Mafia Game Cinco--TOWN WINS Topic

We have to talk it out...  Now obviously some will lie (the Mafia) and some roles won't want to be said out loud because the mafia will want them dead.

For the next few pages, everyone will talk about how they are townies (because the mafia doesn't want to be investigated).....  OUR Job as townies will be to figure out who is lying.  

Now judging from the last games...  When someone dies, I believe caesari tells us the role of the person that dies.  So that's the good news... Shlog must have been just a regular townie.  

So out of this:

1. awags
2. Pola
3. mb625
4. nyaggie
5. onside
6. csudak
7. Columbusbuck
8. patsrule
9. shlog (DEAD)
10. ghutton
11. citizenkane
12. sjurat

So 2 of the above are the MAFIA...  Almost seems unfair for them.

If I understand it right in this version... one of them can kamikaze someone, but will die when doing it...  I'm sure that will happen later in the game.

Of the 9 we have left, 4 are simple townies... and 5 have Roles.  1 Cop and 1 "insane" cop meaning the real cop doesn't know which is which. .    The private investigator can figure out whoever we suspect the most....    and the vigilante can kill at night, although whoever is the vigilante you want to make damn sure you are killing a mafia otherwise you just hurt our chances.

And of course there is a doctor.  And this game, that is me...  Meaning I can save any of your ***** (or my own) at night.  Obviously, saving my own only protects me, and doesn't help the rest of the group. ...  And the mafia will want me dead for admitting this....  But I think it's the best way that I can do it...  The best thing that I can do is try to save the COP because he can investigate the mafia to determine who to lynch...  

The only problem with that, this game, is that we have two cops... and both think they are cops... but only one will actually give us good results.

And obviously we don't want the mafia to know who the cop is....  So he just can't come out and say it...

We have time to talk this out....  And make an educated guess.  The mafia will want us to vote to lynch right away to not figure anything out...  but it is in our best interest to try and find some sort of good guess.

So I'll say it again.  Even though I'll be a target I'm sure.  I'm the doctor. There is only one doctor so while some of you might not believe me (because I could just be saying it to try to figure out who the cop is) I'll leave that open to anyone who wants to declare they are doctor as well...  And then at least you will have a 50/50 chance on who to lynch.

If I can convince you to believe me... then I think the COPS should get a hold of me privately... and I can help them try to figure out a plan on who to investigate... and I'll save them tonight.

9/4/2013 3:29 PM
So we have Pola claiming Doctor. I can take him at his word for right now, simply because claiming a role is an extremely dangerous thing to do (I know from my experience last game... LOL). CSudak is claiming plain townie, which is a safe move if you're mafia, but also a very predictable one, but, at the same time, there are four actual townies, so I'll take him at his word also at this juncture. As for me, I will say that I'm a townie, but I won't disclose whether or not I have a role.
9/4/2013 3:37 PM
I definitely think the cops shouldn't come out quite yet.  That's going to be the trickiest part of this game... which cop is real and which is fake?  Will both even reveal themselves?  Either way, the cops need to investigate a couple of people and try to guess from that if they're insane or not.  In fact, the best strategy might be for the two cops find each other and work together to figure out who is insane or not.  We might not have enough time for that, though.

I can say for a fact that I am NOT Mafia.  I will not divulge if I have a role yet.

I hesitate to fully put my trust in Pola either, at least yet.  Perhaps that will come with time.  As to who we should kill off, it's going to be a crap shoot, but like Pola said, we can make an educated guess.
9/4/2013 3:46 PM
1. awags
2. Pola- CLAIMS DOCTOR
3. mb625- TOWNSPERSON (W OR W/O ROLE)
4. nyaggie- FIRST TO REACT TO SHLOG'S DEATH (if that means anything to anyone.); HASN'T CLAIMED ANYTHING YET
5. onside- CLAIMS TOWNSPERSON (W/ OR W/O ROLE)
6. csudak- CLAIMS TOWNSPERSON (W/O ROLE)
7. Columbusbuck
8. patsrule- CLAIMS TOWNSPERSON (W/ OR W/O ROLE)
9. shlog- DEAD
10. ghutton- CONFUSED
11. citizenkane
12. sjurat
9/4/2013 4:10 PM (edited)
Ok so how are us townies going to decide who to lynch
9/4/2013 4:02 PM
I'm going to say that I'm a towns person but I will not reveal weither I have a role or not.
9/4/2013 4:03 PM
Posted by caesari on 9/4/2013 2:10:00 PM (view original):
Shlog was happy after having just moved to GDville. It was the town of his dreams, with whiny little douchebags and people named Jibe abounded. However, he was not expecting that his new arrival would draw the attention of the mafia. And so, while mowing his hard a few days after moving in, it happened. His lawn mower stalled, and he stuck his hand under to investigate. He found something jamming the blades. Unfortunately for Shlog, it was a death trap. He went to his garage to get his toolbox... And got shot in the face by the waiting mafia.

