DOMA & Prop 8 Topic

You haven't. But you've given strong indications that you don't like gay people for whatever reason.
7/16/2013 10:26 AM
You have to let the gays do what they want or else you will get all kind of crap for it. I personally do not want gays to marry but online is the only place I will say it bc I don't want anyone hating on me for it and thats what they do. Heck I will prolly get hate from someone here for saying this. You can't say anything bad about gays or black ppl ever or you will be hated that is what I have learned.
7/16/2013 10:40 AM
it is such a pity that people in the sim community can be bigoted because they are so influenced by their bible..whether they mention it or not or skirt the issue this is just like the segregationists who used the bible as their source and crutch...the difference between the Islamic fundamentalists and our backward fundamentalists is that the islamists will kill you in the name of God and our fundamentalists are happy to have God take the souls of the non believers....sorry this is unpleasant but this is really the true bottom line.
7/16/2013 10:53 AM
So its okay for you to be bigoted, dino, but its not okay for others to be bigoted?

After all, you don't want to let people have their own religious beliefs unless you agree with them. You think its not okay for them to believe homosexuality is wrong because their Bible tells them so.

I have to ask: Why do you care? Let them believe whatever they want.

7/16/2013 10:58 AM
Posted by bad_luck on 7/16/2013 10:26:00 AM (view original):
You haven't. But you've given strong indications that you don't like gay people for whatever reason.

If you're reading "I don't like gay people" into what I've been saying in this forum for the past 3½ months, then you've got some serious issues with reading comprehension.

7/16/2013 11:02 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by The Taint on 7/16/2013 11:06:00 AM (view original):
Posted by tecwrg on 7/16/2013 11:02:00 AM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 7/16/2013 10:26:00 AM (view original):

If you're reading "I don't like gay people" into what I've been saying in this forum for the past 3½ months, then you've got some serious issues with reading comprehension.

I've never gotten from Tec that he doesn't like gay people.  He doesn't believe gay marriage should be called marriage.  I think it's been pretty spelled out by now.  It's incredible this thread is still going.
+1
7/16/2013 11:08 AM
Posted by bad_luck on 7/12/2013 5:11:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tecwrg on 7/12/2013 4:58:00 PM (view original):
Posted by burnsy483 on 7/12/2013 2:39:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tecwrg on 7/12/2013 2:24:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 7/12/2013 12:41:00 PM (view original):
I've answered every question you've asked.

The reason you can't give an answer is that there is no harm in allowing gay marriage. We know this because gay marriage is legal now in plenty of places and nothing bad has happened because of it.

What you should have said 290 pages ago is, "you're right, there is no harm, I just don't like gay people." The discussion would have stopped there.
When did I ever say or imply "I don't like gay people"?
Your insistence that marriage must be between man and woman, and to remain that way, because it was important to your belief system and tradition.
You arguing that SSM defeats the purpose of marriage.
Your insistence that children are raised better when a man and woman raising them.
You arguing that 2 members of the same sex and their child is not considered a family.
You arguing that homosexuals want gay marriage for the sake of "political correctness."

If I heard all of this information from one person, one could argue it implies that the person does not like gay people.
So if somebody has specific opinions on specific topics that run contrary to PC, he must be a hater?

Got it.  Good to know.  Thanks.

So let's all just bid adieu to independent thought, and let our minds be guided by liberal bloggers.
If I came on here and said that I don't think blacks should be allowed to marry whites because it violates my personal beliefs and traditions, that children are better off in homes where the parents are the same race, that interracial couples don't qualify as a real family in my mind, that interracial marriage is just another example of society caving in to pressure to be politically correct, would you consider me racist?
I think burnsy summed up a lot of your points here.
7/16/2013 11:14 AM
Does let them believe what they want include those who are Islamic Fundamentalists?

Absolutely. Everyone has the freedom to believe whatever they want in America, in case you somehow forgot.

People who do things to harm others are another story, whether they use religious beliefs to try to justify it or not.

Back to the main issue: Why are you trying to tell other people what religious beliefs they should have? You've got no right to do that.
7/16/2013 11:14 AM
of course, people have freedom to believe but they go over the line when they disrespect separation of religion and govt and try to hide this by using terms like values when it is really religion..this is what fundamentalists do here..elsewhere they use violence.
7/16/2013 1:39 PM
of course, people have freedom to believe but they go over the line when they disrespect separation of religion and govt

First of all, In more recent times we've gotten it backward from the perspective of the founding fathers.

The founding fathers meant to keep government out of the church, but NEVER intended to keep the church out of the government. In fact, the founding fathers and many high ranking government officials, including several Presidents, even attended church in the U.S. Capitol Building. The only reason they wanted the government and church to be separate is so the government wouldn't interfere in people's religious lives and beliefs.

However, they fully intended religion to have its place in government. You can find evidence of this in MANY places, including right on the money you spend, which is emblazoned to this day with "In God We Trust". Religion was supposed to be in government while government stayed out of religion, but now we have it backward.

Second, and MORE IMPORTANTLY, no one is asking the government to endorse a religious viewpoint, but rather to respect and honor the traditional and well-established method of marriage.
try to hide this by using terms like values when it is really religion.
Values are different than religion. They can be based on religion if one so chooses (and they have every right to base their values on whatever they want).
this is what fundamentalists do here..elsewhere they use violence.
So fundamentalists here have values? Great for them. I don't see why you should find this to be any sort of problem. At least they HAVE values - there are many people who apparently don't and they cause far more problems. Maybe you should preach out against those people instead.
7/16/2013 2:01 PM
who cares about founding fathers..thats another false rationalization..people cannot try to exert their religion on laws today and call it values to try and take away rights.
7/16/2013 2:14 PM
the founding fathers were not Gods.
7/16/2013 2:15 PM
if they had slaves should we have slaves?
7/16/2013 2:16 PM
◂ Prev 1...303|304|305|306|307...358 Next ▸
DOMA & Prop 8 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.