ASK THE MIKET23 THREAD, PT. 6 Topic

I have an arbitration candidate who wants $5.4 million a year for two years. If I offer him less per year but more years (say, $4 million per year for four years), is he likely to sign?

If he dislikes the offer, is he likely to be offended and refuse to sign am even higher subsequent offer? Basically, I'm wondering if there's any downside to trying to lowball him.
2/26/2015 1:57 PM
No.  If you want to offer him 4 years, the total will need to be 21.6m.    You can backload and offer a mutual option.

No.   You can re-offer for what he wants.  Immediately. 
2/26/2015 2:08 PM
 Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Wilson Griffiths how the hell did this guy make into baseball?  Wouldnt he just either throw the ball into the stands or bowl it to the plate every time?
2/26/2015 3:14 PM
Nepotism. 
2/26/2015 4:03 PM
does arb take into account defense, do you think? or is it just offensive stats?
2/26/2015 4:49 PM
(I can't wait for the reasponse for this one).

http://www.whatifsports.com/HBD/Pages/Popups/Boxscore.aspx?gid=69153101&pbp=0

What in the blue heck happened in this game? Why did my bench manager think it was a brilliant move to take a pitcher and slot him in at SS? Wouldn't it have made more sense to shove him in RF (where I had a SS playing) and move the RF over?
2/26/2015 5:00 PM
My guess is Beneventa(or whatever) isn't slotted as a SS replacement.    Or, possibly, you had no one left as a RF replacement.    The sim does dumb **** like that but that's why it's a sim as opposed to a live game.
2/26/2015 5:06 PM
Would you call gdurham27 the Kevin Maas of HBD or the emerging Babe Ruth of our fine game?
2/26/2015 8:03 PM
When is the last day we can make transactions such as releasing a player or signing a player? Right before Game 7 of the WS right? Or is it right before the end of the regular season?
2/26/2015 8:23 PM
Missed one.  I'd hope it takes defense into account but I've seen nothing that would indicate it does. 

Being a "WTF is going on?" kind of guy, I'd say one of three things:   1.  Alias who learned the game under his other username.   2.  Stand back, he's about to pull that horseshoe out of his ***.  3.  What a 'tard world, letting a relative n00b own their dumb *****.

Before the last game of the WS sims. 
2/26/2015 8:52 PM
Mike - know of any good FA negotiation posts from the past that you can bump or post here?
2/27/2015 7:44 AM

Not really.  But I can tell you a strategy so you don't get in some retarded bidding war.   Set a max salary and stick to it.   Know what Plan B will be should your desired player exceed that salary in FA. 

2/27/2015 8:10 AM
So question - if you got a Type A, who refuses to sign, then it might be a good strategy to let him walk and resign in FA? I suppose you don't lose a draft pick....
2/27/2015 8:14 AM
If he refuses to sign, you have no other option but to re-sign him during FA.    No, you won't lose a draft pick.
2/27/2015 8:26 AM
Would you say it's fair to make a thread calling out an aliased player as a way to alert other commissioners to keep an eye out?
2/27/2015 9:56 PM
◂ Prev 1...883|884|885|886|887...1151 Next ▸
ASK THE MIKET23 THREAD, PT. 6 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.