trading draft picks Topic

Posted by vdaino on 1/21/2012 6:47:00 PM (view original):
There are a few of us who speak up and point out the BS. I don't think the extent of the collusion was revealed until this season. Nordique made me an offer like that and I just laughed at it. He and I have had our issues in the past. This nauds clown is in a different stratosphere.

The issue for me is this: as a founding and long time owner (I took a hiatus from WIS for awhile) it is tough to leave a world that you have been committed to for so long. I like my team there and have a lot of history there. This recent BS is possibly more than a lot of people can take. I try to keep it light and funny, but the childishness is ridiculous and the underhanded dealings are more extensive than I was aware of.
I feel for a long time owner like yourself, but keep in mind this world is invariably doomed (by their actions, publicized by this thread.) Maybe not now, but come rollover I suspect. And perhaps WifS doesn't need to do much, because these things have a way of policing themselves.
1/22/2012 10:50 AM
The world isn't doomed. There are a dozen or so guys with significant time and money invested in this world. Something like 10 guys have been there since day one, and a lot only play in this world. They will have a dozen openings, they will go public because the commissioner is so hands-off, and they will eventually fill with new owners and aliases. Things will continue as they have been, with nordique pulling off trade rapes every season, then he and nauds screaming at anyone who disagrees. It's been four days and CS still hasn't responded to my ticket, so I don't really feel like this is a priority for them.
1/22/2012 1:01 PM
No response on such a matter is pathetic. I can't believe they would neglect this for so long.
1/22/2012 1:04 PM
why dont you try to get the other owners to take commisionership away and give it to one of you guys.  No need for it to go public.  Just ask some other commisioners for advice on how to go forward at rollover time.  I believe a vote will allow you guys to strip it right?
1/22/2012 1:09 PM
I believe it's 10 votes to remove a commish (not from the world, but from the role).
1/22/2012 1:57 PM
Jahu43 did an amazing job at turning around Hunter last season, ask him for pointers.  I know there are tons of other great commishes that would be only to happy to help you guys out too OV.  Evangeline doesnt have to stink it (because of 2 or 3 owners) any more if you guys work at improving it.
1/22/2012 3:07 PM
I can't see why anyone would want to join a world with nordique's domination.
1/22/2012 4:40 PM
The trade went thru.  Good luck getting 10 owners to overthrow the current commish.
1/22/2012 4:42 PM
If Evangeline were a restaurant, Gordon Ramsay would shut it down.
1/22/2012 5:24 PM
1/22/2012 5:50 PM
If you've got a dozen owners who have been there for so long, and they won't do anything to stop that BS, then just get out and run the other direction. There are enough good worlds looking for owners, no need to try and fix a world that doesn't want to be fixed.
1/22/2012 6:03 PM
Posted by njohnson78 on 1/22/2012 6:03:00 PM (view original):
If you've got a dozen owners who have been there for so long, and they won't do anything to stop that BS, then just get out and run the other direction. There are enough good worlds looking for owners, no need to try and fix a world that doesn't want to be fixed.
+1
1/23/2012 1:22 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/18/2012 9:34:00 AM (view original):
Don't you trust yourself?   If you rank a player, don't you think he's worthy?   After he's on your team, does his projections matter?   Or do you constantly trade for 2nd year pros with no development pattern?

Anyway, 12 seasons, .428 winning percentage.  Excuse me if I disregard your HBD expertise.
Uh ho!  My .432 winning percentage isn't much better.  I guess i better not say much ;)
1/23/2012 2:09 AM
Our stance on trading involving future draft picks is as follows:

For a public world trading future draft picks is not allowed.

For a private world it is up to the commissioner of the world. Most worlds would probably not allow it but a world with the right owners might want to allow it as it can be a positive thing when done right. If a world wants to allow trading with draft picks, it must be added to the private world rules on how to handle it. Should an owner involved in the trade depart in between seasons, the new owner should NOT be expected to hand over draft picks unless agreed upon prior to joining. Again, only a world with a strong commissioner and a good group of owners should consider permitting trades including future draft picks.
1/23/2012 10:53 AM
Well there's a good reason to avoid private worlds. I'm curious - has the AWOL commish for Evangeline ever given specific permission for this? Is it league rules?
1/23/2012 11:53 AM
◂ Prev 1...14|15|16|17|18...32 Next ▸
trading draft picks Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.