ASK THE MIKET23 THREAD, PT. 6 Topic

What do you think of the proposed design for the Bucks' new arena?
3/18/2016 10:23 AM
Well, first, I didn't realize Milwaukee still had a pro sports franchise. I kind of like it for it's uniqueness. But I like the Kibbie Dome so I guess it's fair to question my taste.

3/18/2016 10:29 AM
SHOULDN'T THE FAT SCHLUBS OF WISCONCIN GET A BETTER LOOKING ARENA, FOR ALL THE CORPORATE WELFARE MONEY STOLEN FROM THE TAXPAYERS?
3/18/2016 10:55 AM
NO!!!!
3/18/2016 11:16 AM
Shouldn't LaRoche's kid be in school?
3/18/2016 3:56 PM
HE GONE?
3/18/2016 4:09 PM
He shouldn't be in the locker room 24/7. Bret Boone was talking about it the other day. He was around a lot. He said he knew when to make himself scarce but the culture has changed. So my assumption is this kid doesn't make himself scarce. My guess is several players said "Why is this ******* kid around all the time?" to somebody that mattered.
3/18/2016 4:09 PM
IS NOW!!!!
3/18/2016 4:10 PM
Looking from some advice for my Coop playoff lineup and I'm going to assume that you will give your honest opinion, in spite of the fact that we have the potential to be playing each other in the NLCS.

What would you do in CF with my team?

I tried Player Profile: Ned Perry - Hardball Dynasty Baseball | WhatIfSports in CF for the last 35 games or so, and his defense didn't seem too awful (295 innings, 4 minus plays and 1 error). If I move him back to LF, I am putting a pretty good bat/glove combo on the bench (I haven't looked at all of the permutations, but I know that ends up with a good player on the bench, and my CF ends up being ok with the glove and pretty mediocre to poor with the bat).

My other options are:
Player Profile: Khiry Stockton - Hardball Dynasty Baseball | WhatIfSports
Player Profile: Tony Ontiveros - Hardball Dynasty Baseball | WhatIfSports
and the other side of my SS platoon:
Player Profile: Terrence Pavano - Hardball Dynasty Baseball | WhatIfSports and
Player Profile: Shane Rivera - Hardball Dynasty Baseball | WhatIfSports

I suppose a third option is to take a hit at range in CF, move Perry back to LF and start one of these two in CF, instead:
Player Profile: Stubby Ponson - Hardball Dynasty Baseball | WhatIfSports
Player Profile: Alexi Rivera - Hardball Dynasty Baseball | WhatIfSports

As an aside, kind of ****** at myself for not making sure that Player Profile: Dorssys Lecuona - Hardball Dynasty Baseball | WhatIfSports was eligible for my playoff roster...

3/19/2016 8:03 PM
It really depends on who you play in LF if Perry stays in CF. Assuming it's a much better bat than any of the options listed, I'd probably leave Perry in CF and use an early D-Rep for him.
3/20/2016 8:37 AM
We haven't talked about this in awhile, but have you seen anything new to this date to make you want to change your historical thinking on ADV scouting?

3/20/2016 11:10 AM
Nothing at all.
3/20/2016 12:37 PM
I was thinking, if you have a guy with a patience rating 90 or higher, or a guy who is older that you know for a fact you won't want after his first long term contract, is it worth offering him long term after his first Arb to keep his salary down?

my thought on this is back before I knew better, I offered:

https://www.whatifsports.com/HBD/Pages/Popups/PlayerRatings.aspx?pid=4589091

A long term deal really early in his career. May not have been the smartest move but I kept a guy who may make the hall of fame under $7 million a year.

Now one in another league I have Arb'ed this guy twice:
https://www.whatifsports.com/HBD/Pages/Popups/PlayerRatings.aspx?pid=6749264

and it looks like I'll be offering him closer to $9 million a season. Maybe I'm biased because the first guy has the years to back it up but I feel like Davis is the better pitcher at a better price.

3/20/2016 12:54 PM
At what point in the season does a type-a free agent lose his type-a status ?
3/20/2016 1:35 PM
I've done it a few times but mostly because I know when players start to decline.

When you can see HS/College players.
3/20/2016 2:52 PM
◂ Prev 1...993|994|995|996|997...1151 Next ▸
ASK THE MIKET23 THREAD, PT. 6 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.