No IFAs prospects after 8 days Topic

In the mauer league, IFA were suppose to start coming out on January 22nd.   I have not seen a single one--and I have a $16 million budget.  No one in the league has signed an IFA.   I sent in a ticket and WIS responded that the numbers of IFAs in a season varies--I know that--but zero after 8 days and no signings.   Has anybody ever seen that?

Update:

Problem solved thanks to Dedelman.   As he suggested, we sent a ticket in asking for review by a programmer.  Shortly thereafter the problem was fixed.  We went 10 days without an IFA before it was fixed when a dozen or so IFA suddenly appeared in a single cycle. 
2/4/2013 6:18 PM (edited)
No one in the world had even seen one. Maybe they're on strike. 
1/31/2013 12:03 PM
None after 9 days--WIS claims there is no problem.  I think most leagues average a little less than 1 IFA per day.
1/31/2013 3:49 PM

quick question, when is the last day for IFA in a season?

1/31/2013 3:51 PM
Check your world schedule.  It will give you dates.
1/31/2013 4:13 PM
Posted by chisox378 on 1/31/2013 3:51:00 PM (view original):

quick question, when is the last day for IFA in a season?

End of minor league regular season.
1/31/2013 4:20 PM
Posted by tragedy on 1/31/2013 3:49:00 PM (view original):
None after 9 days--WIS claims there is no problem.  I think most leagues average a little less than 1 IFA per day.
IFA appearances are wildly random and inconsistent.

Much like the quality of those you see.
1/31/2013 4:21 PM
There were 130 IFA in Fingers last season.
There are about 180 HBD days on which IFA can appear.
The rate of IFA appearance therefore = about 0.7/HBD day, rounded down
Mauer is 25 days into the IFA process

The likelihood that this is random is 1 in 12 trillion; even considering that there are 4000 world-seasons or so, that drops the likelihood that this has ever randomly happened in the game so far all the way to 1 in 3 billion.

Even if you drop the rate down to 0.3 IFA per HBD day (54 per season, way lower than any world-season I have been in), the likelihood that this is random is one in 7500.

Send a ticket, and politely ask that it be bumped up to high level support (ie, a programmer).  Something is wrong.

1/31/2013 4:43 PM
Multiple owners have sent tickets--response so far nothing is wrong here.  However, in none of those tickets have we asked that it go to a programmer. 
1/31/2013 7:04 PM
Day 10--no IFAs, and WIS not responding to our tickets. I guess they are having a problem figuring out what is going on.
2/1/2013 1:07 PM
It's a tragedy~!
2/1/2013 3:25 PM
My league is winding up spring training. With a $13-million international budget, my scouts have already brought me 6 prospects. I've signed two of them, but nobody else in league has signed any yet. As a first timer, I was actually surprised with how many I'm seeing so quickly. Do I need to pace myself with bonus offers?
2/3/2013 11:15 AM
Only pace yourself if you're not signing guys who you expect to make the majors.

As long as it's ML talent, blow your wad when you see fit.  :)
2/3/2013 12:37 PM
Do they ever sign for less than asking? All my lowball offers are getting rejected...
2/3/2013 3:32 PM
Posted by iain on 2/3/2013 12:37:00 PM (view original):
Only pace yourself if you're not signing guys who you expect to make the majors.

As long as it's ML talent, blow your wad when you see fit.  :)
I'll disagree a bit. At only $13M, you're really better off landing 2 future ML guys (not stars) at $5-$7M each.

You're very unlikely (unless you are in the rare World where no one else is dedicating much budget to IFA) to sign a stud for only $13M), so holding onto it all for that stud is likely to leave you holding onto it all.

If (before the last day of the season) you are signing guys who you don't expect to make it to the majors, then you're doing it wrong. You can get those career minor leaguers fine via the end of the amateur draft or at the very end of the season - don't waste even a dollar on them when you still have the cash to potentially land someone who can contribute at the ML level down the road.
2/3/2013 4:28 PM
12 Next ▸
No IFAs prospects after 8 days Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.