SHLOG IS DEAD, SITEMAILS ARE ALLOWED. DAY 1 BEGINS NOW.
I knew I should have just stayed in Detroit...

This was something... Fun doesnt quite describe it... but it was something...
9/4/2013 4:11 PM
Posted by patsrule755 on 9/4/2013 4:02:00 PM (view original):
Ok so how are us townies going to decide who to lynch
Eventually, stories won't match up and we'll have some sort of clue as to who might be mafia.
9/4/2013 4:11 PM
I suggest we wait to hear from everyone.  

Either one of two things will happen.  One of the mafia guys makes the mistake to call me out and claim doctor.. .which would be dumb to do.. however it would let you guys know that I am lying or that person is.  But I'm not.

Or of course you guys can at least lean towards the fact that I'm telling the truth.  If the two cops contact me privately... I can pass messages between them (in case one is lying and is mafia) so as not to give up who the other one is....  Possibly come up with a plan to has them investigate the same person.  If the person comes back guilty....  we lynch them.... And if they end up not guilty we will know the real cop from the insane cop.   That would be a start.
9/4/2013 4:40 PM
If we have to, the Private Investigator can investigate me... Then they would know that I am in fact the doctor...  and I would know that they are a good guy as the private investigator... But this costs us a day and I will be forced to save myself tonight because I don't want to have to guess randomly at who the mafia will kill.....  
9/4/2013 4:42 PM
And lets also not forget that the two cops investigated someone last night.   One of them has false information, and one of them has true information....  Once nobody calls me out on doctor and I can earn some trust,  If they want to give me the results of the investigation I will post the results here for everyone to see without giving up who they are... Then we can make a decision based on that.  Of course a mafia might contact me to try to give false information... but if both cops agree to contact me privately... and a mafia does... we will have three people claiming cop... and the private investigator role would come in very handy then as well.

9/4/2013 4:55 PM
Posted by onside on 9/4/2013 3:48:00 PM (view original):
I definitely think the cops shouldn't come out quite yet.  That's going to be the trickiest part of this game... which cop is real and which is fake?  Will both even reveal themselves?  Either way, the cops need to investigate a couple of people and try to guess from that if they're insane or not.  In fact, the best strategy might be for the two cops find each other and work together to figure out who is insane or not.  We might not have enough time for that, though.

I can say for a fact that I am NOT Mafia.  I will not divulge if I have a role yet.

I hesitate to fully put my trust in Pola either, at least yet.  Perhaps that will come with time.  As to who we should kill off, it's going to be a crap shoot, but like Pola said, we can make an educated guess.
I don't think a cop can keep investigating to find out if he is "insane or not".  From the way I read it... Everybody but the real cop comes back innocent...  So he would have to investigate everyone to find out if he's insane....  and the only good result is a bad one.  We definitely don't have time for that.

The "insane cop" really is just a townie that has a slight chance of spreading a false rumor getting us to lynch the real cop.  Even the mafia comes back as innocent to him...

9/4/2013 5:10 PM
****... I was just reading page 1 with his role descriptions.... I just saw this on page 2:

-------------------------------
And it appears I only listed 11 roles and asked for 12 players, so the 12th role will this:

Another mafia.

There will be 3 mafia, 9 townies. That seems about right. 2 regular mafia, 1 yakuza, seems fair to me. Leggo.
-----------------------------------------

So there are actually 3 mafia we are deaing with... not two...  Betters our chances of lynching a mafia... but costs us even more time... Unless we get this right.
9/4/2013 5:19 PM
Posted by polabonez on 9/4/2013 5:19:00 PM (view original):
****... I was just reading page 1 with his role descriptions.... I just saw this on page 2:

-------------------------------
And it appears I only listed 11 roles and asked for 12 players, so the 12th role will this:

Another mafia.

There will be 3 mafia, 9 townies. That seems about right. 2 regular mafia, 1 yakuza, seems fair to me. Leggo.
-----------------------------------------

So there are actually 3 mafia we are deaing with... not two...  Betters our chances of lynching a mafia... but costs us even more time... Unless we get this right.
EDIT: Never mind...

What I meant by the cops working together is that if they know who each other are, we could figure out who the insane one is by investigating the other cop.  But, like I said, we probably don't have the time to do that.  The cops will just have to tread lightly until they can maybe figure out what's going on.
9/4/2013 5:30 PM
Posted by polabonez on 9/4/2013 4:42:00 PM (view original):
If we have to, the Private Investigator can investigate me... Then they would know that I am in fact the doctor...  and I would know that they are a good guy as the private investigator... But this costs us a day and I will be forced to save myself tonight because I don't want to have to guess randomly at who the mafia will kill.....  
The PI should probably wait on that, though. He only gets one investigation, remember.
9/4/2013 5:41 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5|6...19 Next ▸
Mafia Game Cinco--TOWN WINS Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.