If I don't arb a guy in his final arb year, do I receive any comp picks when he goes FA? 

11/5/2012 2:46 PM
no
11/5/2012 2:52 PM
Even if they're Type A or Type B?
11/5/2012 4:19 PM
If you release an arb-eligible player (which I assume is what he's saying when he says he's not arbing him, the only other option would be to sign him long-term), they don't get a Type A or Type B designation.   Nor should they, as they were completely under your control and you chose not to give them a contract.
11/5/2012 4:24 PM
how do the rules apply if a player has never been arb'ed?  I dont know how to tell but it seems like the owner before me just signed the player long term every chance he had. 
11/5/2012 5:40 PM
There are rare instances where a player becomes a UFA with 0 ML experience, if an owner signs this guy to say a 4 year deal. I believe once that 4 years is up he will then have 6-4 years left of arbitration which in this case would be 2 years.

I am only fairly certain on this, someone else may want to verify this information.
11/6/2012 10:25 AM (edited)
Posted by wolves16 on 11/5/2012 5:40:00 PM (view original):
how do the rules apply if a player has never been arb'ed?  I dont know how to tell but it seems like the owner before me just signed the player long term every chance he had. 
If a guy has 6 or more years of ML service and isn't otherwise signed to a contract, he's a FA, regardless of whether he's ever been through arbitration or not.  Players don't have a certain number of arb years that you get to use when you please - they are eligible for arbitration if they have 3, 4, or 5 years of service time and aren't otherwise signed.
11/6/2012 10:22 AM
Al is right.

Has nothing to do with contracts and everything to do with service time.

However, a guy who has received a ML contract after becoming a 6-year minor league FA but hasn't accumulated 3 years' ML service time will re-sign at $500k until he hits arbitration.
11/6/2012 12:40 PM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.