Ferguson Police should be outlawed Topic

Posted by toddcommish on 8/29/2014 1:25:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 8/29/2014 1:22:00 PM (view original):
Posted by The Taint on 8/29/2014 1:20:00 PM (view original):
Nope, though the numbers definitely lend more weight to my point of view.
I've gone on and on about circumstances.    "**** you!!  I know my rights" guy is going to get searched far more often than "Yes, sir.  Here's my ID and I'll be moving along. Thank you" guy.   Agree or disagree?
They should all watch Chris Rock's video on "How not to get your *** kicked by the police"
I LOLed.
8/29/2014 1:34 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 8/29/2014 1:25:00 PM (view original):
Posted by burnsy483 on 8/29/2014 1:18:00 PM (view original):
That said - the way the community is being seen in Ferguson, it still doesn't make them look good.  So, while we're talking about this issue, which is good, the African-American community there looks bad.  A lot of people are seeing that and thinking "****, I'd be much more likely to pull these people over too."
Obviously looting is bad and isn't ever OK but I still think the police coming out looking much, much worse in this situation. Especially when they started arresting black journalists sitting in a McDonalds.
Everyone looks bad, yes, that I've agreed with from the start.  Nobody is doing "good things" in this situation.
8/29/2014 1:37 PM
Posted by burnsy483 on 8/29/2014 1:37:00 PM (view original):
That said - the way the community is being seen in Ferguson, it still doesn't make them look good.  So, while we're talking about this issue, which is good, the African-American community there looks bad.  A lot of people are seeing that and thinking "****, I'd be much more likely to pull these people over too."
Obviously looting is bad and isn't ever OK but I still think the police coming out looking much, much worse in this situation. Especially when they started arresting black journalists sitting in a McDonalds.
Everyone looks bad, yes, that I've agreed with from the start.  Nobody is doing "good things" in this situation.
And who should the blame fall on, the people in power or the oppressed?
8/29/2014 1:41 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 8/29/2014 1:41:00 PM (view original):
I'm a firm believer in not giving up the higher ground. If the people of Ferguson hadn't looted and hadn't thrown rocks, they'd be better off. But still, even with the bad, they are the ones that are right here. **** needs to change.
8/29/2014 1:43 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 8/29/2014 1:41:00 PM (view original):
Since the community is protesting an event where we're not sure if the police officer was in the wrong, if I had to pick one group, the "oppressed."
8/29/2014 1:45 PM
Posted by The Taint on 8/29/2014 1:29:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 8/29/2014 1:26:00 PM (view original):
Posted by The Taint on 8/29/2014 1:23:00 PM (view original):
I love white people who think they know how black people should feel or act.  The same ones are dudes who think they know what's best for chicks.  You have no idea what it's like to live a life where every move you make is scrutinized.  Not a clue at all.
Disagree.  I know black people shouldn't riot or loot stores.   It's what we call "against the law".    I don't really give a **** why they're doing it.  It's illegal activity.   I don't particularly care how they feel but I know, without question, they should not act that way.   No one should. 
Of course you disagree.

I agree that no one should loot either, but I've also never been persecuted my entire life.  The founding fathers rioted, looted, and said **** authority.  Were they in the right?
So, since you agree that no one should loot/riot, are you now one of those white people who thinks they know how black people should act?
8/29/2014 1:46 PM
People throwing rocks and looting and rioting are NOT IN THE RIGHT.

You're a dumbass for even suggesting it.
8/29/2014 1:46 PM
I love white people who think they know how black people should feel or act.  The same ones are dudes who think they know what's best for chicks.  You have no idea what it's like to live a life where every move you make is scrutinized.  Not a clue at all.
And from what instances of personal experience are you preaching on your soapbox from?

Have you been a cop?  You seem to "know" what they should and shouldn't be doing in any given situation.

8/29/2014 1:49 PM
By the way, white people, black people, brown people, and yellow people should ALL ACT ACCORDING TO THE LAW.  That's kinda basic to a civilized society.  Beyond that, I really don't have any expectations, nor do I think I know what is BEST, though I'm pretty sure the looting and rioting is sub-optimal behavior.
8/29/2014 1:52 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by The Taint on 8/29/2014 1:56:00 PM (view original):
Posted by toddcommish on 8/29/2014 1:52:00 PM (view original):
By the way, white people, black people, brown people, and yellow people should ALL ACT ACCORDING TO THE LAW.  That's kinda basic to a civilized society.  Beyond that, I really don't have any expectations, nor do I think I know what is BEST, though I'm pretty sure the looting and rioting is sub-optimal behavior.
I agree totally.  When I act within the law, nothing bad really ever happens to me in that aspect.  The dude in Minnesota was completely acting within the law, it didn't matter.  I can't imagine how that must feel.  Infuriating I'm sure. 
This.

8/29/2014 1:58 PM
I've been hassled by cops.   Wrong place, wrong time, wrong "look".    As I said before, I acted like a dick and I was co-operative.  Shockingly, when I was co-operative, they stopped giving me ****. 
8/29/2014 2:00 PM
I agree totally.  When I act within the law, nothing bad really ever happens to me in that aspect.  The dude in Minnesota was completely acting within the law, it didn't matter.  I can't imagine how that must feel.  Infuriating I'm sure. 
What was "the dude in Minnesota" doing in the minutes before the video started?

Or are you assuming that whitey the cop just randomly decided to harass a dark skinned fellow for ***** and giggles?

8/29/2014 2:05 PM
Actually, he was acting like a dick, possibly within the law, but definitely non-cooperative.  History has shown that being non-cooperative and argumentative with police is also sub-optimal behavior.

He should watch the Chris Rock video.
8/29/2014 2:05 PM
◂ Prev 1...22|23|24|25|26...142 Next ▸
Ferguson Police should be outlawed Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.