ASK THE MIKET23 THREAD, PT. 6 Topic

how are there 899 pages of this crap?  Out of all those questions, what percentage would you say were serious questions?
4/7/2015 2:30 PM
Learn to count.    Early on, there seemed to be a lot more HBD-related questions.   I guess you'd call them "serious".   Now it's maybe 25%.   Which, naturally, will lead to nothing but "woodchuck counting wood" questions for the next week.
4/7/2015 2:43 PM
Is there a particular place in the season when someone is eligible for a ratings bump?
4/7/2015 7:31 PM
Opening Day is the only guarantee and it's not even a guarantee if you trade during the pre-season.    Expect the first reg season around game 18-22. 
4/7/2015 7:49 PM
It is my understanding that a catcher's affects the likelihood that an opponent will try to steal a base, and the arm accuracy affects the likelihood that he'll throw him out. Is this correct?

If that's true, then, wouldn't the best catcher be one with weak a strength but great accuracy? That way, opponents would keep trying to steal, but many of them would get thrown out.
4/8/2015 11:23 AM
Yes but those guys are hard to find. 
4/8/2015 11:25 AM
Have you ever, in all the years you've been playing HBD, seen or even heard of a Mutual Option causing a player to refuse to sign?

Like you have an arb guy and you want to sign him long-term but he's demanding a 5 year deal and will not accept an option?
4/8/2015 2:11 PM (edited)
I haven't.  It would make sense that they would but I've never seen it. 
4/8/2015 2:24 PM
One under the radar change was that we can now create longer user id's. Should I be upset about this?
4/9/2015 1:42 AM

No.  You'll be unique.   Just like your momma told you when she loaded you on the short bus. 

4/9/2015 8:46 AM
would you say topoftheworl is unique, just like everybody else?
4/9/2015 8:49 AM
No, I would not say that.
4/9/2015 8:51 AM
topoftheworl made a claim that  "we can now create longer user ids".

Had you read about this supposed change prior to reading his question?
If not do you blindly accept his assertion without any evidence?
4/9/2015 10:49 AM
I had not.   I did blindly accept his assertion because it doesn't matter to me.   I don't intend to create another user ID.
4/9/2015 10:54 AM
I like to think that you are pretty up on most things concerning WIS, and especially HBD.

We are now aware that one of the "under the hood" changes they made last month has sped up the sim engine. Games are simming 20-30 minutes ahead of when they used to. This we've learned from experiencing it first hand.

Are you aware of an announcement that revealed other effects or new features?

If not, I wonder where topoftheworl, came up with such an idea? 

Do you think that his usage of the word "we", maybe implies that he is an habitual alias creator?

Might that also explain how he came to know that userids can be longer now? (ie. through experiencing it first hand)
4/9/2015 11:08 AM
◂ Prev 1...898|899|900|901|902...1151 Next ▸
ASK THE MIKET23 THREAD, PT. 6 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.