All Forums > General Discussion > Non-Sports > Who would do a better job of running the USA?
10/10/2013 1:29 PM
The point is that my agreement (in general) with the ACA is not based on what party passed it. I think it's important to take steps towards improving health care. I think the ACA is an improvement.
10/10/2013 1:33 PM

Many people disagree,

Does that make you right, and them (us) wrong?

10/10/2013 1:38 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 10/10/2013 1:33:00 PM (view original):

Many people disagree,

Does that make you right, and them (us) wrong?

That's a stupid question.

A) By definition a disagreement is each side thinking the other side is wrong. I think you're wrong, you think I'm wrong.

B) You already said that the ACA improves access to health care. You just don't like that it doesn't completely solve everything that is wrong with the system.
10/10/2013 1:47 PM
"Improving health care" is not the same as "improving access to healthcare".

The ACA may improve access to healthcare.  But it does nothing to improve healthcare.  Nor to address the economic inefficiences inherent in the system.  Just the opposite, with respect to the latter . . . it throws MORE money into an already economically flawed/broken system.  That's not how you fix problems.
10/10/2013 2:02 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 10/10/2013 1:47:00 PM (view original):
"Improving health care" is not the same as "improving access to healthcare".

The ACA may improve access to healthcare.  But it does nothing to improve healthcare.  Nor to address the economic inefficiences inherent in the system.  Just the opposite, with respect to the latter . . . it throws MORE money into an already economically flawed/broken system.  That's not how you fix problems.
I disagree. Are you calling me wrong???

Improving access to health care improves the health care for people who didn't have access before.

It's not designed to fix all of the economic inefficiencies in the system but it does help somewhat. As several people have noted, low priced or subsidized exchanges will push more people out of the private health insurance market and into the exchanges. For health insurance companies to stay viable, they will need to put pressure on hospital pricing. And, really, the only people that can fix the pricing issue are health insurance companies. Individual consumers don't have the access, information, or influence necessary to change anything.
10/10/2013 2:10 PM
That's making a lot of assumptions for the future of health care, don't you think?
10/10/2013 2:13 PM
And we all know how valid and credible his assumptions are. 

Such as when he insisted how corporations will not drop benefits because of the ACA, but when presented with proof that corporations are indeed doing so, he dismisses it as "no big deal".
10/10/2013 2:21 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 10/10/2013 2:14:00 PM (view original):
And we all know how valid and credible his assumptions are. 

Such as when he insisted how corporations will not drop benefits because of the ACA, but when presented with proof that corporations are indeed doing so, he dismisses it as "no big deal".
Corporations didn't cut FSA accounts, that's a government rule. Companies are not dropping benefits because of the ACA.

But way to completely ignore everything I said.
10/10/2013 2:21 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 10/10/2013 2:10:00 PM (view original):
That's making a lot of assumptions for the future of health care, don't you think?
I'm not the one who insisted that the ACA would destroy the health care system.
10/10/2013 2:25 PM

Unfortunately it seems logical that, to liberals in power, corporations dropping benefits would be a good thing.  The more people dependent on government for income/services, the larger their pool of potential voters.

10/10/2013 2:28 PM
Posted by examinerebb on 10/10/2013 2:25:00 PM (view original):

Unfortunately it seems logical that, to liberals in power, corporations dropping benefits would be a good thing.  The more people dependent on government for income/services, the larger their pool of potential voters.

Please explain further.
10/10/2013 2:33 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 10/10/2013 2:21:00 PM (view original):
To be fair, I haven't read very much of this thread.

Did someone make that claim or did they claim the ACA did nothing to resolve the real issues with healthcare costs?
10/10/2013 2:42 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 10/10/2013 2:28:00 PM (view original):
Posted by examinerebb on 10/10/2013 2:25:00 PM (view original):

Please explain further.
Sure.  It would stand to reason that people who are dependent on liberal social programs for income/services are less likely to vote against the liberal agenda (don't bite the hand that feeds).  It would seem to logically follow that the more people that can be made dependent on those programs, the less people that would vote against said agenda.
10/10/2013 2:47 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 10/10/2013 2:33:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 10/10/2013 2:21:00 PM (view original):
To be fair, I haven't read very much of this thread.

Did someone make that claim or did they claim the ACA did nothing to resolve the real issues with healthcare costs?
I said the latter.  I don't remember anybody insisting "that the ACA would destroy the health care system."
10/10/2013 3:35 PM
of 57
All Forums > General Discussion > Non-Sports > Who would do a better job of running the USA?

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

Popular on WhatIfSports site: Baseball Simulation | College Basketball Game | College Football Game | Online Baseball Game | Hockey Simulation | NFL Picks | College Football Picks | Sports Games

© 1999-2014 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.