trading draft picks Topic

can you do that?  Have the player moved from one roster to another with the roll-over?
1/27/2012 4:56 PM
If you're going to do that, why not just allow trading of rookies?
1/27/2012 8:53 PM
Posted by dlmose on 1/27/2012 8:53:00 PM (view original):
If you're going to do that, why not just allow trading of rookies?
Because it's not allowed in MLB.
1/27/2012 8:54 PM
Posted by vdaino on 1/27/2012 4:56:00 PM (view original):
can you do that?  Have the player moved from one roster to another with the roll-over?
no it's a what if question.
1/27/2012 10:52 PM
As the incoming commissioner of Evangeline, the league rule will be no trading of draft picks or future international players.  If the ratings are not available to be seen when the deal is made (player already on the roster) the player can not be traded.
1/27/2012 11:26 PM
V, you are the new commish?  thats awesome, Im sure you will do a much better job then the outgoing dude, though I can understand if he was too busy to deal with that whole situation...   ...Although I have to say Im surprised that Dique allowed it!  lol
1/27/2012 11:41 PM (edited)
Nice vdaino. It'll be hard to commish though if that WC ban holds. Have they lifted that yet? FWIW, you seem like the right guy for the job. Good luck turning that place around, and good call on the no trading future picks.
1/28/2012 12:48 AM
It was just lifted. There are many long timers in that league and good guys. We will clean it up (clean it out) and get back to business. This forum has made the issue seem larger than it actually is, which is a shame. This was a no drama league prior to the arrival of a certain done and it shall return to a no drama league after the next roll over.
1/28/2012 6:28 AM
*done = someone. (iPad!!!)
1/28/2012 6:29 AM
Good luck to you
1/28/2012 9:06 AM
Thread closed?
1/28/2012 9:55 AM
Nope. Vdaino's first move as commissioner is trying to allow Nordique to keep ALL of his draft picks. And not allow Musashi and Nordique to complete the draft pick deal. Much to the dismay of other owners in this league.

Nice first move VD, and secondly I came in the league 5 seasons ago. Draft pick deals occurred LONG before I was ever here. You want to try and remove me? Go for it bro, you are already under investigation regarding personal threats toward me. And received a 1 week WC ban because of it.

It's pretty obvious your own

inadequacy

and jealousy has lead to many of your actions toward me. Why don't you switch teams again in this league, due to your own inability to build a winner.
1/28/2012 10:06 AM
Investigate away. There were no private threats made to you. For anyone still interested in this mess, mushashi offered to let the deal die without draft pick compensation. I suggested that alternatively they could reverse the deal and exchange the players that were traded. Mushashi graciously offered to forego the picks.

The league will not be bullied by whoever screams the loudest.

Moving on. Evangeline will need some replacement owners. If anyone here is interested in joining a league full of great owners that has new leadership.....and would like to help me out, send me a sitemail.

Thanks to everyone for all of the input, both public and private.
1/28/2012 10:19 AM
vdaino, I just read the chat, and uh, well, there doesn't seem to be that much dismay.... One or two posts, thats it. GL. Id be willing to replace, but I already have a replacement team, so I can't...
1/28/2012 10:30 AM
Posted by nauds3000 on 1/28/2012 10:07:00 AM (view original):
Nope. Vdaino's first move as commissioner is trying to allow Nordique to keep ALL of his draft picks. And not allow Musashi and Nordique to complete the draft pick deal. Much to the dismay of other owners in this league.

Nice first move VD, and secondly I came in the league 5 seasons ago. Draft pick deals occurred LONG before I was ever here. You want to try and remove me? Go for it bro, you are already under investigation regarding personal threats toward me. And received a 1 week WC ban because of it.

It's pretty obvious your own

inadequacy

and jealousy has lead to many of your actions toward me. Why don't you switch teams again in this league, due to your own inability to build a winner.
He has two WS titles in that league. He seems able to me.
1/28/2012 10:31 AM
◂ Prev 1...23|24|25|26|27...32 Next ▸
trading draft picks Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.