trading draft picks Topic

Or this?

11/12/2013 6:24 PM

Pretty sure a politician from Texas said that. 

Bob said "Cheaters never win.   Unless they're nordique."

11/12/2013 6:42 PM
i traded picks and thats not cheating. heck some guys i would trade my promised picks after rollover would say; God ur honest, for real i never thought i would get those picks. and i would answer; Dude all i have is my word in trading picks, ur getting them whether u forgot or didnt really care. my 12-1 World Series is so amazing that some of you think, heck he must have cheated. ill take it as a compliment because it is.
11/12/2013 6:44 PM
11/12/2013 6:49 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 11/12/2013 6:42:00 PM (view original):

Pretty sure a politician from Texas said that. 

Bob said "Cheaters never win.   Unless they're nordique."

Mike, ask WIS if i ever traded pick with an alias that i used 1 day to defend myself in the league chat or any other alias. problem is i have only one and used it 1 day. i didnt cheat, it is possible to win 12 titles in 4 different worlds and go 12-1 in the World Series. I did it.
11/12/2013 6:49 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 11/12/2013 6:49:00 PM (view original):
tecwrg, im afraid that even if u would own all the teams in the same league you would still lose.
11/12/2013 6:52 PM
I would try that, but it would be, you know . . . CHEATING!
11/12/2013 6:55 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 11/12/2013 6:55:00 PM (view original):
I would try that, but it would be, you know . . . CHEATING!
cheating at losing, boy u suck
11/12/2013 7:00 PM
Is this your favorite show?

11/12/2013 7:10 PM
nordique, did you just pick guys from your 0/0 scouting and say "here you go, good luck," or did the guys you traded with select your picks for you?
11/12/2013 10:05 PM
most of the time after the season ended i would let them pick anybody out of my top 10 or sometimes my entire draft. 
11/13/2013 12:29 AM
With 0/0 scouting, you don't see many prospects.     And the projected ratings are useless.   How did you rank them?
11/13/2013 8:51 AM
Posted by mushahshi on 1/24/2012 9:04:00 AM (view original):
Well, now that my TC just blew up, let me clarify.Unfortunately, I can't think of way of doing so without revealing TC's in the forums. Apologies in advance where they are needed. Nordique did TC me with this:

"Thanks, but this is a danger of a veto. thats why we usually dont say anything about the draft picks, we just do it after rollover...silently...
     lol...cross your fingers"

so that is NOT a lie. To be fair to nauds, he TC'd me after the announcement with:

"Hey bro, just wanna make sure you know KC has 0/0 prospect scouting... The chances of his picks being any good are low"

and followed up with:

"Look at his draft history it will give you an idea of what youre getting. You want me to approve this? If i were you i would wait until after the draft, so you know u are      getting at least something.  Btw, this conversation never happened. Im good friends with nordique"

Since nauds just asked me to speak up, I figure I'm released from that promise. I responded with:

"I'm actually really easy going - do what you feel is right, and I won't rat you out, lol"  (meaning to Nordique for questioning the trade)

Since the trade was approved, I have no idea who voted for or against it now. As I indicated to Ovechkin last night, the first indication I had that something was really wrong was when Nordique said these things are normally done quietly, but at that point, the trade was accepted and in the hands of the league to vote. While Nauds has been very (some might say overly) vocal in defense of his friend, he had nothing else to do with this deal. For my part, I'm willing to vacate my claim to the draft picks and accept the loss of Colbrunn as an expensive lesson learned in order to get back to playing and enjoying the game.

If everyone was doing it, why was it done on the hush hush?
11/13/2013 6:22 PM
Posted by bfkfraser on 11/13/2013 6:22:00 PM (view original):
Posted by mushahshi on 1/24/2012 9:04:00 AM (view original):
Well, now that my TC just blew up, let me clarify.Unfortunately, I can't think of way of doing so without revealing TC's in the forums. Apologies in advance where they are needed. Nordique did TC me with this:

"Thanks, but this is a danger of a veto. thats why we usually dont say anything about the draft picks, we just do it after rollover...silently...
     lol...cross your fingers"

so that is NOT a lie. To be fair to nauds, he TC'd me after the announcement with:

"Hey bro, just wanna make sure you know KC has 0/0 prospect scouting... The chances of his picks being any good are low"

and followed up with:

"Look at his draft history it will give you an idea of what youre getting. You want me to approve this? If i were you i would wait until after the draft, so you know u are      getting at least something.  Btw, this conversation never happened. Im good friends with nordique"

Since nauds just asked me to speak up, I figure I'm released from that promise. I responded with:

"I'm actually really easy going - do what you feel is right, and I won't rat you out, lol"  (meaning to Nordique for questioning the trade)

Since the trade was approved, I have no idea who voted for or against it now. As I indicated to Ovechkin last night, the first indication I had that something was really wrong was when Nordique said these things are normally done quietly, but at that point, the trade was accepted and in the hands of the league to vote. While Nauds has been very (some might say overly) vocal in defense of his friend, he had nothing else to do with this deal. For my part, I'm willing to vacate my claim to the draft picks and accept the loss of Colbrunn as an expensive lesson learned in order to get back to playing and enjoying the game.

If everyone was doing it, why was it done on the hush hush?
I don't post much on HBD forums but this whole affair reminds me a bit of the recent Penn State deal. Lets keep things silent while I take you into the showers and fleece you of your best players for some **** draft picks that I drafted with 0/0 scouting.

Why has WIS not banned this guy? 12-1 WS or not, totally classless. Looks like a lot of cheerypicking went into those 12 WS's too.

I am 3-0 in WS's, another starts tomorrow. But I like to compare my titles to Smith Barney of old, "I make my WS Championships the Old Fashioned way. I earn them". nordique has not earned his titles by working at it. He's gamed the game by cheating and cherry picking.

11/13/2013 7:32 PM
Posted by nordique93 on 11/12/2013 6:01:00 PM (view original):
everybody traded picks in Evangeline including the Commissioner. yeah i pushed it by trading 5 1st round picks, but why was the receiving team so ECSTACTIC  about getting all them picks? because he loved that trade. newly elected commish Vdaino was looking for an excuse for years to get rid of me so he could try and win something, yet he won nothing because hes a loser. i moved on to win World Series Trophies one on top of the other in 4 different Worlds. 
Ecstatic... if you are going to emphasize it so much, please spell it correctly.

It's the least you could do.
11/13/2013 7:45 PM
◂ Prev 1...28|29|30|31|32 Next ▸
trading draft picks Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.