What will WifS do? Topic

Posted by shobob on 10/8/2012 9:53:00 AM (view original):
171 openings now.  This number just keeps growing.  This site just can't sit on their hands here.  Something needs to be done to get this logjam moving.
Did HBD collapse on 10/8/12?
9/5/2013 11:00 PM
Nope.  Seems not.  I just find the discussion around this topic to be entertaining, so I bring it up in times like these.
9/5/2013 11:58 PM
"in times like these" 

translated "every September thru October".

I really wish they'd at least look at something like forcing a merger if a world sits unfilled for like 3 or 4 months or whatever. 

The really odd thing is that the owners in those worlds SWEAR, their world is one of the good ones.

Yet they can't figure out why they can't fill and 100 other worlds have filled since they rolled.
9/6/2013 12:57 AM
There was a thread very recently, where a debate broke out about having some sort of threshold which you had to be above before you could go private.

I think Mike suggested something like "If you go private you can never go public again" or something to that effect.

I'd like to read through that again, but had no luck finding it.

I think there were some pretty good ideas in that discussion.
9/6/2013 2:18 AM
So, if a good idea falls in the forest and there is no one around, does  it make a sound, a whimper, kick up some dust? Not in WIS.
9/6/2013 5:51 AM

It was probably the opposite, mchales.    If you go public, you can't return to private.    As I understand it, a private world can go public, fill and go back to private the next season.   And return to whatever rules they had in place.   Which, of course, might not be acceptable to the n00b who joined so he could try HBD.   So he dumps the world and, possibly, the game.

9/6/2013 6:44 AM
Recently someone was saying that a private world went public to fill, then as soon as the button was hit to start the season the vets of the world started demanding the people that grabbed teams when it was public needed to follow the rules they had.  Not sure how they felt they could enforce that but it did get a couple of people to abandon teams or leave after the season.
9/6/2013 11:19 PM
Spawn rolled last night with 17 openings & the commish was among the deserters.

If THAT doesn't scream merger or contraction IDK what does...

How bad of a world does it have to be to lose over half the owners including the commish?
9/7/2013 9:05 AM
At the very least, it screams 'TARD WORLD!!!
9/7/2013 10:24 AM
What is gained by contracting a world?
9/7/2013 11:34 AM
But, mchales, that would be a good world for your idea. 
9/7/2013 11:35 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 9/7/2013 11:34:00 AM (view original):
What is gained by contracting a world?
A reduction in oversupply is the obvious answer.
9/7/2013 12:31 PM
So you assume the owners in said world...
A)  take other teams
B) don't say "**** this stupid game"

Seems like a pretty big assumption.   Say "The Bigs" has a problem.   WifS contracts it.   You've been there since inception.   Do you just pick up another team?  Do you trust WifS to not contract another world you're in?
9/7/2013 3:11 PM
I'm addicted.  I'd probably use the "opportunity" to try to get into coop or MG.  Having said that, I'd be ****** if "The Bigs" was shut down considering we've only had one rough rollover in the world's whole history.  I should think that it would be a perennial problem world that would be contracted, as opposed to one that's having a "hiccup".  And I like to think that the worlds I'm in are fairly stable.
9/7/2013 6:41 PM (edited)
I see no reason to contract a world unless their is 32 openings. Worlds will contract on their own, if 20 owners are willing to wait it out until the world fills(however long that may be) then I see no reason to force them to fold the world that they desire to play.

The theory that someone will just pick up another team is flawed. I was playing 1 GD team and I got fired and I have yet to replace that 1 team and I have no short term plans to replace that team. According to the belief of many I would replace that spot by taking on another team, which did not occur with me. If I did not get fired I would still be playing that team.

With all that said it took almost 3 weeks but today I finally filled the world I am commish. In 29 seasons I had never taken a week to fill a world and in about 20-25 of those seasons I filled the world in less than 24 hours.

9/7/2013 9:27 PM (edited)
◂ Prev 1...17|18|19|20|21...23 Next ▸
What will WifS do? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.