Posted by tecwrg on 4/4/2011 6:20:00 AM (view original):
Posted by boogerlips on 4/4/2011 1:33:00 AM (view original):
I'm surprised that tectard hasn't informed us that 'OVR' is meaningless. Thats one of his favorite lines to drop whether asked for or not.
How is OVR pertinent to this thread?

Oh yes.  It's that "reading comprehension" thing again, isn't it?
OVR was mentioned in this thread. It was your duty to put a stop to the nonsense that the term 'OVR' should be used, but you FAILED.
4/4/2011 2:48 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 4/4/2011 2:01:00 PM (view original):
Wearing green shirts might be more asthetically pleasing in a visual sense.  Doesn't make you a different person than if you wore brown shirts.

Just like having "knuckleball" listed on the player's card for aesthetic reasons doesn't make a pitcher a "true knuckleballer".
The programmers created pitches so that we could use them as a substitute for saying "P1, P2, etc."  There's no other reason to do it.

So, if a guy has only a knuckleball, why wouldn't he be a knuckleballer?  It doesn't mean that the pitch will move.  It isn't relevant to gameplay.  But it's a fun little thing to look at for some people

I'm not sure why you (yes, you personally, not the general you) can't differentiate between saying he's a "knuckleballer" and believing that saying that has some independent effect on performance beyond the ratings.
4/4/2011 3:46 PM
As an aside wouldnt it be cool if they programmed some meaning into the pitch types?  Say as mentioned previously if you had a P with a fastball of 95 but velocity of 15, overall his effectiveness (for that pitch) would be terrible.  Now lets say that same Ps #1P was a knuckleball with the same 95 rating and velocity of 15.  This guy would be a monster pitcher.  Or at the very least a lot better then the 1st pitcher.
So they could program the range of pitches according to effectiveness of the velocity of the pitcher ranging from the knuckleball through the slurve all the way to the fastball.  Id think that would be fairly easy to program no?  Any Dilberts out there that can confirm the complexity of said change?
4/4/2011 3:51 PM
Posted by isack24 on 4/4/2011 3:47:00 PM (view original):
Wearing green shirts might be more asthetically pleasing in a visual sense.  Doesn't make you a different person than if you wore brown shirts.

Just like having "knuckleball" listed on the player's card for aesthetic reasons doesn't make a pitcher a "true knuckleballer".
The programmers created pitches so that we could use them as a substitute for saying "P1, P2, etc."  There's no other reason to do it.

So, if a guy has only a knuckleball, why wouldn't he be a knuckleballer?  It doesn't mean that the pitch will move.  It isn't relevant to gameplay.  But it's a fun little thing to look at for some people

I'm not sure why you (yes, you personally, not the general you) can't differentiate between saying he's a "knuckleballer" and believing that saying that has some independent effect on performance beyond the ratings.
I merely pointed out that the name of the pitch was meaningless, since the original post seemed to imply that perhaps the original poster thought it had meaning.  You and rangerup decided to take this stupidity to page 10.  This thread should have died halfway through page 1.
4/4/2011 3:53 PM
Posted by greeny9 on 4/4/2011 3:51:00 PM (view original):
As an aside wouldnt it be cool if they programmed some meaning into the pitch types?  Say as mentioned previously if you had a P with a fastball of 95 but velocity of 15, overall his effectiveness (for that pitch) would be terrible.  Now lets say that same Ps #1P was a knuckleball with the same 95 rating and velocity of 15.  This guy would be a monster pitcher.  Or at the very least a lot better then the 1st pitcher.
So they could program the range of pitches according to effectiveness of the velocity of the pitcher ranging from the knuckleball through the slurve all the way to the fastball.  Id think that would be fairly easy to program no?  Any Dilberts out there that can confirm the complexity of said change?
This post is three days too late.
4/4/2011 4:08 PM

He IS a knuckleballer...and throws really fast!
4/4/2011 4:15 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 4/4/2011 3:53:00 PM (view original):

I merely pointed out that the name of the pitch was meaningless, since the original post seemed to imply that perhaps the original poster thought it had meaning.  You and rangerup decided to take this stupidity to page 10.  This thread should have died halfway through page 1.
Good point, it's 100% our doing.
4/4/2011 4:27 PM
Uhhhh...it is, jackwad. Now get your passive aggressive condescending crap out of here
4/4/2011 5:23 PM
As opposed to your aggressive condescending crap?
4/4/2011 7:01 PM
I'm upfront. You have no question about what I'm thinking. You're trying to be all cute dressed up as magnanamous.
4/4/2011 8:24 PM
Sarcasm and passive aggressiveness are not synonymous.

You have to be a total, unadulterated jackass to miss the sarcasm in my post.  Upfront enough?
4/4/2011 9:06 PM
And there I thought it was your single moment of clarity in this thread.
4/4/2011 9:48 PM

So I'm beating you by one?          

4/4/2011 10:00 PM
No.  You were being sarcastic, remember?  ADD problems?
4/4/2011 10:04 PM
Yeah, I am a little ADHD.  OK, so we're tied.
4/4/2011 10:10 PM
◂ Prev 1...8|9|10|11|12...15 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.