Who would do a better job of running the USA? Topic

Posted by shawnfucious on 10/3/2013 10:25:00 AM (view original):
you aren't being very clear. what exactly are you suggeesting ppl wo insurance should do? try to get workman's comp? are you also suggesting they all need hairclub treatments? or was that just a bonus joke or something?
Maybe L&B can answer that.
10/3/2013 11:05 AM
ya maybe if you have someone at your company who handles benefits they could tell you those kinds of things.
10/3/2013 11:18 AM
Posted by antoncresten on 10/3/2013 9:59:00 AM (view original):
REPUGLIKANS SAY: DIE QUICKLY

Agreed.  Survival of the fittest.    The animal kingdom has it right.   

Can't keep up with the herd?  Well, fall behind and get eaten by a lion. 

10/3/2013 12:06 PM
Tea Party congressman are sad, so the government will continue to be shut down.

“We’re not going to be disrespected,” said Congressman Stutzman during an interview with the Washington Examiner on Tuesday.  “We have to get something out of this. And I don’t know what that even is.”
10/3/2013 12:13 PM
Both sides are dipshits.    Obama has publicly said "I'm not negotiating."    So, of course, the other dipshit side is going to say "We want something." 

Shut the government down.   Good.
10/3/2013 12:17 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 10/3/2013 12:17:00 PM (view original):
Both sides are dipshits.    Obama has publicly said "I'm not negotiating."    So, of course, the other dipshit side is going to say "We want something." 

Shut the government down.   Good.
Troll hard.

The shutdown is bad for the economy. It's a good thing you aren't a business owner.

-- Furloughs. The shutdown's direct effect on the economy comes from the federal government's lost work-hours. Right now, about 800,000 of the 4.1 million federal workers have been sent home. These "non-essential" worker furloughs will reduce fourth quarter GDP by about 0.15 to 0.2 percentage points for every week the shutdown lasts, according to Morgan Stanley and Goldman Sachs economists. The economy should bounce back an equal amount the following quarter, but, as Macroeconomic Advisers points out, that partly depends on whether furloughed workers get back pay. That's what happened after the 1995 and 1996 shutdowns, but it's something Congress has to approve. And, well, House Republicans might not be so enthusiastic about retroactively paying federal workers for not working this time around. In that case, the shutdown's modest drag on overall household spending would persist a bit.
10/3/2013 1:08 PM
Good point.  Except I've been a small business owner since '97.

Sometimes change requires a little pain.    For the American public to wake up and stop voting in the same people over and over, we need a lot of pain.
10/3/2013 1:12 PM

I think the same can be said for finger pointing and avoiding blame.
10/3/2013 1:21 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 10/3/2013 1:12:00 PM (view original):

Sometimes change requires a little pain.    For the American public to wake up and stop voting in the same people over and over, we need a lot of pain.
Sarcasm, dumb ***.

You are right though, the House GOP should be thrown out of office for this next election.

They won't though, because of gerrymandering. So all this pain will be for nothing.
10/3/2013 1:26 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 10/3/2013 1:26:00 PM (view original):

Sarcasm, dumb ***.

You are right though, the House GOP should be thrown out of office for this next election.

They won't though, because of gerrymandering. So all this pain will be for nothing.
Are you giving the Senate Democrats a free pass?

They ALL need to be thrown out. 
10/3/2013 1:35 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 10/3/2013 1:35:00 PM (view original):

Sarcasm, dumb ***.

Are you giving the Senate Democrats a free pass?

They ALL need to be thrown out. 
Do the Senate Democrats deserve blame for the shut down? I don't think so. If the only concession that the Republicans will accept is the defunding/delay of the ACA, then I don't know what option Democrats have.

House Republicans dug this hole, it's on them.
10/3/2013 1:46 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 10/3/2013 1:49:00 PM (view original):

Sarcasm, dumb ***.

Your dumbassery extends beyond sarcasm so it's hard to tell.

Either way this "the House GOP should be thrown out of office for this next election" is the problem.   "It's not my guy's fault, it's those other guys!!!!!"

******* retard. 
In a quick, clear, and concise sentence, explain how the shutdown is the democrats fault?
10/3/2013 1:54 PM
Failure in the budgeting process.

Unless, of course, you want to lay that at the feet of the Republicans.
10/3/2013 2:05 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 10/3/2013 2:05:00 PM (view original):
Failure in the budgeting process.

Unless, of course, you want to lay that at the feet of the Republicans.
How have they failed?
10/3/2013 2:08 PM
Do you have access to the internet?   Look up "government budgeting process".  
10/3/2013 2:11 PM
◂ Prev 1...12|13|14|15|16...57 Next ▸
Who would do a better job of running the USA? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.