How can you determine when a young player is ready to be called up from one level to the next? Should you just base it off the success he's having at his current level? 
1/2/2013 9:07 PM
Estimate, based on his ratings progression, when he will be at a point where he is ML ready, or when you will want/need him at the ML level.    Then step him through the minor league levels at an appropriate pace.

For instance, if he's in Low A and you feel that you won't want/need him in the majors for another three seasons, let him spend one season at each intermediate level (High A, AA, and AAA).  If he's in RL and you feel that he should be ML ready in two seasons, then let him spend approximately 1/2 a season at each of the four minor league levels between RL and ML.

It's not a good practice to base minor league promotions (or lack of) based on minor league success/failure.  By doing that, your decisions are being influenced by how well/poorly other owners are running their minor leagues.

1/2/2013 9:33 PM (edited)
Assuming you're doing things "right", giving promoted prospects enough playing time, and given that they should be getting better coaching at higher levels... is there any downside in this game to advancing a prospect, other than his earnings increasing sooner than later?

1/3/2013 8:48 PM

Apparently, if a prospect is playing in a level that is "over his head", his ratings progression will suffer.

1/3/2013 9:14 PM
Posted by shobob on 1/3/2013 9:14:00 PM (view original):

Apparently, if a prospect is playing in a level that is "over his head", his ratings progression will suffer.

Can someone confirm this?
1/4/2013 3:58 AM
I think I read that in a developer's chat, back when they used to have those.
1/4/2013 11:39 AM
I have heard the opposite, though, shobob (essentially that PT is what determines development more than anything, even if the results are not good). I'd also be interested in corroboration of this.
1/14/2013 8:15 PM
Posted by musketeer22 on 1/4/2013 3:58:00 AM (view original):
Posted by shobob on 1/3/2013 9:14:00 PM (view original):

Can someone confirm this?

I can confirm I've seen no evidence of such a thing.

1/14/2013 8:40 PM
I am not talking about a player who is going to be ML ready because their stats for the most part can keep up with most of the minors, but what about a guy in rookie ball who will not be a ML who you automaticaly bring up to AAA. I thought I read somewhere that that sort of move will hurt his ratings?
1/14/2013 9:48 PM
You probably have read it somewhere.    I've seen no evidence of it.
1/15/2013 10:14 AM
Posted by chisox378 on 1/14/2013 9:48:00 PM (view original):
I am not talking about a player who is going to be ML ready because their stats for the most part can keep up with most of the minors, but what about a guy in rookie ball who will not be a ML who you automaticaly bring up to AAA. I thought I read somewhere that that sort of move will hurt his ratings?
If hes not gonna possibly make the ml level then why care about him.
1/15/2013 10:37 AM
True, I was just using an example.
1/15/2013 11:26 AM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.