Who would do a better job of running the USA? Topic

Posted by tecwrg on 10/4/2013 9:58:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 10/4/2013 9:30:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tecwrg on 10/4/2013 8:29:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 10/4/2013 5:10:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 10/4/2013 5:02:00 PM (view original):
Is it a terrible idea?   Opening a National Park is a horrid, isn't it?   Funding FEMA?   How ******* dare they?
No, but passing a bill to keep a national park open while ignoring the FDA, etc. is stupid as hell. There is a passable bill on the table that re-opens government. Boehner needs to bring it to a vote. If he doesn't, this is on him.
And if Boehner brings bills up for a vote that would reopen parts of the government and the Demotards pass on it, is that still on Boehner?

Or are you just going to continue to deny reality and insist that the Democrats have absolutely no blame in the shutdown?

Because that would be, you know, massively stupid.

Would it make you feel better if I said 95% of the blame falls on the GOP? You always do this. You hang up on one little detail and miss the forest.

The point isn't that the GOP is 100% at fault (though I would lean that way). The point is that the shut down is primarily the fault of the GOP. If you want to say the Dems have 5 or 10 or 20% of the fault, that's fine. But it certainly isn't 50/50 and only an idiot would see it that way.
You can assign any number what you want.

I'll give you my number.  60% Republicans, 40% Democrats.

Only an idiot would fail to recognize that the Democrats as a whole have acted nearly as stupidly as the Republicans over the five years of the RMS Titanic Administration.

When the stated goal of a party is to make sure that the other party fails, and then goes ahead and does everything in their power to attain that goal......I don't know how you can only go 60/40...I'm going to go 85/15.

10/4/2013 10:03 PM
and really when you think about what the Republicans are doing...they are hijacking the fabric of our political system.....this is a settled matter, or should be.  It's been upheld by the Supreme Court and is the law of the land...I have to change it to 95/5.  It's a terrible precedent to set and is going to do nothing but cause grief for themselves in the end.
10/4/2013 10:12 PM
Posted by The Taint on 10/4/2013 10:12:00 PM (view original):
and really when you think about what the Republicans are doing...they are hijacking the fabric of our political system.....this is a settled matter, or should be.  It's been upheld by the Supreme Court and is the law of the land...I have to change it to 95/5.  It's a terrible precedent to set and is going to do nothing but cause grief for themselves in the end.
Exactly.

Tec if you want to say that the democrats contributed to a political environment that is so partisan we've come to this, fine. But in this specific situation, the GOP is almost entirely at fault.
10/4/2013 10:39 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 10/4/2013 10:39:00 PM (view original):
Exactly.

Tec if you want to say that the democrats contributed to a political environment that is so partisan we've come to this, fine. But in this specific situation, the GOP is almost entirely at fault.
The dems have contributed, but the true instigation is that a black man was elected.
10/4/2013 10:45 PM
10/4/2013 11:31 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 10/4/2013 9:32:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 10/4/2013 7:48:00 PM (view original):
Or I could run through life thinking this shutdown is about Obamacare.  

But, if I did, Retardville would have two inhabitants.    And you'd feel crowded.
Care to share your political wisdom? You've proven so knowledgable in the past.

Dude, you're a joke. Get a life.
Tell us how the logjam in DC is all on the GOP, resident of Retardville.

We're dying to know how one party has ****** our government. 
10/5/2013 6:28 AM
Are all laws "good"?  If they have been legally passed and subsequently upheld as constitutional, should they always just be blindly accepted and unquestioned as being in the best interests of the country?

How did that work out for Prohibition?

Obamacare should never be considered a "settled matter" because it's the wrong solution to the wrong problem with respect to healthcare.
10/5/2013 7:46 AM
I'm in a giving mood, dumb_luck.

The shutdown is about taxes/budgeting/deficit.    The ACA is a ***** to fund(admittedly it may be cheaper in the future) so it's sort of taken certain stage but the problem is much bigger than that.   I don't think anyone objects to universal healthcare for all.  But you can't fund everything for everybody.  That's the message the GOP is trying to get across. 

You fashion yourself as some critical, free-thinker.   You're just a parrot for whatever liberal piece you read a few minutes ago.   Your next original thought will be your first.    You're funny.   In a sad way.
10/5/2013 8:38 AM
Posted by tecwrg on 10/5/2013 7:46:00 AM (view original):
Are all laws "good"?  If they have been legally passed and subsequently upheld as constitutional, should they always just be blindly accepted and unquestioned as being in the best interests of the country?

Obamacare should never be considered a "settled matter" because it's the wrong solution to the wrong problem with respect to healthcare.
That's fine, do what has always been done to change things...win the next election and make the changes that your party believes are needed. Don't hold the country hostage. If its as terrible as you say, it will be changed, just like prohibition.
10/5/2013 9:31 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 10/5/2013 8:38:00 AM (view original):
I'm in a giving mood, dumb_luck.

The shutdown is about taxes/budgeting/deficit.    The ACA is a ***** to fund(admittedly it may be cheaper in the future) so it's sort of taken certain stage but the problem is much bigger than that.   I don't think anyone objects to universal healthcare for all.  But you can't fund everything for everybody.  That's the message the GOP is trying to get across. 

You fashion yourself as some critical, free-thinker.   You're just a parrot for whatever liberal piece you read a few minutes ago.   Your next original thought will be your first.    You're funny.   In a sad way.
You realize that the ACA isn't universal health care, right?
10/5/2013 10:22 AM
Posted by The Taint on 10/5/2013 9:31:00 AM (view original):
Posted by tecwrg on 10/5/2013 7:46:00 AM (view original):

That's fine, do what has always been done to change things...win the next election and make the changes that your party believes are needed. Don't hold the country hostage. If its as terrible as you say, it will be changed, just like prohibition.
I agree, 100%.

But it's ludicrous to believe that the Democrats have played no more than a small role in the current shutdown.

What does it say when our beloved Democratic President is open to negotiations with Syria and Iraq, but not the Republican Party representatives of his own citizens?
10/5/2013 10:40 AM (edited)
What will it say when he's actually able to get something done with them....but not with Republicans? 

That's a losing GOP talking point.
10/5/2013 10:43 AM
What do you get out of this statement?  I don't hear anything about the good of the American citizenry in there.

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell summed up his plan to National Journal: “The single most important thing we want to achieve is for President Obama to be a one-term president.”

10/5/2013 10:51 AM
“This is not a time for compromise, and I can tell you that we will not compromise on our principles,” Boehner said.
10/5/2013 10:52 AM
Posted by The Taint on 10/5/2013 10:43:00 AM (view original):
What will it say when he's actually able to get something done with them....but not with Republicans? 

That's a losing GOP talking point.
Riddle me this, Batman.

How can you get something done with somebody when you refuse to talk?
10/5/2013 10:53 AM
◂ Prev 1...19|20|21|22|23...57 Next ▸
Who would do a better job of running the USA? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.