Ferguson Police should be outlawed Topic

This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Doesn't it seem asinine to use a justifiable homicide as the case to rally around?

"I am Mike Brown" is their rally cry?

Mike Brown was GUILTY of assaulting a police officer and got killed because he made a lot of poor choices that night.

How does rallying around THIS CASE help you at all?

NOTHING about THIS case is about social injustice yet THIS is their focal point?

Seems absurd and makes them look very dumb, which makes it pretty hard to take them seriously if they are this easily controlled and mislead by the puppet masters putting all of this together.
11/26/2014 7:30 AM
Posted by bad_luck on 11/26/2014 12:24:00 AM (view original):
Posted by tecwrg on 11/25/2014 11:07:00 PM (view original):
That's not an answer.

What is your definition of "justice"?
I didn't realize you wanted an actual definition.

Justice: using the law to fairly resolve crimes.
Do you think that perhaps justice was done in this particular case?
11/26/2014 7:40 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 11/26/2014 7:00:00 AM (view original):
In the minds of many, the only acceptable outcome was life in prison or execution for Wilson.   Otherwise, there was no justice.  This guy obviously wanted justice.

Exactly.  They don't really want "justice", despite the many signs the protesters have been carrying demanding it.  They just want the white cop to be guilty, even if he's not.

Just like the lynch mob mentality of the 1930's.

11/26/2014 7:45 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
I'm not on the 1930's lynch mob bandwagon but when there is only one acceptable outcome, they're not seeking "justice".    They want blood for blood and that doesn't even vaguely resemble justice. 
11/26/2014 8:09 AM
Posted by tecwrg on 11/26/2014 7:40:00 AM (view original):
That's not an answer.

Perhaps. My point is that the Ferguson PD has done enough in the past to put doubt in the minds of the people in the community.

I'm not usually a huge fan of Vox, but this was interesting:

http://www.vox.com/2014/11/25/7281165/darren-wilsons-story-side
11/26/2014 9:04 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 11/25/2014 5:33:00 PM (view original):
Posted by stinenavy on 11/25/2014 5:31:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 11/25/2014 5:21:00 PM (view original):
Posted by burnsy483 on 11/25/2014 3:42:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tecwrg on 11/25/2014 3:35:00 PM (view original):
If someone were to say "I'm OK with black people, I just don't trust them" . . . would that be racist?

Because it seems like your message is that it's OK for the blacks to say "I have no problem with whitey, I just don't trust him".

They don't trust the Ferguson PD because that PD has treated them poorly before. They appear to be racist.

And somehow rioting, looting and burning the city down will help matters?
Jesus. Where did burnsy note anything about supporting the actions taken by some people in that city?
Have you been reading the MG chat?  It's White Jesus.

He didn't.    I was just asking a question.   Obviously leading to "So you think blacks are stupid?" which, of course, would lead to "So it's just these particular blacks that are stupid?   Any chance that's why they THINK they've been treated poorly by the FPD?"
There's evidence to suggest they're being treated unfairly.  These rioters aren't also the only stupid people who riot.  Someone wins/loses a big sporting event and people riot.  It never makes sense.

The majority of the protesters, who protest during the day, are not involved in the riots and looting. They're protesting because they believe there was injustice. They don't believe Wilson, and don't believe that the prosecution fought hard enough for justice.  It doesn't mean it's true or not true, it's just what they believe based on prior experience.  White cops have killed blacks before, and it never led to this.  There's a reason why this is happening.

Cameras on cops would help this situation in the future. There would be less of a "FTP" mentality if cops could be held accountable if they took something too far or did something wrong.  Like I said, if Wilson is telling the truth, and it was on film, you don't see this reaction. But there are many people in that community who doesn't believe him based on prior experience. 
11/26/2014 9:18 AM
Posted by tecwrg on 11/26/2014 7:45:00 AM (view original):
In the minds of many, the only acceptable outcome was life in prison or execution for Wilson.   Otherwise, there was no justice.  This guy obviously wanted justice.

Exactly.  They don't really want "justice", despite the many signs the protesters have been carrying demanding it.  They just want the white cop to be guilty, even if he's not.

You're really acting like an idiot.

I'll ask again - What were 1930's blacks being "scapegoats" for? Why was the white population lynching blacks?

Is there a reason the blacks in Ferguson are acting the way they are?
11/26/2014 9:19 AM
Posted by bad_luck on 11/26/2014 9:04:00 AM (view original):
That's not an answer.

Perhaps. My point is that the Ferguson PD has done enough in the past to put doubt in the minds of the people in the community.

Of course you would find that "interesting".  It fits your pre-conceived version of what you want the story to be.
11/26/2014 9:23 AM
Posted by burnsy483 on 11/26/2014 9:19:00 AM (view original):

I'll ask again - What were 1930's blacks being "scapegoats" for? Why was the white population lynching blacks?

1930's.  Something bad happens to a white person.  Let's find a darkie and string him up from the nearest tree.  Because he's got the skin color we don't trust or like.

Ferguson.  Something bad happened to a black person.  Let's ignore facts and evidence and demand that the white cop be convicted.  Because he's got the skin color we don't trust or like.

11/26/2014 9:26 AM
The injustice in this case is that a 28 y/o man has had his career choice taken from him for doing his job.  We know, many times per day, that police officers look the other way.   Not worth the paperwork or the hassle.    They see a large man, accompanied by a friend, walking in the middle of the street.   Maybe he stole some cigars.   Major bust there.   How easy would it have been for Wilson to drive by, say "Hey, get your ***** on the sidewalk" and continue on?  How many times a day does a cop do exactly that?   He didn't.   He chose to do his job.   Now, at an age when most people are just getting started with their careers, his has been taken away.   This is a national story not a local or regional one.   He can't be a cop anywhere.  Where is the justice in that?   **** Brown, the victim in this case is Darren Wilson.
11/26/2014 9:28 AM
Posted by tecwrg on 11/26/2014 9:23:00 AM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 11/26/2014 9:04:00 AM (view original):
That's not an answer.

Of course you would find that "interesting".  It fits your pre-conceived version of what you want the story to be.
I don't want anything other than the truth. Wilson being justified is a much better ending to this story than the other way around. The problem is that his story, the one he gave immediately after the incident, is unbelievable.
11/26/2014 9:29 AM
Posted by tecwrg on 11/26/2014 9:26:00 AM (view original):
Posted by burnsy483 on 11/26/2014 9:19:00 AM (view original):

1930's.  Something bad happens to a white person.  Let's find a darkie and string him up from the nearest tree.  Because he's got the skin color we don't trust or like.

Ferguson.  Something bad happened to a black person.  Let's ignore facts and evidence and demand that the white cop be convicted.  Because he's got the skin color we don't trust or like.

So again, you're missing the point.  Ferguson residents aren't protesting how all white people are out to get them.  But this PD seems to be, based on prior experience and evidence of arrest/crime records by the same PD. An unarmed teenager was killed, and they don't believe the officer's account, because the PD has ****** them over before.

What horrible thing did blacks do in the 1930s in treating white people so unfairly? Aside from not being their property?
11/26/2014 9:31 AM
I'd love for cops to be videod up.   You'd find that people are goddam idiots who "know their rights" rather than respect the authority that police have been given. 

11/26/2014 9:32 AM
◂ Prev 1...56|57|58|59|60...142 Next ▸
Ferguson Police should be outlawed Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.