My favourite flower is... Topic

Posted by greeny9 on 9/19/2011 7:42:00 AM (view original):
Just so you all know, those signings happened when I was a lil bit crazy.  I plead insanity.  :)

And I have informed Tecwrg of those signings.  I did so last night, and asked him to replace me.  I honestly hope that Tec can get those and the other signing (the one Ive been ******** about) overturned.  Maybe that will happen, but these signings surely will be overturned.  Therefore the team wont be any worse then when I took it over.  And hopefully better...
So let me get this straight. You are ****** because you didn't look at the team you were taking over. You find a contract that is no good because the previous owner trashed the team and affected the integrity of the league. You plead with CS to go against their stated policy and adjust the contract and they do. But not enough for your satisfaction. So you continually and rudely berate CS and threaten to leave. Then you come here and cry because everyone doesn't pat you on the back and tell you how right you are. Not to mention how you have said this is the last word numerous times only to keep posting.....and posting.....and posting. Then you admit to signing multiple guys to bad contracts yourself, thus doing the same thing the POS before you did. Then you want tec to remove you and make some other poor scmuck take over a team with even more bad contracts.

Do you find this to be acceptable adult behavior? Or the behavior of a spoiled brat? If you signed players to bad contracts in a fit of pique, that makes you a POS. Case closed.
9/19/2011 9:34 PM
In the "how many players can I **** around with" category, greeny passes sculley by a total of 8 to 7.

Sculley released six quality players and gave an unwarranted contract extension to a seventh.
Greeny gave three bad contract extensions and signed five free agents to bad contracts.  All between 9/16 11:35am and 9/17 3:25pm.
9/20/2011 8:22 AM (edited)
Never trust bad hockey nicknames.
9/19/2011 9:49 PM
Trying to sort through the mess that greeny created.  It's quickly become apparent that he has done FAR more damage than sculley had done.

By my calculations, greeny's contract extensions and free agent signings, all of which were done in bad faith, have resulted in:

S22 - $12.6m of committed payroll
S23 - $22.1m of committed payroll
S24 - $33.9m of committed payroll
S25 - $36.5m of committed payroll
S26 - $35.5m of committed payroll
S27 - $19.0m of committed payroll
9/19/2011 10:06 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 9/19/2011 5:33:00 PM (view original):
Actually, if WifS personnel is truly "re-dedicated" to HBD, this can be a good thing.

They can recognize the situation and make a couple of programming changes so it never happens again.

1.  Players will not sign a deal that takes them past the age of 39.
2.  Players 39 or older will only sign 1 year deals.
3.  Players will not sign for more than their demands once FA ends. 

If they make these simple changes, neither one of these ******** can do what they did.   Now, of course, both could have signed 10 FA for 1m but none of them would be signed beyond one or two seasons.

MAKE IT HAPPENS, WIFS!!!!!
Just in case WifS is paying attention.
9/20/2011 5:57 AM
If you go back and look at the original post, his last update to his ticket was at 11:31am on 9/16, in which he says "I hope that WIS dies a quick painful death, its what WIS deserves."

Four minutes later, at 11:35am, he starts issuing the bad contract extensions.
9/20/2011 6:04 AM
Just in case you thought there were people quietly agreeing with you, you're wrong.  What you did was despicable.  Those of us who play this game spend our money and our leisure hours for the fun of competition.  When someone ruins a team, it really is a drag for everyone in the league.

By the way, you pleading "insanity" should be changed to pleading "selfish, childish hissy fit".  And you should acknowledge it.

Of all people, if there was some merit in your position, don't you think your brother would see it?  You should have listened to him in the first place. 

I can't disagree that bad contracts are frustrating.  Your job is to deal with them.
9/20/2011 7:58 AM
Posted by mfahie on 9/20/2011 7:58:00 AM (view original):
Just in case you thought there were people quietly agreeing with you, you're wrong.  What you did was despicable.  Those of us who play this game spend our money and our leisure hours for the fun of competition.  When someone ruins a team, it really is a drag for everyone in the league.

By the way, you pleading "insanity" should be changed to pleading "selfish, childish hissy fit".  And you should acknowledge it.

Of all people, if there was some merit in your position, don't you think your brother would see it?  You should have listened to him in the first place. 

I can't disagree that bad contracts are frustrating.  Your job is to deal with them.
Have you bothered reading the entire thread?  Ive aplogized, Ive admitted fully that what I did was wrong, and that Im sorry for doing it...

And have you taken a poll of every single HBD player?  Have they all read this entire thread?  How can I possibly be the ONLY person here who believes that WIS should be doing something about the type of contract that I had to deal with.  I mean a contract that was signed by an owner who was absolutely no arguement possible that he was actively trying to demean the team and the world?  I really am the only person in all of the active HBD players that believes this?  I dont think so.

I am not saying that anybody is going to agree with my actions, just with the underlying intention.

But if you believe I am wrong in every sense with my intentions so be it, but you cant speak for EVERY person that plays HBD, unless in fact you are able to read minds, and read minds around the entire world...???
9/20/2011 8:19 AM
Seriously, stop posting.    Regardless of your intentions, your hissyfit was designed to do as much damage to a team's future as possible.  You aren't going to find much sympathy around here because EVERYONE would think ANYONE who did what you did in their world is a dick. 
9/20/2011 8:21 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 9/20/2011 8:21:00 AM (view original):
Seriously, stop posting.    Regardless of your intentions, your hissyfit was designed to do as much damage to a team's future as possible.  You aren't going to find much sympathy around here because EVERYONE would think ANYONE who did what you did in their world is a dick. 

+1

And now, 32 owners in Mantle have to deal with the consequences of his actions.

9/20/2011 8:23 AM
There's not a whole lot of wiggle room right now for Albuquerque to make any legitimate moves that involve taking on future season salaries:

Payroll Budget Old * New *
Season 22 $94,600,000 $90,142,284 $90,142,284
Season 23 $72,000,000 $71,878,000 $71,878,000
Season 24 $63,000,000 $58,712,500 $58,712,500
Season 25 $54,000,000 $49,500,000 $49,500,000
Season 26 $45,000,000 $42,500,000 $42,500,000
* Includes Player Payroll Offered in Negotiations.
9/20/2011 8:27 AM
And now we know why WifS limits future salaries. 
9/20/2011 8:30 AM
Honestly, this is one of the worst things I have seen in HBD in a long, long time.  Your account should be banned without delay.

CS went over and above normal protocol to help you and you turned around and fucked your entire world.  I am sorry but apologies are just not enough in some cases.  Good riddance.
9/20/2011 8:36 AM
And have you taken a poll of every single HBD player?  Have they all read this entire thread?  How can I possibly be the ONLY person here who believes that WIS should be doing something about the type of contract that I had to deal with.  I mean a contract that was signed by an owner who was absolutely no arguement possible that he was actively trying to demean the team and the world?  I really am the only person in all of the active HBD players that believes this?  I dont think so.

It's possible.  There may also be people who think cannibalism is an acceptable practice.
9/20/2011 8:43 AM
◂ Prev 1...7|8|9|10|11...16 Next ▸
My favourite flower is... Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.