trading draft picks Topic

Posted by nauds3000 on 1/24/2012 8:52:00 AM (view original):
Back out as in I veto it
It takes 10 vetoes.  How could you guarantee that?  Do you have 9 other aliases in the world?
1/24/2012 8:54 AM
I spend $600 a month and have 30 teams in the league actually

Out of curiosity have any of you jockies had CS check our IP's? There's been about 20 pages of accusing me of being the same person as Nordique, yet none of you have the nuts to actually prove it.

1/24/2012 8:58 AM (edited)
PROVE IT FORUM JOCKIES, PROVE IT
1/24/2012 8:59 AM
Well, now that my TC just blew up, let me clarify.Unfortunately, I can't think of way of doing so without revealing TC's in the forums. Apologies in advance where they are needed. Nordique did TC me with this:

"Thanks, but this is a danger of a veto. thats why we usually dont say anything about the draft picks, we just do it after rollover...silently...
     lol...cross your fingers"

so that is NOT a lie. To be fair to nauds, he TC'd me after the announcement with:

"Hey bro, just wanna make sure you know KC has 0/0 prospect scouting... The chances of his picks being any good are low"

and followed up with:

"Look at his draft history it will give you an idea of what youre getting. You want me to approve this? If i were you i would wait until after the draft, so you know u are      getting at least something.  Btw, this conversation never happened. Im good friends with nordique"

Since nauds just asked me to speak up, I figure I'm released from that promise. I responded with:

"I'm actually really easy going - do what you feel is right, and I won't rat you out, lol"  (meaning to Nordique for questioning the trade)

Since the trade was approved, I have no idea who voted for or against it now. As I indicated to Ovechkin last night, the first indication I had that something was really wrong was when Nordique said these things are normally done quietly, but at that point, the trade was accepted and in the hands of the league to vote. While Nauds has been very (some might say overly) vocal in defense of his friend, he had nothing else to do with this deal. For my part, I'm willing to vacate my claim to the draft picks and accept the loss of Colbrunn as an expensive lesson learned in order to get back to playing and enjoying the game.

1/24/2012 9:04 AM
Actually I think the prevailing thought is that you and your BFF are colluding at home.  Its quite possible that you and 'Dique arent the same person but from our vantage point it sure looks like there is a heck of a lot of colluding going on.  Take a step back and look at it from an outsiders perspective Nauds, Im sure you will agree (if you are a rational human being).  And checking TCs or IPs isnt necessary when you guys are BFFs in real life.  Besides that IPs are easy to mask (and alter) if you are a real computer nerd.  And for all we know the commish is your second BFF which is why he has been absolutely quiet in this whole fiasco.
1/24/2012 9:05 AM
Why would I offer the chance to Musashi to help him not make the trade go through if I really was colluding with Nordique, that makes absolutely no sense. READ the messages I sent Musashi. He's a 3rd or 4th year owner, I was trying to communicate how I felt about the deal. At the same time I am a very good friend with Nordique (Not in RL) but just through talking to him in this league. If Musashi admitted to me that he made a mistake, I would've veto'ed it. He didn't. He told me he was going to rebuild his whole team from all these 1st round picks he's getting from Noridque (which is 4 first round picks)

I told Musashi to look at Nordique's draft history, he said:

mushahshi 1/16/2012 8:36 PM I was just looking at the history - non of the picks are on the same level as Colbrunn, but that's more a function of how far back they were picked, and that's why there are so many of them. If it works out, I'm trading one superstar for an entire team.

So **** it, I went along with it
1/24/2012 9:13 AM (edited)
Best.  Thread.  Ever.
1/24/2012 9:13 AM
Posted by mushahshi on 1/24/2012 9:04:00 AM (view original):
Well, now that my TC just blew up, let me clarify.Unfortunately, I can't think of way of doing so without revealing TC's in the forums. Apologies in advance where they are needed. Nordique did TC me with this:

"Thanks, but this is a danger of a veto. thats why we usually dont say anything about the draft picks, we just do it after rollover...silently...

so that is NOT a lie. To be fair to nauds, he TC'd me after the announcement with:

"Hey bro, just wanna make sure you know KC has 0/0 prospect scouting... The chances of his picks being any good are low"

and followed up with:

"Look at his draft history it will give you an idea of what youre getting. You want me to approve this? If i were you i would wait until after the draft, so you know u are      getting at least something.  Btw, this conversation never happened. Im good friends with nordique"

Since nauds just asked me to speak up, I figure I'm released from that promise. I responded with:

"I'm actually really easy going - do what you feel is right, and I won't rat you out, lol"  (meaning to Nordique for questioning the trade)

Since the trade was approved, I have no idea who voted for or against it now. As I indicated to Ovechkin last night, the first indication I had that something was really wrong was when Nordique said these things are normally done quietly, but at that point, the trade was accepted and in the hands of the league to vote. While Nauds has been very (some might say overly) vocal in defense of his friend, he had nothing else to do with this deal. For my part, I'm willing to vacate my claim to the draft picks and accept the loss of Colbrunn as an expensive lesson learned in order to get back to playing and enjoying the game.

Thanks bro, you should maybe clarify that the 2nd, 3rd and 4th messages were sent by me.
1/24/2012 9:27 AM (edited)
Doesn't this info pretty much blow the idea that this sort of trade was routine and above board in this particular world out of the water?
1/24/2012 9:28 AM
This statement should really be raising a red flag with everyone involved:

The WC in that league is a must-read everyday. 

nauds, it's really difficult to take you seriously when you're trying to talk like an adult one minute, and then you flip a switch and start yelling and screaming and using "bro" in every other sentence.  Slow down.  Take a deep breath. 
take it easy bro
1/24/2012 9:38 AM
He's not your bro.
1/24/2012 9:43 AM
Posted by nauds3000 on 1/24/2012 8:43:00 AM (view original):
Posted by ovechkin008 on 1/24/2012 7:51:00 AM (view original):
Speaking of interesting developments, last night I was talking to the guy who nordique worked this most recent draft pick trade with. This whole thing started when he basically said "this trade is more even than it looks, because I'm getting some of his draft picks next year." A few of us spoke up, and that's when this took off. He got a TC from nordique questioning why he mentioned that in the WC. So even if nordique and nauds think that trading draft picks is okay, they wanted to keep that practice quiet.
That is an absolute lie, are you talking about Musashi? I had an extensive TC with him before the trade ever went through, I'm not going to post what we spoke about on the forums. As I respect his privacy, unlike you. But I can tell you this, I OFFERED him the opportunity to back out of the trade. And he told me to make up my own mind about it. Which I did. You need to stop spinning this **** like me and Nordique are trying to cover anything up. It's enough.

And secondly I admitted to making a draft pick trade with Nordique on page 1 or 2 of this thread, before the Musashi trade ever went through.

CS made the official response, a commissioner will make the judgement on this in the future.
What part is a lie?   You like to accuse people of being liars, but I don't think I've made a false statement yet.

I started this thread while the trade in question was being vetted.  So after people complained about the practice of trading draft picks, then you admitted that you had pulled a trade like that with nordique.  Congratulations?  And I'm not sure if "admitted" is the word you want to use if you're looking for a pat on the back or some sort of sympathy.  If you had said something at the time that you were pulling your trade with nordique, that would be one thing.  Admitting it later on when people are questioning you about it, that's not very impressive. 
1/24/2012 9:47 AM
BTW, who the hell is Evangeline?
1/24/2012 10:12 AM
◂ Prev 1...17|18|19|20|21...32 Next ▸
trading draft picks Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.