is a racist just because they offer an opinion against the politically correct way of doing things where race is involved.
In the same way that it is reasonable to infer that you don't like gay people or that mike is developmentally challenged.
Your first statements weren't reasonable inferences to begin with, and now you're jumping off the deep end of completely ridiculous. Maybe you should stick to reading what someone says and not inferring anything.
I wonder how many people who are against SSM are also right to lifers?  Conversely I wonder how many people who are for SSM are pro-choice?  Probably a heck of a lot of over lap there.  I guess some people are just into controlling others.
I would suggest very few people are "into controlling others". Those who are pro-life or anti-SSM are merely defending their personal beliefs, the same as those who are of the opposite point of view.

Try to think of it from the perspective of the other side. I think of it like this: Are you against murder? I would guess you are. Well, many "pro-life" advocates think abortion is the same as murder. To them, wanting abortion to be illegal isn't any more of an attempt to "control others" than wanting murder to be illegal - it's just a logical decision. Would you argue that those who want murder to be illegal are trying to "control others"? Probably not.
The difference is, by withholding SSM, we're controlling how others live their lives. By allowing SSM, nobody is controlling how you live your life.

By withholding marriage to a bridge or a tree, you're controlling how others live their lives.
society is better when people have the right to do things that they want to do when what they want to do does not directly hurt others, especially when they simply want to do things that are legal for the majority of the population.

Drinking is legal for the majority of the population. So is smoking. Should we lift the age restrictions and let children freely purchase those products as well?
Society changes, and our institutions should be able to change with them.

Yes, and I think we should also let people marry a bridge or a tree. Where are your advocates for that? Oh, right, they don't exist because they only care about the homosexual agenda.
Pro life is a bit murkier then SSM.  If you believe abortion is the same thing as murder then you have a stronger arguement no doubt then a person against SSM.  But to not allow SSM is no doubt controlling others.  A gay marriage doesnt directly hurt anybody else,  I cant believe you are comparing gay people to trees and bridges.  Do you not understand the difference between a sentient being and an inanimate object?  Saying that shows your ignorance or is it your arrogance?  drinking harms countless thousands every year, smoking harms countless millions.  apple and oranges.  
7/15/2013 1:48 PM
I think SSM is bad for society.  Children cannot be created from a homosexual relationship, and should not be adopted or reared within one because children with a both a mother and a father figure in their lives consistently are better off in life than those with the influence of just one gender. This is particularly startling in cases where the child's gender is the opposite of that of the only parental figure(s) they are exposed to.

While some research has shown there to be "no difference" between homosexual and heterosexual parents, that research has significant flaws that the homosexual agenda has conveniently overlooked.

Of course no matter what research is done on this matter, someone will question the methods behind it and claim it isn't valid. A 2011 study found children of same sex couples "fare worse socially, psychologically and physically than people raised in other family arrangements," but naturally the study was immediately criticized by members of the homosexual agenda.

7/15/2013 1:50 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 7/15/2013 10:18:00 AM (view original):
Really it doesnt?  How about the people that DUI?  Or the kids of addicts I guess they arent harmed.  Not to mention crack babies, I suppose they werent harmed or wronged?  Seriously guys, these are your best arguements?  This is like arguing with the mentally handicapped.  If you want to argue that gay marriage is on par with smoking crack or shooting heroin tell me precisely how is Mark and Frank marrying harming you personally?  In any situation at all how can their marriage possibly hurt you?  Ive given you a few REAL and undeniably harmful things that can and absolutely do happen with addicts and people who cross paths with them, please do the same.
7/15/2013 1:57 PM
◂ Prev 1...299|300|301|302|303...358 Next ▸
DOMA & Prop 8 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.