Ferguson Police should be outlawed Topic

Anyway, at the end of the day, people(color doesn't matter) who think a solution is rioting, looting and burning the city down are the exact type of people who ARE definitely going to be treated poorly by authorities.   Because they have no respect for anything. 
11/25/2014 5:35 PM
So you're already thinking many moves ahead. It's nice to see your 40+ hours a week on WIS message boards has turned you into a forum Garry Kasparov.
11/25/2014 5:37 PM
Sure.  I know how most people are going to respond before I ask the question.   If you argue with the same people often enough, it's a gimme.   But this is what I was getting at:

Anyway, at the end of the day, people(color doesn't matter) who think a solution is rioting, looting and burning the city down are the exact type of people who ARE definitely going to be treated poorly by authorities.   Because they have no respect for anything. 

Trust me, that wasn't Brown's first "bad day". 
11/25/2014 5:40 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Maybe if the blacks wouldn't be doing the majority of the crimes in America then the whites wouldn't hold them systematically responsible?

If the Cop in Ferguson would have been Black, I am assuming, that they would still be rioting because the blacks have been oppressed all over America and the Ferguson PD has treated blacks poorly in the past. The fact that the Cop was White has nothing to do with it.... Right! Ha! Ha!

11/25/2014 5:50 PM
Is that what I said?

I said the degree of difference matters. You can't just say, "well people didn't like the Irish either and you don't seem them rioting in the streets." 

EDIT: replying to moy.

EDIT 2: The president isn't from Kenya. The fact that you probably think he is says a lot about you.

11/25/2014 5:56 PM (edited)
Posted by moy23 on 11/25/2014 6:06:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 11/25/2014 5:56:00 PM (view original):
Is that what I said?

I said the degree of difference matters. You can't just say, "well people didn't like the Irish either and you don't seem them rioting in the streets." 

EDIT: replying to moy.

EDIT 2: The president isn't from Kenya. The fact that you probably think he is says a lot about you.

I said Kenya in jest... It says I'm a funny guy.

But seriously once again you did not move the conversation FORWARD Lol. You're a funny guy too :)
Failing to acknowledge current reality--that blacks face systematic racism in America today--makes discussing forward progress impossible.
11/25/2014 6:40 PM
Is that all blacks in general, or just some in specific pockets of the country?
11/25/2014 6:49 PM
Question for BL:

What is your definition of "justice", within the context of a case like Ferguson?
11/25/2014 7:24 PM
Does the fact that an eye witness who testified that Michael Brown "charged" the officer was himself black, have ANY bearing on the notion of "systematic racism" here in this case?

Should it?
11/25/2014 8:52 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 11/25/2014 7:24:00 PM (view original):
Question for BL:

What is your definition of "justice", within the context of a case like Ferguson?
I'm not excusing the looting, that's never ok, but I understand the protests. The Ferguson PD has done enough to create, in the minds of the community members, genuine doubt that a black person can get justice. Whether or not justice was served in this specific case becomes somewhat of a moot point because it is just a small piece of a much, much bigger problem.
11/26/2014 12:24 AM (edited)
That's not an answer.

What is your definition of "justice"?
11/25/2014 11:07 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 11/25/2014 11:07:00 PM (view original):
That's not an answer.

What is your definition of "justice"?
I didn't realize you wanted an actual definition.

Justice: using the law to fairly resolve crimes.
11/26/2014 12:23 AM
◂ Prev 1...55|56|57|58|59...142 Next ▸
Ferguson Police should be outlawed Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.