Ferguson Police should be outlawed Topic

This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by MikeT23 on 8/29/2014 3:21:00 PM (view original):
Posted by The Taint on 8/29/2014 3:20:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 8/29/2014 3:13:00 PM (view original):
Here's my last serious interaction with cops(I'll be as brief as possible):

I punched two guys for being disrepectful dipshits.  My friends grabbed me and stopped me from punching anyone else.   I was the only person to throw a punch and the bartender told me to get the **** out before she called the cops.  Testosterone flowing, I said "**** you.  I'll finish my beer and then I'll leave."   Shortly thereafter, three cop cars roll up.  Two officers walk in and she points at me.  They ask me to step outside.  Calmed down, I did as they asked.   They asked what I did and I said "Nothing.  I don't know what's going on."  Politely lying.  They said they were going to cuff me, put me in the car and find out why she called.  As soon as they cuffed me, one of my friends went apeshit.  Screaming profanities at the cops, acting aggressively and basically inciting everyone around.  They attempted to cuff him, he shoved a cop and then got roughed up a bit before being put in another car.   Cops came back 15 minutes later, told me that the bartender said I was being unruly but didn't want to press charges.   They wrote me up for disorderly conduct.  They told me to go home or I'd be going to jail.  I went home.   My friend spent some time in jail. 

Seems like doing as asked/told worked out better.
It's nice being white isn't it.
Didn't work out so well for my very white friend. 
Because he shoved a cop.

I'll wait for you to link the video showing the guy in MN shoving a cop.
8/29/2014 3:22 PM
Posted by The Taint on 8/29/2014 3:22:00 PM (view original):
He assaulted a cop. That usually doesn't work out well for anyone.
Seems like he could have simply calmed down, as requested, and everything would have been just fine.

Disobeying a request from a cop doesn't seem to work out well for whiteys either. 
8/29/2014 3:25 PM
I think we all agree that being co-operative is a much better option.   Yet some of us defend those who choose to be the exact opposite.

Why is that?
8/29/2014 3:27 PM
Posted by The Taint on 8/29/2014 3:26:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 8/29/2014 3:25:00 PM (view original):
Seems like he could have simply calmed down, as requested, and everything would have been just fine.

Disobeying a request from a cop doesn't seem to work out well for whiteys either. 
Just because someone's a cop doesn't give hem the right to make you do things that you don't have to do.
Asking for identification or to calm down doesn't seem all that unreasonable.

I've refused to allow a search of my car and my residence.    Didn't seem reasonable.   Didn't even get a beating for it.
8/29/2014 3:28 PM
Because, in the case of the guy in MN, he had the right to refuse. Tasing and arresting him was outrageous. The cops were in the wrong. Why are you defending them?

Do you also blame rape victims if they were wearing a short skirt?
8/29/2014 3:30 PM
Posted by The Taint on 8/29/2014 3:28:00 PM (view original):
Because it's within their rights not to be.
Don't you agree that "**** you.  I know my rights!!!" guy is more likely to get grief than "Yes, sir.  Here's my ID" guy?

Why behave in a manner that is going to cause you problems?
8/29/2014 3:31 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 8/29/2014 3:31:00 PM (view original):
Posted by The Taint on 8/29/2014 3:28:00 PM (view original):
Because it's within their rights not to be.
Don't you agree that "**** you.  I know my rights!!!" guy is more likely to get grief than "Yes, sir.  Here's my ID" guy?

Why behave in a manner that is going to cause you problems?
He never said **** you.
8/29/2014 3:35 PM
Posted by The Taint on 8/29/2014 3:32:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 8/29/2014 3:28:00 PM (view original):
Posted by The Taint on 8/29/2014 3:26:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 8/29/2014 3:25:00 PM (view original):

Just because someone's a cop doesn't give hem the right to make you do things that you don't have to do.
Asking for identification or to calm down doesn't seem all that unreasonable.

I've refused to allow a search of my car and my residence.    Didn't seem reasonable.   Didn't even get a beating for it.
Because it wAs within your rights to say no and the cop respected it. Why does the white guys rights get respected but not the black man in Minnesota? He was quite polite until the cops pushed it where it shouldn't have gone. He wasn't ignorant of the state laws as you guys all seem to be.
Why do you think all white guys get respected and no black guys do?

FWIW, the police know the law.   An illegal search and seizure won't hold up in court.   They know, with just cause or reasonable suspicion or whatever the hell it's called, that they can conduct a search without consent.   But, if they don't find what they're looking for, it's a problem for them.

Asking "Do you have some identification?" isn't like a cavity search.    It's a very reasonable request.
8/29/2014 3:37 PM
Posted by The Taint on 8/29/2014 3:39:00 PM (view original):
I don't need to show you my ID in the state of Minnesota is a very reasonable response.
Unless you're black. Then you get shot with a taser.
8/29/2014 3:40 PM
◂ Prev 1...26|27|28|29|30...142 Next ▸
Ferguson Police should be outlawed Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.