Posted by moy23 on 8/28/2016 11:30:00 PM (view original):
TRUMP ROPE A DOPE!
You spelled is wrong
8/29/2016 1:07 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 8/29/2016 11:37:00 AM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 8/29/2016 7:59:00 AM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 8/28/2016 9:01:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 8/28/2016 8:52:00 PM (view original):
Because poor blacks have been voting Dem for a bazillion years and they're still poor and black?

Poor people are stupid. And that applies to the poor whites in WV who would never consider a Dem.

Yeah, **** you poor people. You're poor because you're plain *** stupid. Get a not stupid person to explain it.
Mike demonstrating his ability to handle complex situations with nuance.
Sometimes the truth hurts.

I get Obama getting the black vote. I'm just not sure why they're flocking to Hillary. Did their lives get better with Bill in office? Did it get better with Obama in office? Same goes for backwoods whiteys. Aren't you still living in the same shack your parents lived in with Bush I and II?

At least think about why you're voting for who you're voting for.
So, in your view, poor people who vote either Democrat or Republican aren't "think[ing] about why [they're] voting for who [they're] voting for?"

Who should they vote for?
They should vote for someone who will make a difference. Unfortunately there is no one like that running. I'm not sure there are any politicians like that, running or otherwise.
8/29/2016 1:09 PM
They should educate themselves on the candidates and not just vote Red or Blue because they're red or blue.
8/29/2016 1:11 PM
Or like Moy they can vote orange
8/29/2016 1:22 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 8/29/2016 1:11:00 PM (view original):
They should educate themselves on the candidates and not just vote Red or Blue because they're red or blue.
How do know they don't?

I'll give you that most people don't have a great education and that almost all political issues are complex, not black and white, and require some ability to think critically to really understand.

But most people also have an idea of where they stand on the political spectrum and since those ideas don't vary much and the positions of the major parties don't vary much (other than Trump), it makes sense that people stick to one party.

8/29/2016 1:36 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 8/29/2016 1:36:00 PM (view original):
How do know they don't?

I'll give you that most people don't have a great education and that almost all political issues are complex, not black and white, and require some ability to think critically to really understand.

But most people also have an idea of where they stand on the political spectrum and since those ideas don't vary much and the positions of the major parties don't vary much (other than Trump), it makes sense that people stick to one party.

Your head is pretty far up your *** if you don't think that a number of people, particularly the poor and uneducated, vote for one party or the other because "that's my party, they'll take care of me". There is no thought process, not even a minor one, involved.
8/29/2016 2:19 PM
There's a reason Democrats fight voter ID laws and do everything they can to mobilize the inner city voters.

That reason is not because they are educated on the issues.
8/29/2016 2:34 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 8/29/2016 2:19:00 PM (view original):
How do know they don't?

Your head is pretty far up your *** if you don't think that a number of people, particularly the poor and uneducated, vote for one party or the other because "that's my party, they'll take care of me". There is no thought process, not even a minor one, involved.
Do you think there are large numbers of people out there who both 1) don't know where they stand on any political issue and 2) also take the time to vote?
8/29/2016 2:37 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 8/29/2016 2:37:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tecwrg on 8/29/2016 2:19:00 PM (view original):
How do know they don't?

Do you think there are large numbers of people out there who both 1) don't know where they stand on any political issue and 2) also take the time to vote?
Yes.

You're vastly overestimating the poor and uneducated if you don't think that's EXACTLY what many of them do.

Some states, including my birth state of Pennsylvania, still have (I believe) the "party line" lever to vote for all Democrats or all Republicans on the ballot.

How much critical thought do you think goes behind flipping the party line lever in the voting booth?
8/29/2016 3:21 PM
But your (or Mike's) premise still requires that they have no idea whatsoever where they stand on ANY political issue.

I think that's far fetched.

I think there are plenty of pure partisans. But they are partisans for a reason. They agree on some point with the side they chose.
8/29/2016 3:31 PM
Pretty sure I didn't say "no idea whatsoever" although it might fit. They know where they stand, they just don't bother to look any deeper than Dem/Repub.
8/29/2016 3:56 PM

Hillary Clinton’s wide lead over Donald Trumpin the race for the White House has been cut in half, according to a new national Monmouth University poll released today.

The Democratic nominee held a wide 50 percent to 37 percent lead in the wake of her party’s convention in a Monmouth poll in early August, but now that lead appears to have tightened to 7 percentage points -- 46 percent to 39 percent among likely voters.

8/29/2016 3:57 PM
Another lead cut in half. #trumptrending.
8/29/2016 3:58 PM
Trump pulls even in Ohio, up in Florida, and only 5 back in Michigan. Polls released today.
8/29/2016 4:00 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 8/29/2016 3:56:00 PM (view original):
Pretty sure I didn't say "no idea whatsoever" although it might fit. They know where they stand, they just don't bother to look any deeper than Dem/Repub.
Well, that's ridiculous. "They know where they stand" on political issues but that's not good enough for you?

Because they should look deeper? But they don't? Because you know them all personally? How deep should they look to satisfy your requirements?
8/29/2016 4:02 PM
◂ Prev 1...459|460|461|462|463...575 Next ▸
2016 Presidential Race Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.