so what is officially a max contract?

10m
20mx5
player option
no trade clause

thats what i've got, i just want to make sure i dont lose out on something stupid

6/12/2013 7:54 PM
Yes
6/12/2013 8:11 PM
well then this is bull ****.

i'm losing out on my former player.  

i had most wins in the league last season
i went to the world series
and the FA was on my team

the team out bidding me was under .500 last year.  and has averages 60 wins over the last five seasons.  he does have a 95 rated hitting coach (as opposed to my 86).  but WTF

6/12/2013 8:17 PM
Tie-breaker bullshit..   Parks, coaching, blah, blah, blah.....
6/12/2013 8:18 PM
Coaching is first. I believe loyalty bonus only kicks in if two teams are tied after coaching and ballpark factors are considered.
6/13/2013 4:42 PM
You win some you lose some. Just as in life.
6/13/2013 5:19 PM
I went max contract on a pitcher right out of the gate in free agency in MG this past season.  I was #1 for three real-life days.  I lost #1 (and the FA) when another owner finally signed his bullpen coach.
6/13/2013 5:48 PM
I thought home town advantage equaled out to approx 10pts of coaching?
6/13/2013 5:56 PM
Where did you get that number from?
6/13/2013 5:57 PM
It has been stated that loyalty bonus only applies when guy has been with you for five seasons. Your guy was only there for three.
6/13/2013 6:21 PM
Posted by mrpolo09 on 6/12/2013 8:17:00 PM (view original):
well then this is bull ****.

i'm losing out on my former player.  

i had most wins in the league last season
i went to the world series
and the FA was on my team

the team out bidding me was under .500 last year.  and has averages 60 wins over the last five seasons.  he does have a 95 rated hitting coach (as opposed to my 86).  but WTF

When this happened to me another owner pointed out that the outcome was better for the game.  I could not argue. 
6/13/2013 6:42 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 6/13/2013 5:48:00 PM (view original):
I went max contract on a pitcher right out of the gate in free agency in MG this past season.  I was #1 for three real-life days.  I lost #1 (and the FA) when another owner finally signed his bullpen coach.
I'm starting to notice cases in which it's immediately evident that a player is going to get multiple max bids, so the player waits till the very end to sign... as if waiting to see who can finally one up the other(s).  Anyone think that's wrong?

Conversely, if one owner is the only one putting a huge initial bid on a player, that can induce the player to sign fast.

6/13/2013 7:35 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 6/13/2013 5:57:00 PM (view original):
Where did you get that number from?
Might be a made up bit of info, I've heard from multiple sources that it is anywhere between 8-10 skill points 
6/14/2013 12:02 PM
Posted by damag on 6/13/2013 7:35:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tecwrg on 6/13/2013 5:48:00 PM (view original):
I'm starting to notice cases in which it's immediately evident that a player is going to get multiple max bids, so the player waits till the very end to sign... as if waiting to see who can finally one up the other(s).  Anyone think that's wrong?

Conversely, if one owner is the only one putting a huge initial bid on a player, that can induce the player to sign fast.

Not true, at least in my experience.

I know for a fact that only one owner put in a max contract offer to a particular type A pitcher. 
That owner also got the top pitching coach a day or so prior to the end of FA signings, yet that player waited until the last cycle or two to finally sign.
6/14/2013 2:32 PM
OK thanks, more food for thought

6/14/2013 4:24 PM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.