HBD Marketing Poll Topic

Posted by mmiller989 on 10/25/2012 7:54:00 PM (view original):
Neither ad seems to tap into what really draws me into playing HBD. It's feeds the GM strategist need, while throwing in the thrill of the unknown, then making it challenging as heck because I'm pitted against other people who are as smart or smarter than I am.
I agree with this. "Feed your addiction" doesn't speak to me. This is about being Billy Beane or Dave Dombrowski or Brian Cashman. It's about calling the shots.
10/25/2012 10:17 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 10/25/2012 10:03:00 PM (view original):
Posted by opie100 on 10/25/2012 8:16:00 PM (view original):
Posted by ukula on 10/25/2012 8:09:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 10/25/2012 7:16:00 PM (view original):

FWIW, I voted #1 but I'd drop the dude's face.   It does scream "NERD!!!" 

c'mon, lets face it we're all nerds
But what we found out is that each one of us is a brain... 
Andrew Clark: ...and an athlete... 
Allison Reynolds: ...and a basket case... 
Claire Standish: ...a princess... 
John Bender: ...and a criminal... 
See?  This is nerdy.

Glad I don't know what movie he's referencing.
The breakfast club.... Best teen movie ever.....

Favorite line... vp sais to bender making bull horns with fingers. "Your mine bender, for two months. Instead of going to jail you'll come here!"

Watch this movie if you have never seen it or its been a while
10/25/2012 11:00 PM
To be honest I wouldn't click on either of them, but #1 is closer. I'd get rid of or shrink the "Feed Your Addiction" tag and add some in game stuff. Maybe the very bottom of a box score with Dee Bradley hitting a walk off home run. Even better if you replace the picture of Bradley you have now with draft information and add the "Player of the Game" box at the bottom. Just my two cents on the matter.
10/25/2012 11:31 PM
Voted Option #1.  I think the player on it should be Leo Egan from Dimaggio world.
10/26/2012 12:30 AM
Listen to tuft.   He sells a lot of Beanie Babies on eBay.   He's a marketing jenious!!
10/26/2012 6:48 AM
I'll add something for those requesting more specifics on the ad.    I don't think the sale happens on the banner.  You have to get people in the "store" and then sell.   The first option has a baseball and "play now".    It's obviously some kind of baseball game.   Anyone seeking to play a baseball game on the internet would click it.  The game description, and price, are on the "inside".    In addition to the hot chick saying "Be the boss", I'd probably add the price on the banned.   "It's only $5?  Lemme take a look."
10/26/2012 7:12 AM
I'm thinking less about the ad itself and the timing of the ad. Why is WIS/FoxSports waiting until AFTER the World Series to promote? Wouldn't it be much better to promote DURING the World Series when traffic is still being driven to their website?  Timing just seems off to me to grab baseball fans.  "Hey, when the World Series is OVER, lets promote HD to baseball fans that aren't visiting our site as much anymore."
10/26/2012 7:16 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Although, to be fair, I don't think "wordy" works on the internet.    If I have to read line upon line of "description", it better grab me in the first couple of sentences.  I much prefer cresten's posts to someone like tuft's.   Both are nonsense but one takes me 3 seconds and the other, which I ignore, takes much longer.
10/26/2012 7:51 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 10/26/2012 7:12:00 AM (view original):
I'll add something for those requesting more specifics on the ad.    I don't think the sale happens on the banner.  You have to get people in the "store" and then sell.   The first option has a baseball and "play now".    It's obviously some kind of baseball game.   Anyone seeking to play a baseball game on the internet would click it.  The game description, and price, are on the "inside".    In addition to the hot chick saying "Be the boss", I'd probably add the price on the banned.   "It's only $5?  Lemme take a look."
I agree that the sale doesn't happen on the banner.  But there needs to be at least a minimal amount of information on the banner ad to get people interested enough to click on it to "get in to the store".

If I had never heard of WIS or HBD, I'm not sure if either of those two ads would interest me enough to click it and check it out.  Even if there was a hot chick on the banner, I'm not sure I would click on it.  I might be more inclined to leave the picture of the hot chick up on my browser as eye candy.  And putting the price on the page, without much context on exactly what it is they're trying to sell you, might not give me enough reason to click on it.
10/26/2012 8:19 AM
I like how the suggestions in the forums are better than anything that the big wigs at WIS sales and promotions could come up with.  A high schooler could have come up with those two ads.
10/26/2012 8:21 AM
I'm a copywriter (for reals) and I approve of the chick with the gun.

10/26/2012 8:25 AM
Posted by tecwrg on 10/26/2012 8:19:00 AM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 10/26/2012 7:12:00 AM (view original):
I agree that the sale doesn't happen on the banner.  But there needs to be at least a minimal amount of information on the banner ad to get people interested enough to click on it to "get in to the store".

If I had never heard of WIS or HBD, I'm not sure if either of those two ads would interest me enough to click it and check it out.  Even if there was a hot chick on the banner, I'm not sure I would click on it.  I might be more inclined to leave the picture of the hot chick up on my browser as eye candy.  And putting the price on the page, without much context on exactly what it is they're trying to sell you, might not give me enough reason to click on it.
Baseball game, hot chick and I'm the boss all for 5 bucks.    If I'm looking to play a baseball game, that at least makes me go "WTF?" and click it.  

But I would add "Introductory offer" the price.    I'd probably be ****** if I signed up, started playing my first season and suddenly realized that I'd have to fork out $25 for a second season.   And you know 98% of the internet world wouldn't familiarize themselves with what happens next until they're knee deep in it.
10/26/2012 8:32 AM
i think the face and especially the stats in option 1 are more interesting than just 'feed your addiction'.
10/26/2012 8:39 AM
i think a better idea is having a pic of some of the current great hbd owners lined up with hott ******* on they arms and then say 'if these funky looking bastards can get such hot tail, you can too! play hbd now!'
10/26/2012 8:41 AM
◂ Prev 12345 Next ▸
HBD Marketing Poll Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.