All Forums > General Discussion > Non-Sports > Who would do a better job of running the USA?
10/9/2013 11:00 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 10/9/2013 10:59:00 PM (view original):
Please point out where $2500 moves your entire household income into a higher rate.

it doesn't. i can admit that I was wrong about that. can you admit that $700 is more than a 'few hundred dollars'?
10/9/2013 11:13 PM
No, he won't admit that.  BL's job here, as Obamacare's chief apologist, is to trivialize or flat out dismiss any downside that the law brings to Americans such as yourself.

Your problems are not important in his Magic Land of Make Believe.  In fact, your problems annoy the unicorns to the point where they stop shitting out gumdrops.
10/9/2013 11:26 PM
@bad_luck

it's kinda annoying i point out my benefits HAVE changed for the worse due to the ACA - yet you nitpick that i said HSA instead of FSA rather than actually respond to the context of the post, then that I was wrong on the marginal tax rate rather than responding once again to the context of the that post, and finally when you do sorta respond its with an 'its not a big deal' attitude - it's only a 'few hundred dollars'.

If $700 is no biggie for you feel free to send me a check for that amount? I'll be honest it is a BIG deal for me. I could use it to help pay for the $2300/mo daycare bill so my wife and i can both work to get us in that higher tax bracket... or the $1700/mo mortgage pymt I make of which $500/mo goes right to property taxes.... Or the Student loan payment I have from my MBA that helped me get that higher paying job... Or the 2 car payments I'm making because we needed bigger cars to tote around 2 children... diapers, formula, clothes, etc...

you are most likely right now trying to find a technicality in this post to respond to rather than actually explaining to me how $700 is only a 'few hundred dollars' and its really 'no big deal'. Am I right?
10/10/2013 1:58 AM
I wish they would get rid of tax deductions for kids. Totally unfair.
10/10/2013 8:43 AM
I wish they'd get rid of income tax altogether.  Sales tax only.   The more you spend, the more you pay in taxes.    After all, who spends more?  The guy making 22k a year or the guy making 83k a year?
10/10/2013 9:01 AM
Posted by The Taint on 10/10/2013 1:58:00 AM (view original):
I wish they would get rid of tax deductions for kids. Totally unfair.
i'm all for the 'fair tax' but unfortunately the system can't be that simple for some reason.
10/10/2013 10:18 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 10/10/2013 8:43:00 AM (view original):
I wish they'd get rid of income tax altogether.  Sales tax only.   The more you spend, the more you pay in taxes.    After all, who spends more?  The guy making 22k a year or the guy making 83k a year?
You hate retirees.
10/10/2013 10:19 AM
Posted by moy23 on 10/9/2013 11:26:00 PM (view original):
@bad_luck

it's kinda annoying i point out my benefits HAVE changed for the worse due to the ACA - yet you nitpick that i said HSA instead of FSA rather than actually respond to the context of the post, then that I was wrong on the marginal tax rate rather than responding once again to the context of the that post, and finally when you do sorta respond its with an 'its not a big deal' attitude - it's only a 'few hundred dollars'.

If $700 is no biggie for you feel free to send me a check for that amount? I'll be honest it is a BIG deal for me. I could use it to help pay for the $2300/mo daycare bill so my wife and i can both work to get us in that higher tax bracket... or the $1700/mo mortgage pymt I make of which $500/mo goes right to property taxes.... Or the Student loan payment I have from my MBA that helped me get that higher paying job... Or the 2 car payments I'm making because we needed bigger cars to tote around 2 children... diapers, formula, clothes, etc...

you are most likely right now trying to find a technicality in this post to respond to rather than actually explaining to me how $700 is only a 'few hundred dollars' and its really 'no big deal'. Am I right?
Tax deduction laws change all the time. If a cap on FSAs is the worst thing that comes from the ACA, that isn't a big deal.
10/10/2013 10:26 AM
Once again, the apologist trivializes how this has real negative impact to real people's lives.

Shocking.
10/10/2013 10:28 AM
Posted by bad_luck on 10/10/2013 10:18:00 AM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 10/10/2013 8:43:00 AM (view original):
You hate retirees.
I hate a lot of people.
10/10/2013 10:41 AM
Posted by tecwrg on 10/10/2013 10:26:00 AM (view original):
Once again, the apologist trivializes how this has real negative impact to real people's lives.

Shocking.
You must be reading into it wrong.  The TV tells me that liberals are the only ones who care about the 99%.
10/10/2013 11:11 AM
Posted by tecwrg on 10/10/2013 10:26:00 AM (view original):

Shocking.
Has anyone ever said that there is zero downside to the ACA???

Sure, that sucks. You don't get an automatic tax deduction. If you have medical expenses, you now have to itemize to get the deduction. Oh. *******. Well. If it's not worth it to you to itemize, the money must not be that big of a deal.

10/10/2013 11:56 AM
Of course it doesn't seem like a big deal to you.

On the other hand, if roles were reversed and the ACA was an initiative of the right instead of the left, you no doubt would see it as a huge freakin' deal.
10/10/2013 12:11 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 10/10/2013 11:56:00 AM (view original):
Of course it doesn't seem like a big deal to you.

On the other hand, if roles were reversed and the ACA was an initiative of the right instead of the left, you no doubt would see it as a huge freakin' deal.
The ACA is an initiative of the right.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/theapothecary/2011/10/20/how-a-conservative-think-tank-invented-the-individual-mandate/
10/10/2013 12:54 PM

That article is about the individual mandate, not the entire ACA itself.

But nice try!  Dumbass.

of 57
All Forums > General Discussion > Non-Sports > Who would do a better job of running the USA?

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

Popular on WhatIfSports site: Baseball Simulation | College Basketball Game | College Football Game | Online Baseball Game | Hockey Simulation | NFL Picks | College Football Picks | Sports Games

© 1999-2014 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.