Under Construction: Rebuilding Las Vegas Topic

Bush i liked a little. If you trade these guys you might set the single season record for loses by any team in any world
4/9/2007 10:36 PM
As you can see, this team is horrible. I'm likely to set loss records with or without them. Which makes them expendable.
4/10/2007 9:06 AM
Well, we filled Mike, so it is time to start your plan to turn this team around. Budgets drop tomorrow
4/10/2007 10:21 AM
Quote: Originally Posted By MikeT23 on 4/10/2007
As you can see, this team is horrible. I'm likely to set loss records with or without them. Which makes them expendable.
Your best bet is absolutely to sink the ship before raising it. You're going to lose anyway...who cares by how much? Pick up talent in the draft this year and next.
4/10/2007 10:25 AM
This will be my first team that I won't try to win with immediately. I don't want to "give up" a season but I definitely have to look towards season 3.
4/10/2007 10:28 AM
We are in season 4 right now, but if you want look toward season 3 that's OK.
4/10/2007 10:41 AM
It's season 1 for me. I'll not accept any blame in creating the mess that is Las Vegas.
4/10/2007 11:09 AM
True that team is pretty terrible. Good luck turning it around.
4/10/2007 11:17 AM
I've discovered why the team lacks talent at all levels. With the exception of just a few coaches, the team has had sub-par coaching all three previous seasons. No development has taken place.
4/11/2007 4:28 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By MikeT23 on 4/10/2007
I took over a team in Edmonds that was 12-150 in season 2. Mike should be able to do better than that. The minor leagues were in shambles from terrible coaches/no developement and most of the major league pitchers should have been pitching at AA or AAA. I got them to 33 wins in season 3 and think I can do 60 wins in season 4. I am taking the high scouting/draft/int. prospect route to rebuild so it will take a few seasons to get into the playoffs.
4/11/2007 6:31 PM
Alright, projections are in!!
I can't/won't list projections but it appears that we have 6 pitchers who could one day be big league pitchers. Sadly, 4 of them are relievers with 9-10 stamina.
We also have 6 position players that could one day take the field with the big club. 4 are legit big league hitters and the other 2 will make nice role players.
The minors aren't bringing much help(if they develop and I believe the poor coaching they've rec'd will severely restrict development). However, it's nice to know there is a little bit of help on the way.
Now's the time to turn a little into a little more.
4/12/2007 11:38 AM
My first trade netted me three future big leaguers for Young/Fernandez. I got a P, 3B, LF in the deal. All are 21-22 so I'm hoping they'll be ready by my 3rd season. This deal was completed with another new owner(who happens to be in both leagues I commish).
I'm working on several deals for Bush. They are all with "holdover" owners and the offers seem to be a bit shy of talent. This only confirms my belief that the 10 owners who were replaced were fleeced in trade. I think the old school guys have gotten used to absolutely "winning" trades. If I can't make a deal, I'll be content to hold onto my 1.85m SS.
4/13/2007 9:43 AM
Mike,
Just read this thread with interest. I'd like to hire you as a consultant for my team in Joey Belle where you've sewn up the division title (4th straight) 50 games in.
Lol, j/k. Looks like you have your work cut out for you here but since you know what your doing, I can't see it taking long before you compete.
Good luck,
Eric
4/13/2007 10:43 AM
I'm on a 3 year plan. I'll be getting plenty of humble pie for awhile in this league.
4/13/2007 10:47 AM
Quote: Originally Posted By EasyE7273 on 4/13/2007
Mike,
Just read this thread with interest. I'd like to hire you as a consultant for my team in Joey Belle where you've sewn up the division title (4th straight) 50 games in.
Lol, j/k. Looks like you have your work cut out for you here but since you know what your doing, I can't see it taking long before you compete.
Good luck,
Eric

What a suck-up!
4/13/2007 10:53 AM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5...16 Next ▸
Under Construction: Rebuilding Las Vegas Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.