DOMA & Prop 8 Topic

LOL @ BL

shawn DID let the thread go and you revived it with your link. Okay, so that happened and he responded, and THEN you could quit yourself but you didn't and instead said "you don't have to reply". Never mind that the same could be said of you.

Ah, I knew coming back to this thread just to check on the posts would be entertaining, and I was not disappointed.

8/28/2013 10:11 AM
These ******* is persistent, talking about I'm distant Lost my mind a long time ago to find it, need forensics
8/28/2013 12:01 PM
Posted by shawnfucious on 8/27/2013 1:47:00 PM (view original):
Who cares let the f'n thread die you attention starved moron.
Based on the number of posts in the thread BEFORE you idiots let it devolve into name calling (stupid name calling - almost no form of "OCD" would cause the behaviors you're attributing to it, so your constant shouting of "OCD! OCD! just makes you sound like more and more of an idiot), I'd say it's pretty obvious that a lot of people care.  Based on a lot of other things, too.  But the evidence is literally right in front of you as you make the post that it's an issue people care about.
8/28/2013 1:05 PM
FWIW, I'm still ****** that Prop 8 was tossed, it was a total copout and I really hate this.  I'm in favor of gay marriage, but I'm even more in favor of democracy and the rights of the people.  The state shouldn't have allowed a referendum to be placed on the ballot if they weren't going to abide by the results.  Not that I'd like them to be able to even block ballot measures in the first place.  The more direct democracy we have, the better.
8/28/2013 1:07 PM
Wow this thread just keeps getting better and better.

First we've got BL and shawn engaged in a pizzing contest to see who can apparently accomplish random goals they only know about in their own heads.

Now we've got dahs coming in and dressing people down like the king of the WIS boards who has graced the rest of us with his presence in order to educate the plebeians who are all stupid and do not understand anything because only dahs' beautiful mind can understand any of these concepts.

I'm sure shawn gets that people care about the issue dahs. I'm guessing he just wants this thread to end and meant no one cares about BL's agenda to keep the thread going. I could be wrong, though, as that's just a guess on my part. Either way there was no need to talk down to him.

8/28/2013 1:14 PM
I DO agree with you on the idea of democracy, dahs. In fact, I think we should allow popular vote to determine more laws rather than allowing a few select people to make a law the majority of people disagree with. I'm not saying it should happen for all laws, as that would be pointless and overwhelming (too many laws overall and some can easily be agreed upon), but if there is a major law on an issue such as gay marriage, put it to the ballot and let the voters in a given area decide if they want the law or not, and then abide by it.

So if a majority of people in California think gay marriage should not occur there, that's the way it is unless a subsequent popular vote changes it. If people in Colorado think pot should be legal, same deal. We shouldn't simply make a unilateral decision against the majority position on the issue simply because a few people whine and complain about supposed rights, though.

8/28/2013 1:21 PM
Posted by dahsdebater on 8/28/2013 1:07:00 PM (view original):
FWIW, I'm still ****** that Prop 8 was tossed, it was a total copout and I really hate this.  I'm in favor of gay marriage, but I'm even more in favor of democracy and the rights of the people.  The state shouldn't have allowed a referendum to be placed on the ballot if they weren't going to abide by the results.  Not that I'd like them to be able to even block ballot measures in the first place.  The more direct democracy we have, the better.
But the state did abide by the results. Then the proposition was challenged in court. The state defended the law and lost and then decided that the smart decision was to not pursue an appeal.

I'm not sure direct democracy is really the best way to do things. What was it that Franklin said about two wolves and a lamb?
8/28/2013 1:24 PM
Posted by dahsdebater on 8/28/2013 1:05:00 PM (view original):
Posted by shawnfucious on 8/27/2013 1:47:00 PM (view original):
Who cares let the f'n thread die you attention starved moron.
Based on the number of posts in the thread BEFORE you idiots let it devolve into name calling (stupid name calling - almost no form of "OCD" would cause the behaviors you're attributing to it, so your constant shouting of "OCD! OCD! just makes you sound like more and more of an idiot), I'd say it's pretty obvious that a lot of people care.  Based on a lot of other things, too.  But the evidence is literally right in front of you as you make the post that it's an issue people care about.
who the **** do you think you are dr. f'n freud? telling me what OCD is like you some kind of expert. I don't care I'm just making fun of bad_luck but you have to act all high and mighty well no one asked you anyway *** hole.

ya lots of ppl care about gay marriage I'm one of them. I don't want it to happen, ever. I don't even want to know ppl are gay, and I sure as **** do not want to see them being gay in front of me. It makes me want to blow chunks, and if I actually do, I'll make sure to aim it right at them. Oh wait let me guess I'm not allowed to say that since its not PC, well **** that and **** any ppl who think I should have to be PC. I'll be me, you be you, and don't bother me with your PC horse ****.

