Referring to the "player expectations" thread. Player has projected 69/62/84/89 hitting ratings to go alOng with 86 speed and 100 baserunning. Would be a gold glove lf or average to below average cf.

We are 2 games into the season, I have the most $ to offer. Was wondering thoughts on waiting for a hopefully better IFA or grabbing the solid player I can right now.

Really just looking for peoples thoughts on holding out for better IFA or taking the one in hand. Does the fact he would have this entire full season in front of him play a big part?

6/15/2013 4:25 AM
There are anywhere from 0-6 allstar caliber IFAs each season. 3-4 is average.

Playing time during the rookie season doesn't matter enough to be significant.

As far as bidding strategy goes, thats something you need to figure out for yourself based on the above info. Good luck!
6/15/2013 11:24 AM
More importantly imo, are the following three things:

What are his demands? What are his CURRENT ratings? How old is he?
6/15/2013 11:36 AM
He is 19 years old and currently:

45/51/65/69/64 hitting ratings (contact-eye) my 14 mil projections show 54/59/76/85/76 (but with age and current rating plus the post under "player expectations" referring to the same guy lead me to believe projections are higher)

79/61/55/65 defense ratings (range-arm accuracy) projected at 91/87/64/80 (think glove is way higher than it actually is)

With current speed/base running of 84/77 and 85/100 projections

85/63 current health/durability projected @ 95/91

Currently has 70 makeup (81 projected)

Your thoughts on grabbing him, who I think is a very talented player, or waiting for the potential superstar?

Thanks.
6/15/2013 6:06 PM
You wouldn't do bad to grab this guy.  However, it's possible that a better one could come along.  Having said that, it's also possible that you won't see a better one all season.
6/16/2013 3:12 PM
Since when do you need advice for HBD? :)
6/16/2013 10:13 PM
Dude, I like you so I'll give you some advice;

You shouldn't waste your time looking at the forums, seeing as your the commissioner of a world that is seriously lacking in many departments. Your HBD time and effort should be focused on fixing your world, retaining good owners (as many of your best owners had left and I assume continued to do so the past few seasons) and cleansing the world of the garbage owners (which I'm also pretty sure the world is still infested with)

Hope all is well,

The guy who ran off 5 straight division titles and a world series ring despite never playing HBD before joining the extremely competitive and challenging world of Arod
6/19/2013 11:07 AM (edited)
and to be clear I understand that the guy who had the montreal team was (maybe still is) the actual commish but much like david stern he didn't record a pulse during my seasons in Arod. You then usurped the role of commish and therefore are the de-facto commish.

Wanted to clear that up because I am sure that would have been the response.
6/17/2013 11:30 AM
Was this gorkys? If those were the projrctions I saw I probably wouldn't have spent what oe did this early on.
6/18/2013 3:31 PM
I agree, 30 was way too much. I offered him 20 and refused to go higher. I may be wrong but looking through history I'm confident that I will see 2/3 better IFA this season.
6/19/2013 11:03 AM
tman, "dude".....what goes on in your brain to come up with a response like that to a friendly comment..........f u k  u and don't worry, there will be no response to your next childish post BECAUSE ITS A WASTE OF TIME............enjoy Kinsella -  my prediction:  3 season before they run your b y c h a s off.....
6/19/2013 7:15 PM
Love that, "There will be no response" is immeadiately followed by, well, a response. And its obviously not a waste of time to you, who decided to come back and comment after brooding over what I wrote for 3 days.

And, dude, your allowed to swear. Typing slang, misspelled and spaced out profanity is sorta childish (see what I done there?)
6/20/2013 10:03 AM
Posted by tmantom3285 on 6/19/2013 11:07:00 AM (view original):
Dude, I like you so I'll give you some advice;

You shouldn't waste your time looking at the forums, seeing as your the commissioner of a world that is seriously lacking in many departments. Your HBD time and effort should be focused on fixing your world, retaining good owners (as many of your best owners had left and I assume continued to do so the past few seasons) and cleansing the world of the garbage owners (which I'm also pretty sure the world is still infested with)

Hope all is well,

The guy who ran off 5 straight division titles and a world series ring despite never playing HBD before joining the extremely competitive and challenging world of Arod

Not sure how they are correlated. If he is unsure of how he should act as commish the best place is the forums, where dozens of current and ex commissioners post.

You sound like a girl who gave up anal and then got dumped a week later. Stop being a *****.

6/21/2013 12:16 PM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.