Who would do a better job of running the USA? Topic

Is it a terrible idea?   Opening a National Park is a horrid, isn't it?   Funding FEMA?   How ******* dare they?
10/4/2013 5:02 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 10/4/2013 5:02:00 PM (view original):
Is it a terrible idea?   Opening a National Park is a horrid, isn't it?   Funding FEMA?   How ******* dare they?
No, but passing a bill to keep a national park open while ignoring the FDA, etc. is stupid as hell. There is a passable bill on the table that re-opens government. Boehner needs to bring it to a vote. If he doesn't, this is on him.
10/4/2013 5:10 PM

Does he need to bring it to a vote when he disagrees with it's contents?   Wasn't he elected to do what he thought the people wanted?   Isn't that the job of all politicians?

10/4/2013 5:17 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 10/4/2013 5:17:00 PM (view original):

Does he need to bring it to a vote when he disagrees with it's contents?   Wasn't he elected to do what he thought the people wanted?   Isn't that the job of all politicians?

That's how this works?

Sure, it's within his power to not bring it to a vote if he disagrees. But, the bill would pass if he did, so the blame falls on him when the shutdown persists.
10/4/2013 5:28 PM
I think we know why it passes.   He, and a few others, are taking a stand.     Shouldn't a politician taking a stand be applauded?
10/4/2013 5:32 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 10/4/2013 5:32:00 PM (view original):
I think we know why it passes.   He, and a few others, are taking a stand.     Shouldn't a politician taking a stand be applauded?
A blanket applause in every situation where they take a stand? Absolutely not. As tec already pointed out, shutting down the government over Obamacare is stupid.

But, yes, Boehner can take a stand if he wants. But he gets the blame for the **** storm.
10/4/2013 5:37 PM
Do you really think this is over Obamacare?
10/4/2013 5:41 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 10/4/2013 5:41:00 PM (view original):
Sure. What do you think it is about?
10/4/2013 5:43 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 10/4/2013 5:43:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 10/4/2013 5:41:00 PM (view original):
Sure. What do you think it is about?
In a way, I envy the simple life of Retardville.

10/4/2013 6:52 PM
So you aren't going to share your wisdom? Darn. I was really hoping you'd enlighten me.

I guess I'll have to get valuable info, like how the government can eliminate the deficit by issuing more bonds, somewhere else. You really should write a book.
10/4/2013 6:58 PM
Or I could run through life thinking this shutdown is about Obamacare.  

But, if I did, Retardville would have two inhabitants.    And you'd feel crowded.
10/4/2013 7:48 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 10/4/2013 5:10:00 PM (view original):
No, but passing a bill to keep a national park open while ignoring the FDA, etc. is stupid as hell. There is a passable bill on the table that re-opens government. Boehner needs to bring it to a vote. If he doesn't, this is on him.
And if Boehner brings bills up for a vote that would reopen parts of the government and the Demotards pass on it, is that still on Boehner?

Or are you just going to continue to deny reality and insist that the Democrats have absolutely no blame in the shutdown?

Because that would be, you know, massively stupid.

10/4/2013 8:28 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 10/4/2013 8:29:00 PM (view original):
And if Boehner brings bills up for a vote that would reopen parts of the government and the Demotards pass on it, is that still on Boehner?

Or are you just going to continue to deny reality and insist that the Democrats have absolutely no blame in the shutdown?

Would it make you feel better if I said 95% of the blame falls on the GOP? You always do this. You hang up on one little detail and miss the forest.

The point isn't that the GOP is 100% at fault (though I would lean that way). The point is that the shut down is primarily the fault of the GOP. If you want to say the Dems have 5 or 10 or 20% of the fault, that's fine. But it certainly isn't 50/50 and only an idiot would see it that way.
10/4/2013 9:30 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 10/4/2013 7:48:00 PM (view original):
Or I could run through life thinking this shutdown is about Obamacare.  

But, if I did, Retardville would have two inhabitants.    And you'd feel crowded.
Care to share your political wisdom? You've proven so knowledgable in the past.

Dude, you're a joke. Get a life.
10/4/2013 9:32 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 10/4/2013 9:30:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tecwrg on 10/4/2013 8:29:00 PM (view original):

Would it make you feel better if I said 95% of the blame falls on the GOP? You always do this. You hang up on one little detail and miss the forest.

The point isn't that the GOP is 100% at fault (though I would lean that way). The point is that the shut down is primarily the fault of the GOP. If you want to say the Dems have 5 or 10 or 20% of the fault, that's fine. But it certainly isn't 50/50 and only an idiot would see it that way.
You can assign any number what you want.

I'll give you my number.  60% Republicans, 40% Democrats.

Only an idiot would fail to recognize that the Democrats as a whole have acted nearly as stupidly as the Republicans over the five years of the RMS Titanic Administration.
10/4/2013 9:58 PM
◂ Prev 1...18|19|20|21|22...57 Next ▸
Who would do a better job of running the USA? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.