Takes me about half an hour for 50 players(which is usually all I feel deserve a ranking.
1. Pick an "essential" rating. Say 55 VR for a pitcher. Sort it. Transfer qualifiers to excel.
2. Pick a secondary rating on your excel sheet. Say 40 control for a pitcher. Sort again. Deleter the failures. If you want to carry it another step, pick another rating, sort and delete those who fail again.
3. Rank the remainders with your personal formula. If you don't have one, make one.
4. Follow the same steps with hitters.
5. Give the highest ranked player and pitcher a grade of 100(say the highest total from your formula is 543 for a position player. Divide by 5.43). Do the same with your pitchers(noting that the highest may be 621 so divide all pitchers by 6.21). Sort that final column, the one with the 100, and BAM!, you have a list.
6. Rank on HBD screen.
7. Fine tune.