What will WifS do? Topic

ABU, USMLB and HoF together have 62 spots taken (34 openings)  if they could figure out a way to merge those 3 worlds into two, that would take a lot of openings off the market.
9/30/2012 10:52 AM
Posted by shobob on 9/30/2012 10:52:00 AM (view original):
ABU, USMLB and HoF together have 62 spots taken (34 openings)  if they could figure out a way to merge those 3 worlds into two, that would take a lot of openings off the market.
I just took over as commish in ABU, had us down to 5 openings at one point. But it went stagnant. I would be open to some sort of merge though if WIS would do it.
9/30/2012 5:06 PM
Football season better end soon or WIS is going to have to bring another server online to track the openings.
10/3/2012 11:29 AM
As of right now:

156 openings in 26 worlds, with 4 more worlds scheduled to roll in the next three days,
10/3/2012 3:21 PM
Heading into the baseball playoffs, which should be a prime marketing opportunity for WIS.  Haven't seen any ads anywhere. Has anyone?
10/3/2012 4:33 PM
I've been joking around about this, but I count about 28 leagues in the playoffs. Unless there's an influx of new owners the available list is going to be pretty long. 
10/4/2012 8:22 PM (edited)
This is a start.

9/27/2012 1:18 PM profgreen
Is there ANYTHING in the works or is anyone at WIS thinking about what to do with all of these world openings? Offering free or discounted seasons? Anything?

Please don't insult us by replying that "WIS is not planning to do anything at this time" Give us something.

Please

Thanks
10/3/2012 9:59 AM Customer Support
We appreciate your concern.

In the coming weeks we will start a cross promotion campaign with our fantasy baseball user base on FoxSports.com. We hope that this will generate interest and, in turn, cause some of the openings to be filled. In addition to that we are discussing a promotion to coincide with the 2012 World Series. 

Thank you.
10/3/2012 7:40 PM
Cooperstown rolled at 6:10 PM today with 4 openings.  World was approved at 8:38 PM.

Crazy, huh?
10/7/2012 8:43 PM
Well la dee da.  We all aspire to be godmike.   Oh wait that's someone else.
10/8/2012 9:32 AM
The good worlds roll, the down on their luck worlds take longer.  In down times, the good worlds still roll fast, but the poor worlds take forever to fill.  That's why I made the suggestion that only two public worlds be available to be joined at any time.  I've noticed that many of the worlds waiting to fill have had their number of openings down to lower numbers than they are at now.  I think ABU was down to 5-6 openings at one point, but then they got back up to 11.  Now they sit at 9.  In The Bigs, we started with 11, got down to 7, went back up to 9, and now it sits at 5.
10/8/2012 9:38 AM
Well, that's something you can aspire to but I don't think it's achievable.  Nonetheless, the point is simple:   All this gloom and doom isn't the fault of WifS.  It's your world, and to a much less extent, your commish.    A good world with a commish who starts seeking owners well before rollover will roll a lot quicker than some chump world with a commish who starts looking after the world rolls.
10/8/2012 9:39 AM
Forcing people to join undesirable worlds isn't an answer.    Like most, I'd just wait until a world I wanted to be in was available.
10/8/2012 9:39 AM
I'm talking about public worlds here.
10/8/2012 9:40 AM
Still applies.    If I don't want to join ABU because they always have 15 openings but I do want to join More Cowbell because I think that was a funny skit, I'm not joining ABU because it's one of the two available worlds.    I'll wait.    That's not good for business.
10/8/2012 9:45 AM
Speaking of The Bigs.  This one has me flabbergasted.  Say what you will about world rankings, but we sit at #24 in the last one done, but because of some weird freak outlier rollover in which 11 people inexplicably quit (for no reason - no drama on the board, no incidents or cheating), we have been waiting around to start our next season for over a month!  I'll admit the commish could have been more on top of things pre-roll, but we have always mucked by with only 2-4 openings per season, and we would usually start our next season within one or two days of rolling.
10/8/2012 9:47 AM
◂ Prev 1...7|8|9|10|11...23 Next ▸
What will WifS do? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.