8/28/2013 1:49 PM
But the state did abide by the results. Then the proposition was challenged in court. The state defended the law and lost and then decided that the smart decision was to not pursue an appeal.

The problem is there never should have been a challenge to the proposition in court. If the voters approve a measure the court shouldn't even be involved because the people have spoken.

That's one of the things that are wrong with the American system. It's all about what the people want in a vote unless someone in the minority wants to whine and complain because they didn't get their way and then go find some technicality or legal reason to involve someone who can overturn the will of the people so they get their way.
I'm not sure direct democracy is really the best way to do things. What was it that Franklin said about two wolves and a lamb?

Let's add another one: Idiocy is allowing a small group of well-armed lambs to tell all the other animals what they'll be eating.
8/28/2013 2:46 PM
ha dahsterbater not bother to respond good he should know I do not care what he thinks or where he gets off anyway. bis I thought you were against gay marriage unless I am mistaken so why are you in favor of this?
8/29/2013 10:16 AM
I'm not in favor of gay marriage because I think marriage laws are already equal, to wit: Everyone can already marry someone of the opposite gender.

Just because you choose to be gay doesn't stop you from having the same right to marry someone of the opposite gender if you were to choose to do that. Make no mistake, I believe your sexuality is absolutely a choice, because you choose who you are with in a romantic and/or sexual manner.

Sexuality will ALWAYS be a choice because it is intricately linked to who you choose to be with. So unless you are somehow not choosing who you are with romantically and/or sexually, sexuality IS a choice. That's a logical premise that NO ONE has ever successfully challenged in a logical manner, anywhere, much less on here (though BL and several others tried in vain for many posts in this thread, but they were honestly never even close to being successful).

Anyone who tells you sexuality isn't a choice is either shamelessly promoting the homosexual agenda through the use of lies and propaganda or a fool who actually believes those lies and propaganda. Neither is something anyone should be proud of, yet for some reason many of them are.

I'm sure I'll probably be bashed on here just for stating my opinion (and even backing it up logically) but I hope that answers your question, shawn.
8/29/2013 10:43 AM
I never thought of that bis but it's true. all the gays want is to force ppl to accept what they do. well that don't fly with me. what gay ppl do is disgusting and I don't have to accept **** bc I have a right to my opinion. **** anyone who wants me to force me to accept anything against my will.
8/30/2013 8:23 AM
You absolutely have a right to your opinion, shawn, as does everyone else, no matter who agrees or disagrees with whom. I have no problem with someone disagreeing with me and fully expect and anticipate that it will happen often (and it does).

The problem I have is when people want to say I'm wrong and challenge me on something and not back it up with anything. Either that or they say I'm wrong because they say so or their friends say so or a majority of people say so, never mind that all of that does nothing to back them up.

You've said you are entertained by BL's antics (as am I), but if you really want to be entertained, a simple suggestion that I think would work well for you given some of your opinions like the one you said in this last post:

Make a thread and boldly proclaim something you honestly believe but not everyone does and watch as some people will launch personal attacks on you and say you're wrong for no other reason than they personally disagree with it. In their minds, they are somehow better than you, so they'll try to put you down. It's like a schoolyard playground, and if you think BL is hilarious, that should have you in stitches.

8/30/2013 9:24 AM
ya so many ppl act like a **** just bc you don't think like they demand you should. if I have something I want to say I will make a post about it bis. no nneed to worry about that but I am curious to see if you are right.
8/30/2013 10:22 AM
I already know I'm right, shawn. I've experienced it firsthand right here in this very thread and in other places on these forums. You can find out for yourself if you want. Just take a dive into the friendly waters as I suggested and you'll learn that the nasty looking sharks are actually fake foam models that are easily avoided or even destroyed, depending upon your desires.
8/30/2013 10:50 AM
◂ Prev 1...321|322|323|324|325...358 Next ▸
DOMA & Prop 8 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.