Demotion penalties for older players Topic

It seems that my older players rarely take demotion hits when I DFA them.  If a guy has been in the majors for a while or is well over 30, the risk seems very low, even with guys with low patience and makeup.  Anyone else notice this?
1/23/2013 1:34 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by rangerup on 1/24/2013 6:53:00 PM (view original):
I have never DFA'd anyone.
How does that answer the question?
1/24/2013 7:31 PM
Posted by kahrtmen on 1/23/2013 1:34:00 AM (view original):
It seems that my older players rarely take demotion hits when I DFA them.  If a guy has been in the majors for a while or is well over 30, the risk seems very low, even with guys with low patience and makeup.  Anyone else notice this?
If I'm DFAing somebody, he's probably somebody I'm not going to be too concerned about taking a demotion hit.  

But I don't think I've ever noticed a hit for DFA guys.
1/24/2013 7:34 PM
Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Felipe Rojas

DFA times 2, ratings hit.
I don't think it'll show as demotion because, technically, it isn't.
1/24/2013 7:56 PM
I didn't meant to just limit it to DFA.  Any demotion for players over 30 usually is the same.
1/25/2013 12:36 PM
Over 30 are more likely to decline regardless, so it makes sense that.a negative occurance would help that along.
1/25/2013 12:45 PM
Demotion penalties for older players Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.