ASK THE MIKET23 THREAD, PT. 6 Topic

If I designate a player for assignment who is involved in a pending trade, will it nullify the trade? I'm trying to add guys from AAA while I'm trading away a few ML guys.

Also, I'm still confused on how the "medical bug" works. Is it just the ratings affected by the injury that get better? I'm basically trying to figure out if it makes sense for someone like this to go on the 60-day, or 7-day and come back for 2nd round of playoffs and play. What would you do?

Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Manuel Lugo

10/29/2014 11:34 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 10/28/2014 6:52:00 AM (view original):
I've never seen DUR improve 6 points.    Best you can hope for is 16-17.
i thought the best you could hope for was to die in your sleep, according to famed philosopher Kenny rogers. has that changed?
10/29/2014 11:36 AM
Nah, there are no ****** in your part of the world.   They really were dressed up.

No, it will not. 

Usually it's only affected areas.   Groin will be speed/baserunning.   Your shoulder guy will be arm/power.    And all recover health and, sometimes, dur.   If they have an injury and I like the expected recovery areas, minor leaguers automatically get the 60.

Yes.
10/29/2014 1:07 PM

About burnsy's question... he's wondering about bringing Lugo back for the playoffs.  Isn't there something about, if it's too late in the season for a guy to get multiple injury recoveries, then you don't get any additional benefit from keeping him DL'd?

10/29/2014 1:18 PM
It's pretty tricky after game 140 or so for a recovery cycle.     If a guy recovers at game 120(1 day left on DL), he'll still get a 2nd at the end of the BL season.    I don't know the exact game number but that's not always the case.    I want to say around game 130(meaning 10 RL days) but I haven't tracked it that closely.
10/29/2014 1:34 PM
Have they ever explained why a Free Agent changes his demands after budgeting?  Doesn't seem fair when you budget with the expectation that a guy is willing to re-sign, and then during the re-signing period he changes his mind and refuses to sign.
10/29/2014 4:07 PM
No, they haven't.   I don't really have a problem with that as RL players change their minds every time.   People scream for more randomness and then don't like it when something happens that they don't expect.    Which is kind of the definition of "HBD randomness". 
10/29/2014 4:10 PM
Did you enjoy Game 7 of the WS last night? How would you assess Baumgarner's performance?
10/30/2014 8:54 AM
I only saw the last couple of innings.   A gimme as MVP.
10/30/2014 9:42 AM
How sad is it that I did not realize, until literally the last day of the regular season, that my HBD team was in possession of the 2nd wild card slot?

I have DEN and NE defenses on my roster. "Top" available defenses are NO, CAR, (who also play each other) and NYG (who face Andrew Luck Monday night). What's my best option?

10/30/2014 12:11 PM
Seems like you'd pay closer attention to the standings. 

It would depend on the scoring system.   CAR and NYG are likely to get lit up so, if points allowed is a negative, they're not very good picks.  But CAR is likely to get the most opps for turnovers.   All that said, I'd rather face Newton than Brees/Luck.
10/30/2014 12:27 PM
Am I crazy? Or is Wilt Lowe underperforming? What would you expect out of him?
10/31/2014 5:53 PM
You may be crazy but I think he's underperforming.    You might be expecting too much but .850 OPS, at least, is reasonable.
11/1/2014 8:22 AM
The Raiders keep playing hard and are competitive each week.  Will they defeat Denver this week at home?
11/3/2014 12:17 PM
Unlikely.  I think the Buffalo game is the only win on the board.   Of course, they could upset someone but Buff is the most likely. 
11/3/2014 1:34 PM
◂ Prev 1...847|848|849|850|851...1151 Next ▸
ASK THE MIKET23 THREAD, PT. 6 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.